Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is also evidence that the devaluation of high range EVs is far less than normal ICE vehicles, and of course running costs are much lower (around 1/3) such that total cost of ownership for the EV over 5 years or more can actually be less than a comparable (but crappier) ICE

I keep getting the argument from people "nobody buys a 100k+ car and worries about running costs". The same or very similar people are totting up costs comparing petrol to diesel, thats about a 15-20% running cost saving - EV's can offer them a 70-80% saving, and it only gets better the more kms you drive.

Many people just don't get how big the savings are over time. Maybe it's because Scomo and his ilk have been banging on about power prices for too long, and we all forget that power is way down the list of household expenses. Per Chart of the day: There are 12 other things that cost households more than electricity

The impatience got the better of me and I reached out to the delivery advisor for our Model S by email.
The reply is both a blessing a curse...
"I can see your VIN has been assigned, it’s on a ship arriving for delivery around the end of this month. We’ll be starting to schedule customers on this ship in about a week or so."
At least I don't have to sit on my phone for a few days.

Reactions: TASKA9
Mine is "reminding" (/hassling) me to connect to wifi. But currently our wifi doesn't reach the garage, and the car doesn't support the kind of username/password sign in required to get onto the one at work. Looks like will need a wifi range extender...

I would suggest running an Ethernet cable through your roof from your router and then linking that to a Ubiquiti UniFi Lite on your garage roof. That way your tesla should have its own wifi AP

• Love
Reactions: andygen21
The impatience got the better of me and I reached out to the delivery advisor for our Model S by email.
The reply is both a blessing a curse...
"I can see your VIN has been assigned, it’s on a ship arriving for delivery around the end of this month. We’ll be starting to schedule customers on this ship in about a week or so."
At least I don't have to sit on my phone for a few days.
Did you have a hidden VIN prior to contacting them?

It's a reasonable idea. The cabling isn't straightforward, though.
Hardest part is running it up the wall, really depends on the situation.

either do power line or wifi booster/extender

power line adapters work well.

They can, however to future proof your home nothing beats a $100 AP hardwired to your router/switch. Power line can have very different results depending on the age of the property and heaps of other variables