Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting used to TACC and Auto-steer very quickly
Only small issues I have are once it stops at a red light behind another car, once it goes green, it takes a bit long to take off, I feel like the car behind me might crash into me. I am just touching the pedal to get it moving a second earlier.

I personally like the way it is by default, but many people I have talked to prefer enabling an option called "creep" in the driving options. It will likely make the drive feel more natural, more like what you are used to.

Sorry for probably a rhetorical question, but what charging adaptors does the car come with? Should I look at buying any type from an external source like jet charge?

Apart from Super chargers and destination chargers, are adaptors needed for all other chargers like charge fox etc?

Reactions: CAM3RON
First post! Just wanted to share my photos of the Autonexus yard in Port Adelaide. Put my drone up for the hell of it, and ended squealing like a baby when i saw one in the flesh!

For anyone curious, mine is the blue one in the top left... zoomed in on the VIN ;)

Solid first post

The sticker on the bottom right has the ship and vin. Did you get the ship info as well? And can you share vin range?
It helps back up the data analysis.

Reactions: 1st in Line
DF1A033A-7CC7-46FF-8119-3870383F929C.jpeg
Merkur Ocean arrived in Sydney this morning.
ANL Warrnambool departed last night after midnight.

Sorry for probably a rhetorical question, but what charging adaptors does the car come with?

It comes with the mobile connector, which includes plugs for 10A and 15A powerpoints, and a HPWC (High power wall connector) that you get a sparky to install on the wall that charges at a much higher speed.

Should I look at buying any type from an external source like jet charge?

Apart from Super chargers and destination chargers, are adaptors needed for all other chargers like charge fox etc?

The car has a type 2 or Mennekes socket on it

I bought a type 2 to type 2 cable for chargers with a type 2 socket but without a cable (sometimes called BYO cable), and a type 1 to type 2 adaptor for chargers with a type 1 cable on them. I got them from www.evchargers.com.au but there are a number of places that sell them. That seems to cover chargers around Victoria.

I personally like the way it is by default, but many people I have talked to prefer enabling an option called "creep" in the driving options. It will likely make the drive feel more natural, more like what you are used to.

No I like it not doing creep, I am just talking about the delay between when the car in front takes off and my car starts to move.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
My date has moved from September 16 to September 20 on my Tesla account, although my leasing company says their records show October 1. I have spoken to a Tesla rep from Melbourne delivery today who assured me that it will be September 20 although he then proceeded to have a bet both ways saying that any date is tentative. He also said that my car is not in Perth and not available. He was a bit flummoxed when I said I thought that it was likely to be at Auto Nexus in Canning Vale. Unfortunately I was traveling on the train and could not hear him very well, but the connection was interrupted shortly after.
Our delivery got moved from the 19th to the 27th, I may have dropped an F-bomb, as we have to fly in to pick it up.
Whatever... lock it down and make sure it's in A1 condition boys n girls.

Did anyone pay into the Tesla Bank account any amount using cash deposits?

I want to make some of the payment in cash but my bank (CBA) advised that 1)they can't add the reference number in the Description field and 2)there is a fee for every cash deposit made as it has to be done over the counter. I know the account number is unique to each order but don't know if it will be safe to make a payment without anything in the payment reference field.

I want to make some of the payment in cash but my bank (CBA) advised that 1)they can't add the reference number in the Description field and 2)there is a fee for every cash deposit made as it has to be done over the counter. I know the account number is unique to each order but don't know if it will be safe to make a payment without anything in the payment reference field.
Move to a better bank? We're taking about a standard electronic transfer here, right? Either BPay or a similar solution. You should be able to do this online, unless it exceeds your daily limit.

I made an additional deposit the other day. I had to visit a branch, because it was more than my daily limit, but I didn't have to pay a fee.

Oh, and at least for me the reference number was identical to the account number I was transferring to, so I doubt it's really necessary. Tesla acknowledged receipt the next day.

I'm with CBA and paid using electronic transfer inside a branch. CBA temporarily increased my daily transfer limit to $100K after which I did the transfer using the Netbank app on my phone. No probs entering my reservation number as the reference. After the successful, they reduced the daily limit back to $10K. It was done in less than 15mins.

Note that for some stupid reason CBA can't increase your daily limit to $100K if you have upcoming scheduled automatic bill payments. After a phone call to their support, the CBA consultant was told that the schedule bill payment would tip the daily limit over $100K :confused:. Because it was an e-bill (council rates payment), I couldn't cancel it, so had to pay it even though it wasn't due until the end of Sept. I reckon this restriction was a bug in their payment system. After that my SR+ payment went thru without any probs.

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

Its about 440km from me to Albany so going to give it a cracik, need to verify but there appears to be a DC charger at precisely the half way mark so can top up if looking tight

No problem to Albany. The DC charger at Arthur River has been installed by a local engineer as a trial - running off a generator at the moment. He did the same in Jurien Bay and has now installed a grid connected DC charger there. There are also Tesla HPWCs at Williams and Kojonup and at the Sandalwood cafe if you are a bit short! (plus several 3 phase sockets)

I was thinking of doing a bank cheque to take with me when I finally get to delivery day, anyone know if they accept these on the day? I'd prefer not to be out of pocket $70k after doing transfers and find a car that I'm not happy with — I'm a little paranoid after reading some of the stories about scratches and broken bits.

Really, I made 4 transfers to Tesla account, final transfer was 4 day ago and hear nothing from Tesla. That make me worry

I think like the usual Tesla quality communication this is just one of those things they “could do better” and it’s a dogs breakfast with some people getting confirmations while others don’t.

If you search in the source code for “rawamount” you will see the payments you have made to date

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: qiSun and rioli33
I was thinking of doing a bank cheque to take with me when I finally get to delivery day, anyone know if they accept these on the day? I'd prefer not to be out of pocket $70k after doing transfers and find a car that I'm not happy with — I'm a little paranoid after reading some of the stories about scratches and broken bits.

Tesla dont take Cheques, even bank cheques. see bottom of final invoice.

How much you planing to pay by physical currency? I recall any amount above 10k will require the bank to lodge a threshold transaction report to the IRS.

For all those in WA that had a call to push out your delivery dates, did you have a date recorded in your Tesla account previously, did that change sometime after the call and if so did the changed date broadly match what you were told in the call?

I had a delivery date of 19th September at noon. On the call they indicated early October (two weeks later) but a few hours later on my account the delivery was rescheduled to the 19th at 1pm, a whole hour later. Now I don’t know what to think!

• Informative
Reactions: Techno-phile
For all those in WA that had a call to push out your delivery dates, did you have a date recorded in your Tesla account previously, did that change sometime after the call and if so did the changed date broadly match what you were told in the call?

I had a delivery date of 19th September at noon. On the call they indicated early October (two weeks later) but a few hours later on my account the delivery was rescheduled to the 19th at 1pm, a whole hour later. Now I don’t know what to think!

What is the phone number for Melbourne Delivery?