Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering...

In anticipation of the imminent delivery of my Model 3 (stop laughing!), I was playing around with my Tesla referral code link.

When I clicked on it, it takes me to a USA Tesla website, since inventory and orders were shown for the USA rather than the Australian market

For people who have taken delivery of their Model 3s or who have already generated referrals - is this normal?

Does it always default to the USA website initially and people then have to switch to the Australian website?

I wonder if that can lead to confusion for people who you send your referral link to?
When you click through from a referral link to configure your car it asks you to set your location/region so someone can refer to anyone in the world.

Mate, not sure I'd trust a brand new car/battery to give completely accurate readings and distance remaining estimates. The Battery Management System needs a few cycles to balance the batteries, learn your driving habits, etc. So yes, I'd spend a little quality time at that mid-point charger to remove all risk. But if you don't, and things go poorly, you Aussie's are incredibly friendly, so I expect you can always plug into some stranger's house and spend a an hour or getting to know them. You might pick up an extra case or two of VB (or whatever) to express your appreciation.

I'm looking forward to Transporters , Star Trek style. For that matter, replicators Stargate or Star Trek style. Makes more sense than building then transporting.
I think it will be a while until people will trust a Star Trek style transporters and even there for shorter distances they used vehicles, so getting a Model 3 now will not be made obsolete by those. Earth Final Conflict style gateways though might make ground transport obsolete at some point.
I would prefer Star Trek type replicators to the Stargate ones as the latter were somewhat hostile to all life forms.

Has anyone else who's getting external finance been told the insurance on the car has to start from the day they pay Tesla rather than the day you get the car? Trying to work out if they are being unreasonable or whether I should take the hit on 2 week unnecessary insurance...

Has anyone else who's getting external finance been told the insurance on the car has to start from the day they pay Tesla rather than the day you get the car? Trying to work out if they are being unreasonable or whether I should take the hit on 2 week unnecessary insurance...

just get an insurance policy from a different company, but cancel within the cooling off period. Then setup your real insurance for the day you pickup.

Reactions: kieranu
Tesla in Sydney told me over the weekend that they are operating 7 days per week till then end of quarter and they have "plenty of M3's arriving". Looked like they had about 30 in the Alexandria centre on Saturday being prepared...
Now, if only Melbourne could start delivering a few vehicles, or even start to contact customers who have been waiting patiently for 3.5 years.

I know it’s been discussed at length but I can’t find it in the size of the thread.
Can someone please let me know what I should buy for sentry mode? Whatever the best option is (within reason price wise...). Thanks!
Endurance SD card and a USB SD card adaptor is what you want. You can use an SSD but apparently the endurance SD cards are better suited for the constant write/rewrite that is taking place from Sentry mode.
The bigger size the better cause then there is less rewriting, but you've gotta factor in what you're comfortable paying I suppose. I got a 256gb SD card

This chart shows the Teslas imported since Dec 2014, with the 911 in August (mostly M3s)View attachment 455072
Interesting... what is the source of this data? RMS in NSW publishes statistics quarterly (around 6 weeks after the end of the quarter) which enables me to extract (1) how many BEVs are registered in NSW and (2) how many of those are Teslas. But I am not aware of any other state or territory in Australia which does that. NSW stats are free to access as well.

I know it’s been discussed at length but I can’t find it in the size of the thread.
Can someone please let me know what I should buy for sentry mode? Whatever the best option is (within reason price wise...). Thanks!
There're many options - some people are purchasing very large SSDs to also store music files as well as dash/sentry cam. And others are also purchasing USB hubs so that you don't lose a USB port.

I've got one of these - Formatted TeslaCam USB Drives, Tesla Videos, Tips & Tricks - Pure Tesla - the iPhone/iPad one. The new Tesla software will now overwrite old sentry cam files, so running out of space is no longer as much of a concern (the one I bought is still the 128 GB version, which I think should be more than enough). I also like the fact that it plugs straight into my Apple device - so I could use it to store other video as well if I wanted.

I guess it depends on how much storage space you want and how badly do you need two phone chargers at all times in the front.