Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can people who have paid for their cars please check their source code for me? I paid mine in full via bank transfer and have the following in source code-

"amountDueAtDeliveryVal":89.55,"amountDueAtDelivery":"$89.55","currentAmountDueAtDelivery":89.55,"salesTax":"$89.55"

I’ve triple checked I paid the correct amount as per invoice.
I have ‘delivery paranoia’ that they will delay my delivery because it will appear I haven’t paid in full!

Hey guys scheduled to pick up in Richmond... I was scheduled to pick up mine tomorrow in Richmond.

I received a call from Tesla today... and was thinking a delay of my delivery again.

Surprisingly, they told me I can pick up the car anytime today and I did!

After I took it home, I realised my comprehensive car insurance starts tomorrow!

The car is great as others mentioned before and I don't waste your bandwidth here.

mate, can you share the car details (SR+ white?) and order dates? Thanks.

If I'm on autopilot (AP1) and there are lane lines next to me, and I indicate, it will change lanes for me. A dotted blue line comes up on the side it's changing over to. I have to click the stalk in fully, a flick doesn't do anything.

I tried that on my model 3.

It did change lane but disengaged auto-steer and switched to traffic aware cruise control after lane changed. The steering wheel icon changed to grey.

Is that an expected behaviour? I checked the manual but found nothing.

Has anyone seen any confirmation on where the E-tag should be put on a model 3? The US manual says it should be on the right hand side of the mirror so it minimises blocking the drivers view, which would imply that in our market, it goes on the left side of the mirror, but not sure. It doesnt seem to beep when on the dashboard, so I am thinking it needs to be in a specific spot.
Doesn't matter now, the windscreen no longer has the metallic film that used to block RF signals in the original Model S. So just stick it left of the mirror (out of sight).

Roddy54 they didn't admit to it, they hid the software tampering a second time. I have a VW Touareg and my partner a VW Multivan, I had a CC before this. All three were new from purchase all three less than 4 years old have broken down or had major faults. Oil leak on the Treg, Gear box issue with multi van and battery died after one year on the CC. The wipers on the Treg are failing, the side mirrors no longer fold and the hill hold will need replacing. I will not buy another VW, I am waiting on the Pick up reveal and then making a decision. There are forums listing the many many issues with VW and they are also bastards to deal with getting things fixed under warranty.

I have had VWs for 19 years apart from one year with a Mazda SP25. In 2011. Never again for Mazda. Locked out of it 4 times. Electrical issues that they could not resolve. Had it 12 months. Took a bath and back to VW. Have had one power window failure in original Bora (fixed under warranty) and the infamous gearbox/clutch issue in Golf about 3 1/2 years ago - 18 months out of warranty but fully (as it should be) fixed/covered without argument. Yep, 2 issue in 18 years of ownership. That'll do me.

A quick Google:

Subaru - Mileage scam 2017/8
Toyota - misleading Safety claims 2010-14
Nissan Emission scandal 2018
Mercedes, BMW - Emissions falsely measured . 2017
Tesla - well, Musk - sued by SEC for, shock/horror, falsely saying he's taking Tesla Public. Completely made up. 2018-19
Ford/Honda/Mazda - Diesel Emissions misleading readings 2014-2015

No-one is squeaky clean, they ARE ALL businesses after all. But no-one really can claim a moral high ground.

And I am STILL interested in the M3 Tesla AND the VW ID3. But the quality of the M3's being delivered seems pretty damn oridinary for a >$70k car. Can people really argue that? Really?

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq and Hagrid
I think you guys are not taking into account that potentially the capital tied up in an existing vehicle might be required to finance part or all of the model 3 on order.

My situation was that I had to sell my car with a asking price in excess of $40k, in my experience it can be difficult finding a buyer at the higher prices and in short time period - hence the need to list the vehicle for sale early with expectation of the impending arrival of the ordered model 3. I didn't want to sell my car early but then I couldn't turn away a genuine buyer who was willing to pay my asking price.

That is tricky, in this case you made the right decision..

It will be a made rush until the end of September, so if you don't have a delivery slot .... it is going to be tough to get one...

I hope you get lucky...

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Can people who have paid for their cars please check their source code for me? I paid mine in full via bank transfer and have the following in source code-

"amountDueAtDeliveryVal":89.55,"amountDueAtDelivery":"$89.55","currentAmountDueAtDelivery":89.55,"salesTax":"$89.55"

I have ‘delivery paranoia’ that they will delay my delivery because it will appear I haven’t paid in full!

I noticed this as well when I checked the source code this morning. In my case it was showing $95.46 as the amount due at delivery. Being certain that I paid the full amount as indicated on the emailed invoice, I added back all of the amounts including the $95.46 and I found the higher total at the "totalCashPrice" reference.

The salesTax note also threw me off, and I even doubled checked to see whether the LCT thresholds had changed between now and when I ordered. No LCT applies to the SR+ so that shouldn't be it either.

I don't know what the difference is, but as far as I am concerned I've paid off the invoice.

• Informative
Reactions: HPSOV
Has anyone seen any confirmation on where the E-tag should be put on a model 3? The US manual says it should be on the right hand side of the mirror so it minimises blocking the drivers view, which would imply that in our market, it goes on the left side of the mirror, but not sure. It doesnt seem to beep when on the dashboard, so I am thinking it needs to be in a specific spot.
I presumed it would still be in the right hand side thinking that the US manual would have those sorts of details just specific to LHD markets. Several others in this forum have mentioned that while they do have tags mounted they never beep. Instead they avoid extra plate reading feed by telling the toll companies that they have fully metallised windscreens and that seems to sort the matter out.

I presumed it would still be in the right hand side thinking that the US manual would have those sorts of details just specific to LHD markets. Several others in this forum have mentioned that while they do have tags mounted they never beep. Instead they avoid extra plate reading feed by telling the toll companies that they have fully metallised windscreens and that seems to sort the matter out.
On the Model S the gap in the metallic film was moved to the LH side. That’s where my Toll Pass is located and it works fine.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Moderators Note
I can see that a number of members are becoming a little heated in their language.
I have deleted one post for patently ribald content and have publicly warned others.
It would be easier for me to just temporarily ban a user any time they post something inappropriate but I am keen to keep the discussion flowing but only if people are courteous and respectful.
If it becomes too big a burden this thread will start to look like pieces have been chopped out of it and some users can find themselves unable to join in the discussion for a while or forever.
Please keep this in mind, I might change tack at any moment.

I have exactly the same as you.
In the source you can see the "totalCashPrice" is incorrect when compared to your invoice by roughly that due amount.
Worst case scenario is I can pay that on the day with credit card. I don't believe I owe it though, same as you.

• Informative
Reactions: HPSOV
While I was doing demo drives around Mosman park today, I saw the same delivery truck that delivered mine with two model 3's on (pretty sure a blue and a grey but only saw it for a second, my neighbour also saw a delivery truck in the same area approx the same time and thinks it was a blue and a white. Since my area is Booragoon seems quite a fluke unless there are a lot of deliveries going on. So for Perth, that is at least 5 confirmed deliveries as of today...but could be 7.

While I was doing demo drives around Mosman park today, I saw the same delivery truck that delivered mine with two model 3's on (pretty sure a blue and a grey but only saw it for a second, my neighbour also saw a delivery truck in the same area approx the same time and thinks it was a blue and a white. Since my area is Booragoon seems quite a fluke unless there are a lot of deliveries going on. So for Perth, that is at least 5 confirmed deliveries as of today...but could be 7.
Great news for Perth, New Zealand has just passed the 200 mark for Model 3 sales