Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Vedaprime
Model 3 SR+ White
VIN
5YJ3F7EA1KF4627XX

27/9 pick up booked for Alexandria . Vin matched the hidden VIN which is from the Brotonne.
Built and compliance date is 07/08/2019
Not sure if you want to add this to your data?

Thanks for this. There was a second production day. You car was in this group, and missed Brotonne. It made it on to ANL Warrnambool, arriving Sep 13

This is MANDATORY VIEWING for anyone considering ordering a Tesla. Excellent video . I have some friends who ordered without knowing this and are fairly unhappy with the Tesla “buying experience” to say the least. Interesting to see the very exact issues we’re dealing with here are happening in the USA as well! So Cleary their processes are f$@@&d worldwide!

I hope things improve as I don’t know if the average Joe potentially buying one in 2-3 years time will be happy to rebuy again.

With that build date, it makes it on Melina. It can’t be earlier. It isn’t in the country yet.

The system is bizarre. I am 7 days from delivery. No invoice. Car has been in country since August 16.

Hey Veda ( and friends). I have been lurking here and laughing at you lot ranting away for some weeks. Chillax already. Whenever I start to stress about delivery I come here to read about all the first world problems and I feel relatively normal. I almost feel sorry for the under the pump Tesla delivery team having to deal with you lot. It’s only a flipping car.

I am also a 27th September AM induced Tesla birth in Brisbane. Red P- , thought I was a Capricorn but now guessing I might be a split VIN series Warrnamboolian. Obstetrician’s assistant is yet to send through the paper work. At least I got the call from the midwife(?) last Friday and got to choose a time slot (I went early). I am quietly confident that paperwork will turn up tomorrow ( Global climate strike Friday) or Monday if all the Tesla staff are too busy marching and chanting slogans on Friday.. Tesla need money before the quarter is up and we are willing to donate. If it doesn’t happen I think they will be almost as disappointed as you are.

The UMC comes with standard Australian 10A and 15A tails. You get a HPWC with 7m cable that can charge up to 22kW, although this is limited to 11kW on the Model 3. you will need at least a 20A 3 phase circuit to get the most out of it.

The UMC does not support 3 phase, you only get 1 phase.

OK, was expecting delivery today in Adelaide at 11am.

So, just out of shower at 7.40am and call from 'Steve' - "Mate, I'm on my way to deliver your new car, your Tesla, should be there by 8.20". I say 'Cool'. I think "Oh my God, oh my God" - start running around the house, unable to think straight.

So, at 8.16am, Steve turns up with flatbed truck and shiny new white P3-. Steve is gone by 8.23am, after I sign delivery paper. He said he was delivering 4 cars today, and I am the first in Adelaide, at least today if not actually (I will be happy to see lots and lots on the road) .

I can't see anything wrong with it, but that may be out of excitement. I haven't been able to turn my phone into a key yet, but google suggests Delivery people need to tick off delivery on their end first. I was sure I was going to dislike the aeros, but they are better in real life, as others have suggested - anyway, I've taken them off and put the hub covers etc I bought on - car does look sporty.

This car is just amazing. It feels quite different to the Model S, but I'm getting used to it quite quickly. I think the smaller size overall (it feels spacious inside) suits me better, but that's just a personal thing. Been to Motor Rego and now have my new custom plates on.

Anyway, here is Hi Five Ghost (previous car was Mordecai) :
View attachment 456494 View attachment 456502

That's pretty quick. How does the car inspection work for the flatbed deliveries? The car will be dusty etc, so it is hard to inspect paint work and you don't want to waste the delivery drivers time either for an hour while checking the car?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Hey Folks - silly question. I was just looking at Cap Capricorn's movements after it hit Botany Bay on Aug 16th. It then was in Melbourne on Aug 20th and Adelaide on 24th.

CAP CAPRICORN - Container Ship (IMO: 9649835, MMSI: 636015660) | MyShipTracking

Reason I'm puzzled is we've all been thinking ALL the Tesla's were offloaded in Sydney. But wouldn't it have been more sensible for them to offload Melb cars in Melb and Adelaide cars in Adelaide.

I'm just saying - has an assumption been made and we're missing some ship/car spotting elsewhere?

Got the call 2 days ago and invoices today.
Pick up in Richmond 27th September.
Sr+ pearl white
Build date 8/8/19
Vin 4987xx
I thought ANL Warrnambool but that left on the 8/8/19 so not sure. If it did make the ship not sure it would have got much of a QA check on the way out the door.
Spreadsheet updated

If the delivery date holds true I won't have a chance to get my HPWC installed before work the following week which is going to be interesting with a 230km round trip commute (Geelong to Dandenong) .

Reactions: TaylorP
That's pretty quick. How does the car inspection work for the flatbed deliveries? The car will be dusty etc, so it is hard to inspect paint work and you don't want to waste the delivery drivers time either for an hour while checking the car?

Well, I specifically spoke to the Flatbed Truck driver about the whole inspection thing. He definitely offered for me to check the vehicle over, but we were sitting out in my street potentially holding up passing cars - a few around at that hour of the day (8.20). So, the car is on ground level on the street, ie off the truck, and I had a look for anything obvious, but no evidence of that. And I said to him 'What am I going to do, ask you to put it back on the truck and take it away, if I see something ?'

Today was actually a dust storm day in Adelaide, but the car came to me quite clean - not showroom driveaway clean, but I am guessing it was clean when they left the AutoNexus depot.

My thinking was that I would have a closer look in my own time in my driveway and make note then. But it all looks pretty good to me.

I've driven about 100 kms, and no evidence of brake fluid issue, although I watched the UK video in this thread a few pages back on how to check. If it comes up, I'll buy some fluid and top it up.

Biggest issue was getting the damn stickers off the windscreen; and then convincing the App to recognise the car - I needed to delete the App from all devices because it only came up with my old Tesla (sold about 10 days ago - not yet transferred to the new owners by Tesla) and our Powerwall2. Also, needed to wait until Tesla fixed my online account, which puts the VIN on the front page and removes the Reservation Number. Reinstalling the App makes the expected process work with Keycard confirmation etc like the videos.

No sign of referral supercharger credit, but I'll live - maybe that will turn up some time.

So, as of tonight, despite the lack of having a Delivery Centre handover, all is well with Hi Five Ghost. What a great car ! All family members like it (much more than Model S it seems). Amazing sound system is a huge hit.

Why not meet somewhere away from the Supercharger?
Because anyone commuting long distance could get caught out trying to get home if locals clog it up
I'd imagine reasonable people would make way for a long distance commuter if charge bay occupation got over say 50%.

I'm keen to meet up but in a way don't want to ruin the anticipation of mine arriving a week after - maybe I'm crazy.

Perhaps 20M down the road in the bunnings car park facing the McDonalds would be appropriate.
Maybe this might become a regular sunday afternoon jaunt? If so, hope to see you all at the next one!

Reactions: ICUDoc
Delivery here in Perth was scheduled for today at 2pm (4pm on the account). Got the call from the car transport at about 11am saying car would be delivered between 12:30-1:30. Car was delivered at 1:15pm. Took less that 5 minutes to offload from the flat bed. A few minor defects like a dent in the rear, a paint chip and one paint defect, driver side door panels not matching and what looks like sound proofing hanging out the bottom on both sides...but nothing major and nothing that can't be fixed easily. Other than that the car is awesome and way exceeded expectations., the acceleration is something else. Attracted lots of attention. Someone else that has ordered a model 3 spotted me from 500m away doing laps around the block and hobbled on his dodgy knee to come for a chat. Since I have actually got the car, if other Perth folks want to come for a look, I have been asked to bring it to the Mosman Park Men's shed at 3pm tomorrow for a 1hr look over. At 4pm the AEVA secretary will give a presentation on batteries which I am sure anyone is welcome to attend if interested. I've got other commitments so not going to hang around much after 4pm. Will upload a quick video of the delivery shortly.
Have you got an estimated date yet? So far all deliveries from Autonexus seem to have been P3D+. One owner is saying he is going to get a P3D- tomorrow.
White P3D+ tomorrow!!! Have a Registration at DOTWA, delivery company has called to confirm location and time and all good to go.