Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What he said. There have been cases of the glass cracking from the heat buildup with certain types of film, so it isn't without risk. Honestly it's already quite dark and I see no need to tint mine.

Just to clarify this. I'm picking up my X next week and taking it straight to the window tinting place. I plan on tinting the front windows to 35% (darkest legal) and getting UV film for everywhere else to help stop excess heat. Is everybody saying the UV isn't necessary, and that it may cause cracking?

I would skip both of those and get the AliExpress one. Much cheaper, still good quality. Save yourself about $2-300

Jetcharge and EVSE are both a ripoff and buy their gear from China anyways, often from the same manufacturers. They say they "test" them but honestly these factories are TUV and UL and ISO certified. Not some rinky-dink backwoods place.

Cable:
US $106.08 15% OFF|16A 32A Three phase EV Cable Type 2 to Type 2 IEC62196 EV Charging Plug With 7 Meter cable TUV/UL EVSE CABLE-in Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

J1772 adaptor:

US $82.8 10% OFF|New SAE J1772 Charging Adapter for Electric Vehicle EV Car Charger Connector Type 1 and Type2-in Battery Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I notice the type 2 cable you linked says 16A 32A - does that mean 16A limit on 3 phase and 32A on single?

I see they have a "full" 32A cable, 5m for more:
Online Shop 32A Three phase EV Cable Type 2 to Type 2 IEC 62196-2 EV Charging Plug With 5 Meter cable TUV/UL Mennekes 2 Connector | Aliexpress Mobile

I notice the type 2 cable you linked says 16A 32A - does that mean 16A limit on 3 phase and 32A on single?

Online Shop 32A Three phase EV Cable Type 2 to Type 2 IEC 62196-2 EV Charging Plug With 5 Meter cable TUV/UL Mennekes 2 Connector | Aliexpress Mobile

I got the 32A 7m cable. There are multiple options on the same listing. If you use Cashback or shopback you can get another 5% off, or whatever the current rate is.

Considering our Model 3s are limited to 11kW, a 16A cable might be a reasonable choice. Of course, if you want to future-proof yourself, then go for the full 32A cable and then never worry about it again.

Considering our Model 3s are limited to 11kW, a 16A cable might be a reasonable choice. Of course, if you want to future-proof yourself, then go for the full 32A cable and then never worry about it again.
I would have thought for full future proofing you would need to go with 40-48A cable. If you are using a 3 phase power source then 16A will be plenty for the whole 11kw, however if you happen to have a single phase source then to draw full 11kw, you will need to draw constant 40A from it?

For anyone still waiting on an invoice I can confirm that the price on the invoice I received yesterday is the same as it was when I ordered in June, despite the price increase a few days ago.
Yes, the order agreement is a contract. They can't just change the price willy nilly, Price changes only apply to new orders.