Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah getting rid of car before car arrival probably wasn't best move, what is your criteria for estimated when it comes to delivery when backed from reassurances from ill-informed local staff also saying "nah, will definitely be here in August"?

Plus or minus 6 months?

I don't recommend doing anything until you have a confirmed delivery date and an invoice..

I've got that so I think there is 90% chance it will be delivered on that day, I have allowed for the 10% as best I can.

I know it is tricky, but that is just how it is with Tesla, our cars were made in the factory in July, it takes this long to get them here, and Tesla wants to deliver as many as possible before the end of quarter, so delivery staff are very busy and customers have been waiting a long time.

There is no quick fix, overtime they will smooth out the process, but cars coming out of a single factory for delivery worldwide, in a single quarter is challenging.

just looked you up on the spreadsheet. You skipped the VIN part and went straight to the delivery call.

If you spreadsheet info is up-to-date, this gives me hope. But I can't have any hope. Hope makes this wait unbearable.

Correct. Unfortunately no I haven't updated the spreadsheet.

I got a hidden VIN about a month ago now.
Delivery phone call 2 weeks ago.
Invoice last week.
Pick up phoelne call today.

SR+
Black
Richmond pickup. (1.5 hours from my house)

Reactions: TASKA9
I think you guys are not taking into account that potentially the capital tied up in an existing vehicle might be required to finance part or all of the model 3 on order.

My situation was that I had to sell my car with a asking price in excess of $40k, in my experience it can be difficult finding a buyer at the higher prices and in short time period - hence the need to list the vehicle for sale early with expectation of the impending arrival of the ordered model 3. I didn't want to sell my car early but then I couldn't turn away a genuine buyer who was willing to pay my asking price.

Why would you order those when you could have got a P- for the same price? I don't get it.
In hindsight I should have but at the time didn't want to spend that much on a car. Only later i realised the "premium interior" had most of the things i wanted and LRAWD was the only option at that time.

I also have battery anxiety with almost everything i own so wanted the LR part.

In hindsight I should have but at the time didn't want to spend that much on a car. Only later i realised the "premium interior" had most of the things i wanted and LRAWD was the only option at that time.

I also have battery anxiety with almost everything i own so wanted the LR part.
Fair enough mate. I am not immune to the "WAY too much...a bit too much....oh oh.....OK" disease when it comes to Teslas!

Why would you order those when you could have got a P- for the same price? I don't get it.
For me, I started with the P+, because didn't like the look of the Aero wheels. But when the LR became available, the worry about the low-profile tyres, lack of any need for the extra accel., realization that the aero covers remove to show some not too bad mags and the extra range tipped it in favour of the LR AWD. Still happy to wait.

That is same as my config (SR+ with MSM). I had a reservation from Jan 2018 and put my order in on 26th August and have delivery scheduled for 30 Sept, so 5 weeks from order to delivery for me. Looks like Brisbane is well supplied with the SR+ models and has a reasonably fast order to delivery currently.
Could be some surplus SR+ models because of people upgrading or modifying their orders.
That is the same config as mine. Brisbane, reservation July 2018, ordered 31/05/19, VIN but no delivery date. If I get it by mid October I will be happy. If you get yours before me @bigbones , I will be paying them a visit o_O

• Funny
Reactions: HighlyCharged
Here we have a clear display of how Forum like this can get out of control. Don’t be like this.
So I'll just sum up the responses to my post: "Fantastic car, greatest I've ever owned, but delivery was crap, so I'm never buying one again and I don't recommend you do either". Love it. Oh well, good luck with your future car purchases and service from the "established" car manufacturers.
And here, ladies, gentlemen, and distinguished others, we have a classic strawman argument. Notice the way that this comment doesn’t actually quote anyone; instead, it makes up a statement that was never actually made by anybody, and then attacks it. It’s a standard diversionary tactic when an individual can’t actually respond to the substance of the argument - so they make up an argument that is easier for them to rebut and rebut it, in the hope that nobody will notice their intellectual dishonesty.

It’s a clear indication that the poster is emotionally invested in the subject, to a level that is grossly disproportionate, and is incapable of understanding nuanced criticism of the company’s failures, never mind think on ways that they might improve in the future. This is, in fact, a display of a more general malaise within society: an inability to consider views and thoughts that dare to contradict their own.

I suspect your experience with Tesla depends somewhat in where your location is and which Tesla shop deals with you. You appear to be from Melbourne and most reports from there appear to say the communication is non existent or abysmal and the experience is lacking. I am in Gold Coast and dealing with Brisbane office has been rather pleasant so far. I have not had to chase them on anything yet. They have been calling and contacting me with information and updates and it appears I might be getting my car only 5 weeks after I placed the order (if they stick to their delivery appointment they have given me.) So far I have nothing to complain about my experience with them. I suspect there may be some locations that are more overwhelmed than others. Much of the complaints that I have seen come from a select few people, so I suspect in overall experience over 90% of the customers are not having as bad an experience as you are having. Tesla has so far over half a million customers across the world and if there are a few thousand loud ones on the internet complaining it would make it appear that the experience is horrible, where there are many times more people happy with their experience but just not as loud about it. So I would like to add my voice to the happy customer bucket so far :)
I am waiting on the same config as you have in Brisbane and have not had the same experience. I am in the negative experience camp with no delivery date and no indication of when it might come.

Has anyone seen any confirmation on where the E-tag should be put on a model 3? The US manual says it should be on the right hand side of the mirror so it minimises blocking the drivers view, which would imply that in our market, it goes on the left side of the mirror, but not sure. It doesnt seem to beep when on the dashboard, so I am thinking it needs to be in a specific spot.