Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+ was never supposed to have homelink, The sales people told me it would have floor mats but no fog lights, but given the choice, I would take fog lights over mats, so if that will be the case, I will be fine with this :)
Ours physically has the lights, but they seem to be software disabled. Or I can't figure out how to turn them on. But I don't really care -- have maybe used the fogs on our other car once -- so haven't tried that hard.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
VIN tipped up this morning 5YJ3F7EB6KF4887xx (NZ) and just had the phone call.
White P3- with FSD; reserved 2017; ordered 31 May
Apparently the car is in Auckland, place holder delivery date is end of the month but should be before then.
Should have invoice in a couple of days.
Thanks. Vinship updated. It was on either ANL Warrnambool or Merkur Ocean. First of that range known to have a date.AUNZVInTracking

Key Fobs are more likely classified as a spare part rather than an accessory. I bought an additional UMC bag for my adapters last year and they spent a while trying to find it under accessories until someone suggested looking for it under spare parts, found it almost immediately and even had one in stock. So ask them to search for a fob under spare parts and they may have more luck in finding it.
That doesn’t make sense. Key fobs in the USA for Model 3 have always been an optional item. So it wouldn’t be categorised as a “spare part” since it’s never been a standard component of the car. UMC is totally different - every Tesla comes with one standard. So in that case a replacement is a “spare part”.

Can anyone confirm that a keyfob from the US works on an AU/NZ delivered Model 3? I have one so I hope so!
It may not work. If Model 3 key fobs are BTLE then it should work. If it’s based on other unlicensed spectrum then possibly not. Different countries have different spectrum assignments, so Tesla might use different frequencies in the USA to what would be permissible here. In Australia, most wireless gadgets that use unlicenced spectrum (garage door openers, remote controls for toy cars & drones, wireless sensors etc) operate at 433-434 MHz.

Spectrum at 434 MHz for low powered devices | ACMA

It may not work. If Model 3 key fobs are BTLE then it should work. If it’s based on other unlicensed spectrum then possibly not. Different countries have different spectrum assignments, so Tesla might use different frequencies in the USA to what would be permissible here. In Australia, most wireless gadgets that use unlicenced spectrum (garage door openers, remote controls for toy cars & drones, wireless sensors etc) operate at 433-434 MHz.

Spectrum at 434 MHz for low powered devices | ACMA
This article indicates it is BLE so hopefully it will work:
Bluetooth key fob for Tesla Model 3 spotted in FCC pictures

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman

My experience of watching a friend back his Prius into a pole has made me convinced these sounds are very worthwhile. Although his reverse light was on, as an observer, I didn't actually register that he was reversing. I know that the noise is supposed to be for warning pedestrians, but I can't help but think that the noise would have prompted me to get his attention earlier.

My experience of watching a friend back his Prius into a pole has made me convinced these sounds are very worthwhile. Although his reverse light was on, as an observer, I didn't actually register that he was reversing. I know that the noise is supposed to be for warning pedestrians, but I can't help but think that the noise would have prompted me to get his attention earlier.
Well, your tesla can see the pole, and will tell you. But I see your point.