Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an unhappy call from Tesla today.

"Due to unforseen circumstances, my vehicle will not be able to be picked up until October 21st".
They don't know what the unforseen circumstances are, they were just given a list to call and push back.

Fml I was picking it up on 30th September!!!

Not the call I was hoping to get after seeing everyone picking their cars up early after being brought forward!
What kind of unforeseen circumstance is that? Did the car develop its own conscience and drive away into the sunset?
1_ztNqxH_f0IvwdrkyouhoFw.jpg

"Due to unforseen circumstances, my vehicle will not be able to be picked up until October 21st".
They don't know what the unforseen circumstances are, they were just given a list to call and push back.

Not the call I was hoping to get after seeing everyone picking their cars up early after being brought forward!

Sorry to hear. That is indeed awful and hopefully it gets resolved earlier.

I emailed AU delivery team about 3 weeks ago. No response. Visited showroom in Brisbane. Morris said he would follow up. Got a response later that day (Saturday. Thanks Morris!). No real useful info, but may be helpful to other white interior #vinless people. The last line makes the process feel a little more ad-hoc than I would like.

Hi Jason,

As you might imagine we have a very high number of vehicles to deliver at the moment as we push to fill the orders of as many reservation holders as we can before the end of the quarter.

We will contact you as soon as a vehicle matching your specifications becomes available.

Kind Regards,

Ashton Reading | Delivery Assistant

1062 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006

e. [email protected]

Fingers crossed it happens sooner than later..hang in there..We want you to get your hands on that car!

Reactions: TaylorP
Well the problem here in Australia is that there is no on street charging infrastructure being deployed. So the large part of population that lives in apartments that do not have garages or off-street parking options do not have any charging options at home. In UK they have solved that problem by putting charge points on street light poles and street parking spots, but we have nothing like that planned. So for a large part of the population the only option is the superchargers and destination chargers. Since destination chargers take a really long time, then if you are not located for longer periods near those, your only option is superchargers. I know there are nowhere near enough superchargers here now, but since the quantity of Tesla vehicles is explosively expanding, they will need to expand the supercharger network accordingly to be able to cope with the extra load at least until our local infrastructure starts getting built.
Completely agree, but Tesla simply will never have the time or resources to build superchargers for everyday charging. On-street charging in time is certainly where we are headed. But for Maveric74 to assume that superchargers are for his everyday charging because it is convenient and he doesn't have a garage, is for me just selfish. He doesn't agree but he has had a Tesla for just a week or so - there will be times when he/ all of us need to charge, and chargers will be occupied for hours. From experience, even the very first time you spend 30 minutes sitting and waiting for chargers you will change your mind.

Completely agree, but Tesla simply will never have the time or resources to build superchargers for everyday charging. On-street charging in time is certainly where we are headed. But for Maveric74 to assume that superchargers are for his everyday charging because it is convenient and he doesn't have a garage, is for me just selfish. He doesn't agree but he has had a Tesla for just a week or so - there will be times when he/ all of us need to charge, and chargers will be occupied for hours. From experience, even the very first time you spend 30 minutes sitting and waiting for chargers you will change your mind.

@Damo11 Actually you are the one assuming, not me. When did I say that I will use the supercharger for everyday charging? Go back on my posts and point that out to me. You can't. Because you just assumed it. I understand that other people have more pressing needs for the supercharger. And I have used it once at 9:30pm on a Sunday night when there were multiple free charging bays available. After 45 mins, I unhooked and left at 90% charge. I'm not sure what the issue is. In fact, I went there on Sat night to try it out for the first time as my wife had to drive long distance the next morning and all the bays were full. I waited for a while but then left and charged at Melbourne Museum and paid for the parking charges and used the free charging available. Took me close to 4 hours but that is fine. And if I need to use the supercharger if I am in the vicinity of Richmond, I will let you know with plenty of notice? Then you could get there before me and take up the charging bay so I don't look selfish and you can be satisfied?

I assume you have not heard of Suburban Superchargers?
Also, I suggest you quit carrying on like a lunatic.

I assume you have not heard of Suburban Superchargers?
Also, I suggest you quit carrying on like a lunatic.
Yeah, problem seems to be if anything bought super expensive electric car thinking can rely on free Supercharger network. If don't have access to Supercharger because they're busy is someone else's fault, not Tesla's fault for not putting in enough when they were launching a new car that would at least double number of Tesla's on the road, cos it's NEVER Tesla's problem. There are times in Perth at least where if you're so inclined you could be waiting half an hour to fill up on petrol and there are petrol stations everywhere.

Be thankful you have access to a Supercharger unlike say the most populous part of WA.

Reactions: sczsimos
Yeah, problem seems to be if anything bought super expensive electric car thinking can rely on free Supercharger network. If don't have access to Supercharger because they're busy is someone else's fault, not Tesla's fault for not putting in enough when they were launching a new car that would at least double number of Tesla's on the road, cos it's NEVER Tesla's problem. There are times in Perth at least where if you're so inclined you could be waiting half an hour to fill up on petrol and there are petrol stations everywhere.

Be thankful you have access to a Supercharger unlike say the most populous part of WA.
When I purchased my car, the nearest Supercharger was 1000km away and the nearest destination charger (other than in someone's home) was 600 km away and third party chargers didn't exist; so, unless you planned ahead....
IMG_3706.JPG

so, please don't complain.

When I purchased my car, the nearest Supercharger was 1000km away and the nearest destination charger (other than in someone's home) was 600 km away and third party chargers didn't exist; so, unless you planned ahead....
View attachment 458060

so, please don't complain.
Not complaining at all, just elucidating on your response to Damo11, I'm not buying the car expecting to rely on a Supercharger. I'm fortunate enough to have a garage and there is now a DC charger halfway between me and Albany so all good.

And yes, having a proper roadside membership with RACWA just in case :)

W
T
F

Really sorry to hear that mate. It sounds like they've bumped you to a car that's either on the Melina or the next ship given the delay. Perhaps the car allocated had a problem and they couldn't deliver it.
"unforseen" is not a word Tesla should be using to describe these situations...

@Vedaprime

White interior P3D+ delivery Thursday. Confirmation from Tesla, the car was processed today *unloaded from the container* from the port and confirmed ready for delivery. 517 VIN with build date of 14/8. They must be literally hammering them through.

No res. Initial order in June. Changed order in July.

It really confirms ANL Warrnambool with that build date 14/8 (just as I have seen from others) but with a pickup point as Long Beach rather than Oakland Aug 18-20. (This is likely the only time we will see this)

It wouldn’t be on Melina.

W
T
F

Really sorry to hear that mate. It sounds like they've bumped you to a car that's either on the Melina or the next ship given the delay. Perhaps the car allocated had a problem and they couldn't deliver it.
"unforseen" is not a word Tesla should be using to describe these situations...
Thanks mate,
The VIN number is still the same in my source code so I have no idea what's happening, to be honest.

Just wish they'd get their but in to gear and fix it up.

They've also messed up the final invoice twice now too, the first one didn't have any finance information and they quoted me for the whole price of the vehicle, the second one had my deposit amount as the amount that finance was paying and then quoted me for the amount finance was meant to have already paid.

My financier contacted me and was confused as to what they were doing until I told her how messed up it all was, and she said don't worry I'll contact the manager who is more finance oriented and sort it all out.
Honestly, my financier (Abigail) has a heart of gold! She's a bright light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

I'm close to blowing my top with Tesla, hey!
I've been managing to keep my cool but I was very firm and stern on the phone with them today when they said it was being pushed back a month. I made sure they knew I wasn't impressed one but.

Thanks Barnaby, I appreciate it.

They said they'll look for opportunities to bring the date forward, so I'm hoping as some point I'll get a better call.

Just hoping it's not due to an issue they've found with the car or something, I don't want a lemon!

so sorry to hear.

batterygate2 - who knows. Could be anything.

There does seem to be a complete reluctance to switch vins once you have been assigned to keep some type of priority list in order.

It would be better if you were reassigned

Otherwise it looks like a wait - like batterygate1 - pushed back 3-4 weeks also.

They've also messed up the final invoice twice now too, the first one didn't have any finance information and they quoted me for the whole price of the vehicle, the second one had my deposit amount as the amount that finance was paying and then quoted me for the amount finance was meant to have already paid.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I did this exact thing today! The invoice is super not clear about which bit is coming from finance and which bit you personally are on the hook for. I transferred what I thought was the correct amount, and ... it wasn't. :(

Here's hoping Tesla can refund me the difference...

so sorry to hear.

batterygate2 - who knows. Could be anything.

There does seem to be a complete reluctance to switch vins once you have been assigned to keep some type of priority list in order.

Otherwise it looks like a wait - like batterygate1 - pushed back 3-4 weeks also.
Thanks mate,

Yer who knows, I certainly don't. Nor did the delivery advisor which worries me a bit.

Just hoping to hell they bring it forward again.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I did this exact thing today! The invoice is super not clear about which bit is coming from finance and which bit you personally are on the hook for. I transferred what I thought was the correct amount, and ... it wasn't. :(

Here's hoping Tesla can refund me the difference...
Well legally I would think they have to.
But if they can't tell which part I'm paying and which part finance is paying...it'll be a matter of whether they can tell which part to refund.

Best of luck!