Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All LEAFs have this (forward pedestrian alert sounds, and reversing sound), it’s no big deal. The pedestrian alert sound is a high pitched whine and is barely audible inside the cabin with the windows up. The reversing sound is like the “beep beep” that trucks make (but nicer). I think it would be better for Tesla to adopt that type of sound, because people already know what it means, they are used to it. The sound on that website could be anything, people will have no idea what it means.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Has anyone here received in writing from Tesla any assurances that a tow bar can be retrofitted in Australia? I'd write to them again, but as was just pointed out, at the moment they're too busy to bother with this issue.

I've been waiting on this to place my order.

Got the call from Tesla. No name mixup this time (caller opened with "This is XXX from Tesla Brisbane"). Said that my car was "on the boat" and would be "docking soon". Didn't ask, but I assume that means its on the Warrnambool. Mentioned that the date might slip if the boat is late.

Also didn't really confirm any of my details, just booked me in for a delivery date and said I'd get another call in about a week from the delivery team about invoicing and so on. Poor guy seemed like he was in a bit of a rush.

Anyhow, confirmed via phone:

Brisbane delivery, 30 September
P3-, Silver, 4882XX VIN
No reservation (though if it makes the reservists feel better, I've had two Tesla PW2's since Aug 2018)
No FSD
Order placed 4 June
Received the 'expect a call soon' text 3 business days/5 calendar days before the actual call

Edit: and the delivery date/time/loc now displays on the Tesla order page. :D

Last edited: