Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the order agreement is a contract. They can't just change the price willy nilly, Price changes only apply to new orders.

That's interesting. On my order agreement it says

"The Total Price indicated on the Vehicle Configura-on is our es-mate of the drive away price of your vehicle. Because your delivery date is in the future and individual circumstances may vary, we are not able to determine the actual amount of these charges un-l closer to the -me of delivery and a3er we have confirmed delivery informa-on with you. The final Total Price will be presented to you on your Final Price Sheet as your delivery date nears."

Which seems to give them some wiggle room for things like currency fluctuations.

Woohoo invoice arrived.
Doesn’t say how many km on car etc. did everyone else’s show this ?

It has km's on my invoice as well.

It's been said before but probably worth saying again - be careful. Email is not secure and it could happen that someone could send an email which looks like it is from Tesla but with funds transfer numbers which are not for Tesla. Probably unlikely but possible.

Reactions: turbice and jontyh
I have just noticed a new Tesla registered to me on my 'mySA GOV' app - rego is dated to expire 16/9/20, so I guess it has been registered today ! All ready now for home delivery in Adelaide on Thursday.

Once I have the rego papers (in the glovebox upon delivery), will pop around to collect my custom plate to stick on - so the standard plates aren't going to see much daylight.

That's interesting. On my order agreement it says

"The Total Price indicated on the Vehicle Configura-on is our es-mate of the drive away price of your vehicle. Because your delivery date is in the future and individual circumstances may vary, we are not able to determine the actual amount of these charges un-l closer to the -me of delivery and a3er we have confirmed delivery informa-on with you. The final Total Price will be presented to you on your Final Price Sheet as your delivery date nears."

Which seems to give them some wiggle room for things like currency fluctuations.

It's more there to give them wiggle room on changes to government fees/charges, which they don't control. Like if rego costs suddenly doubled, Tesla is saying you'd be responsible for paying that. The base price of the vehicle is locked in when you place the order. Since they quoted the base price in AUD, currency fluctuations should be moot for anyone with an order already locked in.

Im pissed at tesla, half considering cancelling :/

I considered it very briefly, but at the end of the day, Tesla wouldn't give a crap, they'd sell it to someone else in seconds and I would have missed out on a great car. In short I'm buying it in spite of the service. I saw how somebody cancelled and ordered a model X instead, <sarcasm>that'll teach them</sarcasm> and I dare say it'll be longer before he gets it.

I'm certainly not going to be the advocate I was.

Why are you pissed?? I actually want to know and don't worry I'm not a Tesla apologist.

I tried calling them today as I have got to get some clarity regarding my expected delivery date. No answer. So I'm going to try again this afternoon.

Just shitty communication and unnecessary delays

My car was certified/wof'd on sept 6th.

A ship left POA Friday, my tesla account showed delivery date of 17th sept

I got a call yesterday from tesla saying CONGRATULATIONS! My car is ready to be sent from auckand. wtf.

didnt make it on ship Friday

released to transport co Monday.

No more ships until 28th Sept.

So the est for my car arriving in Lyttelton is 1st October.

Weeks after they said i would get it 2 months past when i sold my cars to prep because they estimated August.

2 months of car hire.

ITS TAKING THEM 16 DAMNED DAYS TO GET THE CAR FROM AUCKLAND TO CHRISTCHURCH.

any more delay and they will have to warrant it again!!!!

Im friken livid.

Im friken livid.

Wow, that whole experience sounds like a freaking nightmare, especially since you've paid for it already. The fact that you've sold your cars and have a hire car has got to be annoying. I would also be absolutely furious.

All I know is that they aren't winning over friends with this delivery strategy, so I've also become more annoying in contacting them. Maybe they need a bit more stress, a bit of motivation to actually get stuff done.

Same here. From what I see on the spreadsheet it seems that no Red/Black P3D+ have been delivered in Melbourne (unless I'm missing something). Maybe we'll all get them all at once, some day soon... Soooooon
Noticed the same on the spreadsheet.

I sent an email to melbournedelivery last week. It usually takes time 3 days to reply to me. I will give them another day till tomorrow, then I'll call. I will be on oversea late October. So ... soon would be good.

@Vedaprime what does this mean to Melbourne? Cars will be transported from Sydney to Melbourne?

I am waiting for Red/Black P3D+, no VIN, no call, no invoice. April 4th 2016 reservation.

Yes. There are all centrally processed in a Western Sydney for logistics at Autonexus, and then transported to Melbourne via Carways as the vehicle transporter.

## SPREADSHEET REMINDER ##

Hi all,

With all the updates lately, this is just a friendly reminder to update your entry in the spreadsheet.
If you haven't got your link any more and need a copy, please start a conversation (slide into my DM's by clicking on my display picture and then clicking 'Start Conversation'), and provide your timestamp and I'll get you your edit link.

Spreadsheet is here, for your timestamp (please copy and past the timestamp as I need the whole thing):
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

If you want any duplicate entries removed, or have cancelled your order, please also provide the timestamp of those entries as well and I can remove those pretty simply now as well.

Thanks everyone, all the best for your delivery dates, and I know there is quite a lot of annoyance around Tesla lately, myself included.
We just need to remember, when we finally get our cars, the pain we experience now will be forgotten.
I haven't heard one person yet say that they are upset with their car after they've received it.
Even those who say they thought they'd be let down because they had researched the car too much in the time they've been waiting are still saying they have had their expectations exceeded.

Hang in there, we've waited this long, we can make it through the next few weeks, we are strong!
Don't let $TSLAQ prove that we are weak. We are NOT WEAK!

I have ordered the same configuration and still no vin and no call.
AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

You can check the spreadsheet here.

There is a link in my signature as well, that will allow you to share your details, then when you get your information you can use the link you'll get at the end (read the instructions on which link to save), to help others to see information too.

All the best!

Reactions: Anubis