Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know all this talk about VINS etc is important but i need to focus on something else #TeamVinless.

Whats really important is what songs are you people putting on your playlist to give the new sound system a workout ?

Whats the first thing you will play loud after getting the car?
This song 90% because of the song title but also because it has a real funky bassline:
Daddy, he got a Tesla

#TeamVINless

I know all this talk about VINS etc is important but i need to focus on something else #TeamVinless.

Whats really important is what songs are you people putting on your playlist to give the new sound system a workout ?

Whats the first thing you will play loud after getting the car?

I agree, that this is very important.

Not sure whether or not in this particular order:

Queen - I'm in love with my [EV] car

Michael Bublé - Feeling Good [about my EV]

Pink Floyd - Time [for EVs] (great song to test surround sound)

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene Part 4 [the future is electric - and so is this music]

Stromae - Alors on Danse [Model 3 ... makes me want to dance]

Kenny G - The Joy of Life [has now arrived - feeling a bit less "sad" - thanks Elon!]

Jean Michel Jarre - [EV] Révolutions

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody [great stereo sound effects]

Pet Shop Boys - Go West [picking up in Alexandria and living in the Inner West, so on my first drive I will be going West]

Sex Pistols - My Way [chosen purely for sublime expression of philosophy and culture through the medium of music]

The above list is neither complete nor final!

Android 10 is out for my Pixel phone. Have to reboot. Haven't received "the call".

Forwarding all calls to work phone.
Yea, I got that update on my Pixel this morning. Had some issues with half of the apps not working, Had to remove and reinstall them and most have started working fine. There were some other updates in Play store after doing the Android 10 update. The dark theme looks great.

Good news! The ‘better economic managers’ have just managed the lowest annual GDP growth since 2009. And all without the aid of a Global Financial Crisis!
What this means for Model 3 buyers is, so long as you have placed your order or about to do so, there is a good chance it will appreciate in price in the short term & hold its value well in the medium term. This is because of the fact we are grinding towards a recession & the RBA will drop official interest rates again, causing the AU$ to devalue against the US$, resulting in Tesla raising AU prices. Additionally, with the drop in iron ore prices (which may have further to go with a slowing Chinese economy) the RBA may want to maintain export levels, which is obtained via currency devaluation, again from lowering interest rates.
Also, as I suggested a few weeks ago, you may want to hold off finance or at least be able to refinance when loan rates drop further, which could save you hundreds over the life of the loan.

Here are some interesting charts regarding VINs and who has been contacted and their reservation year (Res Year) from the VIN form spreadsheet:

upload_2019-9-4_12-19-47.png

A relevant first song to play in a Tesla, sung by many, perfected by Etta James:

At last my love has come along
My lonely days are over and life is like a song, oh yeah
At last the skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up clover the night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill I've never known, oh yeah
You smiled, you smiled oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in Heaven
For you are mine at last

Teslas can play FLAC audio, so if you're after fidelity I would go for FLAC audio files if you can get them.
Different sort of compression. You’re thinking of data compression: packing, say, 1 MB of data into 500 kB of space. This can be lossless (what you get after decompression is what you had before compressing) or lossy (throwing away data to get a better compression rate, hopefully without too much perceived quality loss.)

The other sort of compression is dynamic range compression: instead of having very quiet and very loud phrases, the loudest stuff is reduced in volume, and the quietest stuff is made louder. This allows the track as a whole to be made louder. The consequence is that it’s perceived as better by the general population, but you lose a huge amount of nuance in the work; everything blends together. For those who enjoy good music, this is an utter travesty. What really grates is that this type of compression can be done on the fly, but instead it’s forced on us - it cannot be undone when the CD (or whatever) is mastered like this.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Dylan_
Has anyone noticed in their source code that the pricing info is different to their order?
"totalCashPrice":"$112,467.73","vehicleTotal":"$93,475.00","baseVehiclePrice":"$92,600.00","salesTax":"$8,507.73","fees":"$10,485.00","tradeIn":"$0.00"

My order: P3+ with white int. $92,600, total price $103,960

The difference between what I'm actually paying and the source code total cash price is the "Sales Tax" of $8507.73

We are all going a little bit nuts...
Huh, so you have noticed it too...

Has anyone noticed in their source code that the pricing info is different to their order?
"totalCashPrice":"$112,467.73","vehicleTotal":"$93,475.00","baseVehiclePrice":"$92,600.00","salesTax":"$8,507.73","fees":"$10,485.00","tradeIn":"$0.00"

My order: P3+ with white int. $92,600, total price $103,960

The difference between what I'm actually paying and the source code total cash price is the "Sales Tax" of $8507.73
I noticed similar thing.
"totalCashPrice":"$76,547.55","vehicleTotal":"$68,275.00","baseVehiclePrice":"$67,400.00"
The order is for SR+ with MSM paint in QLD coming with on roads $70,338

Edit:
Had a quick look at the order agreement:
Model 3 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive $66,000
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint $1,400
18’’ Aero Wheels Included All Black Partial Premium Interior Included Autopilot Included
Delivery Fee $875
Your Model 3 (GST Inclusive) $68,275
Your Model 3 (GST exclusive) $62,068.18
GST on Vehicle $6,206.82
Your Model 3 (GST Inclusive) $68,275
Local Registration Costs (excl. CTP) $316
Local CTP $351
Local Stamp Duty $1,366
Plate Fees $30
Total $70,338

Last edited: