Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solar+battery is definitely less fun.

It's part of a package. Solar+battery+EV means zero grid consumption and zero direct/indirect CO2 emissions (aside from the gas hot-water system, which needs to be replaced by a heat-pump unit at some point) whenever charging at home. Which will be like 99% of the time.

Not fun, but certainly satisfying.

But emotionally very satisfying :)

We bought solar + battery to reduce the need for polluting coal fired power stations and to support solar + battery research thus reducing the cost for others down the track. We find our purchase very satisfying like Vostok. We have 2 teenage grandsons and want to do as much as we can to preserve this wonderful planet for them and future generations.

Our model 3 purchase is the most expensive car we’ve ever bought - usually we buy a second hand car. We reserved after the last election when we realised this present government has no constructive plans to combat climate change and the future of EVs will have to be led by you and I. Other reasons for model 3 choice are: safety; design; support for Tesla and Elon’s amazing philosophy; and yes - it will be FUN! :)

Got my invoice this morning (after my call yesterday).
4882XX P-
Build&Compliance 06/08/19.
VIN remained unchanged from when it first appeared on 14/8/19.
Can you tell me what the first 8 digits of the phone number that made the delivery call? I really don't want to miss my call and I can't keep answering every random call that I get during meetings!

• Funny
Reactions: 1st in Line
It's part of a package. Solar+battery+EV means zero grid consumption and zero direct/indirect CO2 emissions (aside from the gas hot-water system, which needs to be replaced by a heat-pump unit at some point) whenever charging at home. Which will be like 99% of the time.

Not fun, but certainly satisfying.
Oh I understand. I'd probably be doing it now, but putting rooftop solar on a roof that's getting toward the end of its life is a bit silly. It'll also be useful to see what household power demand looks like in the new and improved TM3-enabled household.

Lots of Tesla enthusiasts wish they were in this situation so they could have an excuse to get solar roof tiles :)
Don't tempt me!

Fortunately, or otherwise, I don't think they're really available here, yet. Also, you can't see our roof without a ladder, so I don't care at all what the rooftop solar arrangement looks like, and the look is one of the big advantages of the tesla solar tiles.