Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might get 3 also, if there is left overs, I can apply an extra layer and if there is more left over, can apply to my motorcycle too.

Depending how big the bottles are I bought 50ml of carpro cquartz. I think I used 5ml to do one full layer on the golf.

I imagine half a bottle for the Tesla will be more than enough for multiple coats. The idea is do only add a very thin layer so going crazy doesn’t seem to add very much to the final effect.

From the Model 3 Manual (North America edition):

Seat Covers

Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system.
I asked about that from their online chat assistant and they responded with this:
We've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, reserve the front seat airbag deployment. But we didn't test it before, so our company assumes no responsibility for anything with airbags accident.
So they are aware and believe have designed it to work with the airbags but take no responsibility.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Do I need to bring anything to delivery tomorrow?? Email mentioned nothing, and can’t phone calls have been a blur. I am guessing my licence?
Yep There are a few checklists . Will dig one out for you.

On delivery day, prior to arrival:
  1. Have the Tesla app installed on your smartphone prior to arrival for delivery.
  2. Bring your driver’s license.
  3. If your car will be registered to more than one person, each person on the registration needs to be at the delivery appointment to sign final documents.
  4. Bring written or digital proof of your down payment having been made and the final payment details or financing details. If you are financing your car, make sure your loan has been funded before you arrive to take delivery and that you have some kind of proof you can provide to Tesla should they ask about it.
  5. Bring a printed insurance card or other proof of insurance that shows your Model 3 is insured.
  6. Since the delivery area where you will inspect your Model 3 may be dark, bring a flashlight.

Delivery day in-person vehicle inspection:
*NOTE: Do not sign final documents, or wire funds, until a full vehicle inspection is completed.

SECTION A - Verify pre-delivery vehicle records
  1. Check for correct name and address on your paperwork.
  2. Confirm vehicle's VIN matches your paperwork.
  3. Check display screen for any information that does not match the car.
SECTION B - Exterior inspection
  1. Check for correct vehicle body color and wheels. The rest is too much for this post .. so follow this link - its pretty handy....
mykeln/teslaprep

Hope that helps - from Carlingford - have fun . .

Last edited:
The following is part of a longer list I copied from the internet (sorry as it was for personal use I didn’t note the source)

Before Leaving for the Tesla Store
  • Have the Tesla app installed on your smartphone prior to arrival for delivery.
  • Bring your driver’s license.
  • If your car will be registered to more than one person, each person on the registration needs to be at the delivery appointment to sign final documents.
  • Bring written or digital proof of your down payment having been made and the final payment details or financing details. If you are financing your car, make sure your loan has been funded before you arrive to take delivery and that you have some kind of proof you can provide to Tesla should they ask about it.
  • Bring a printed insurance card or other proof of insurance that shows your Model 3 is insured.
  • Since the delivery area where you will inspect your Model 3 may be dark, bring a flashlight.
After arriving at the Tesla Store
  • Check for correct name and address on your paperwork.
  • Confirm vehicle’s VIN matches your paperwork.
  • Watch for any error messages on the display screen.
  • Check for correct vehicle body color and wheels.
  • Inspect body exterior paint for defects.
  • Inspect vehicle underside (front & rear) for signs of damage.
  • Check for body panel misalignments.
  • Inspect wheel rims for damage.
  • Inspect all glass for signs of distortion or cracks.
  • Check for proper windshield and windshield trim installation.
  • Inspect all edges of the roof glass panel and rear window.
Take a deep breath and a short break for a few seconds to rejuvenate and don’t let the excitement take over your analytical powers… continue!

• Test all doors to ensure they open and close without unreasonable effort. Check paint in areas, such as door hinges, that are not visible when doors are closed. Some deliveries have reported incomplete body painting in hidden areas.
  • Ensure door windows auto-close completely when doors are closed.
  • Test driver & passenger door emergency release.
  • Check all 4 windows to ensure they open and close properly.
  • Test opening and closing of trunk and frunk. Check paint in areas that are not visible when frunk and trunk are closed. Some deliveries have reported incomplete body painting in hidden areas.
  • Check for the towing eye under the frunk mat.
  • Depending on country/state requirement, check for front license plate bracket.
  • Inspect interior seat upholstery, door surfaces, dash, headliner & carpets (including passenger compartment, frunk & trunk).
  • Check left & right clothing hook operation.
  • Check all seat belts for proper operation.
  • Check rear seats for proper fold-down operation.
  • Test sound system to ensure all speakers are working.
  • Test steering wheel position controls to ensure proper operation.
  • Press the center of the steering wheel to make sure the car’s horn works.
  • Test windshield wipers.
  • Test rearview camera.
  • Check side mirrors for proper operation of folding and position adjustment.

... hhhmmm. That is a bit embarrassing. I got 3.

For background, when I had to paint my garage, I had to apply 3 prime coats and two top coat layers to get a half-decent finish. Every paint job I ever did, I ended up using inordinate amounts of paint

So it is three bottles mostly due to my lack of confidence in my coating application skills.

Also, if I have any spare coating solution, I might also coat all glass surfaces not just the painted sections. Although videos showing the effect on glass appeared somewhat less convincing than on paint.
I'm sure you are on top of it, but you can coat your wheels (if you remove them, you can do the entire wheel), and you should do paint correction first to remove swirls etc. If you have too much, you can always do another coat - especially on bonnet, and horizontal areas. Not sure about glass.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
Received my invoice today confirming VIN 5YJ3F7EB5KF4433XX and build date 09/07/2019
Delivery date is scheduled for Oct 17 in Perth

Veda, perhaps not split production for this sequence after all?

It definitely is. I hav been suppie other build dates. You are in the first run.
My car is the day after - 10 July.

I suspect the 12v battery issue delayed both of us.
That is a long time to get the car arriving from August 16. Maybe there was something else to correct for you.

The following is part of a longer list I copied from the internet (sorry as it was for personal use I didn’t note the source)

Before Leaving for the Tesla Store
  • Have the Tesla app installed on your smartphone prior to arrival for delivery.
  • Bring your driver’s license.
  • If your car will be registered to more than one person, each person on the registration needs to be at the delivery appointment to sign final documents.
  • Bring written or digital proof of your down payment having been made and the final payment details or financing details. If you are financing your car, make sure your loan has been funded before you arrive to take delivery and that you have some kind of proof you can provide to Tesla should they ask about it.
  • Bring a printed insurance card or other proof of insurance that shows your Model 3 is insured.
  • Since the delivery area where you will inspect your Model 3 may be dark, bring a flashlight.
After arriving at the Tesla Store...

Yeah, that's this thing, I also can't remember where it was linked from:

https://myattachments.s3.amazonaws.com/TeslaModel3DeliveryChecklist.html

There's also the simpler "Next Steps" section of the account :)

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Now here is a dilemma...

Just checked ship tracker and saw ANL Warrnambool outside of Port Botany - STILL?!?

Checked the Port Authority of NSW website, and now it says ANL Warrnambool to arrive 6:30am Friday 13th...

Things to consider:

Sunrise: 5:58am
Probability of further changes to arrival time: Indeterminate
Do I love my sleep? Absolutely

What to do? I probably won't be able to sleep all night thinking about this!

Hello everyone... desperately waiting for my SR+ white with FSD in Melbourne. Anyone else had similar spec delivered? Even in Sydney? I assume they will do a bunch of them together but have no luck. tracking the spreadsheet too, doesn't look like a popular combination :-/

... hhhmmm. That is a bit embarrassing. I got 3.

For background, when I had to paint my garage, I had to apply 3 prime coats and two top coat layers to get a half-decent finish. Every paint job I ever did, I ended up using inordinate amounts of paint

So it is three bottles mostly due to my lack of confidence in my coating application skills.

Also, if I have any spare coating solution, I might also coat all glass surfaces not just the painted sections. Although videos showing the effect on glass appeared somewhat less convincing than on paint.
How does
Avalon King

Did a little bit of research, before opting for that one. They have already followed up on how my application went. I had to explain that I am still waiting for my car...

They are very slick with their promotions and offer 25% referrer or "ambassador" discounts.

How does this product compare with something like Meguiars ceramic wax that can be purchased at Supercheap?
HYBRID CERAMIC WAX

Yep There are a few checklists . Will dig one out for you.

On delivery day, prior to arrival:
  1. Have the Tesla app installed on your smartphone prior to arrival for delivery.
  2. Bring your driver’s license.
  3. If your car will be registered to more than one person, each person on the registration needs to be at the delivery appointment to sign final documents.
  4. Bring written or digital proof of your down payment having been made and the final payment details or financing details. If you are financing your car, make sure your loan has been funded before you arrive to take delivery and that you have some kind of proof you can provide to Tesla should they ask about it.
  5. Bring a printed insurance card or other proof of insurance that shows your Model 3 is insured.
  6. Since the delivery area where you will inspect your Model 3 may be dark, bring a flashlight.
Delivery day in-person vehicle inspection:
*NOTE: Do not sign final documents, or wire funds, until a full vehicle inspection is completed.

SECTION A - Verify pre-delivery vehicle records
  1. Check for correct name and address on your paperwork.
  2. Confirm vehicle's VIN matches your paperwork.
  3. Check display screen for any information that does not match the car.
SECTION B - Exterior inspection
  1. Check for correct vehicle body color and wheels. The rest is too much for this post .. so follow this link - its pretty handy....
mykeln/teslaprep

Hope that helps - from Carlingford - have fun . .

Very helpful, also I’m not far from you, I’m in Pennant Hills.