Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my invoice didn't have a rego listed. NSW RMS allows you to search online based on a number plate and returns the make/model/colour and last 4 of the VIN. Knowing the recent deliveries are in the range EDH10A to EDH21Z, I decided to go hunting.

Didn't find mine, but if anyone wants a CSV file of 150 NSW-registered Model 3's, hit me up.

Melbourne, late delivery call. Postponed from 26sep19 to 29sep19 :(

Hi,
I am an early day one reservation holder.
I was all paid up and ready to attend my delivery appointment this Thursday (just in time for the long weekend:D). However I just got a call that my car will be late! Another 3 or 4 days! "The truck from Sydney is having issues". Mine is a Blue LR Performance (P3D) with white seats.

Interestingly I also went past the Richmond Showroom today and noticed that there were only a handful of Models 3s out the back and none had white seats. So I have 2.5 questions:

1. Has anyone taken delivery of a white seat Model 3 Performance yet in Australia?
2. Has anyone else had this call about late delivery and what was the excuses?

Cheers
1. Yes. A white/white was seen with NSW plates (not a demo car)
2. If you go back in the last 4 or 5 pages a number of people have received calls, who had deliveries booked for September delaying their deliveries. Excuses range from "truck trouble" to "unforseen circumstances" to "it's in the back of the boat so we couldn't get it out on time"

I'm waiting for the same car as you although I'm a late reservation so not expecting anything now.

Reactions: kieranu
So, just had a call from Tesla. Had a confirmed delivery date of this Friday - has now been delayed to the 14th of October. Very annoying and hard to understand how they could have gotten it so wrong so close to the delivery date (which had already been pushed back from Monday).... So now I have to re-organise a hire car, change my insurance dates, get the finance company to stop the payment, and re-schedule the electricians etc... apparently the car (and others) got delivered to Sydney in error - sounds very similar to the Perth delivery delay story I got when they re-scheduled from Monday to Friday. Has taken a bit of the excitement away from the whole experience unfortunately... :(
That's rediculous

How much did you charge in kW? I am trying to figure out how they calculate the 1500km ? Is it based on a nominal consumption?

90c / price 41.5c = 2.17kw. referral range deducted 8km thus they're working on roughly 270wh/km

seems skewed in their favour for a 3 - more in line with an X. There's probably some fuzziness in there since it was such a short charge would need a longer charge to calculate more accurately.

I finally managed to get an invoice after I sent an email asking for it (7 days since call).

Now how about registration, do I need to beg for that too?
So, just had a call from Tesla. Had a confirmed delivery date of this Friday - has now been delayed to the 14th of October. Very annoying and hard to understand how they could have gotten it so wrong so close to the delivery date (which had already been pushed back from Monday).... So now I have to re-organise a hire car, change my insurance dates, get the finance company to stop the payment, and re-schedule the electricians etc... apparently the car (and others) got delivered to Sydney in error - sounds very similar to the Perth delivery delay story I got when they re-scheduled from Monday to Friday. Has taken a bit of the excitement away from the whole experience unfortunately... :(

hang in there..on the home straight now. Hope they resolve it for you sooner

I just picked up my white MP3+ from Sydney Alexandria. Very quick intro by team. Car looks good but it was dark when I picked it up.
My car had 53km on it already at delivery...

Does that sound right to everyone else... invoice said 3km...

That’s quite a lot of difference.

Anyway car is amazing, I just have no idea how it all works yet

Shuffling the cars around in Fremont. Shuffling the cars around the dock lot at Oakland. Shuffling the cars around the paddock in Sydney. Plus if they replaced the battery and had to do anything with brakes (the brake fluid thing) they would have had to test drive it. So I don't think 53km is unreasonable given the circumstances.

Reactions: TaylorP and kieranu
Shuffling the cars around in Fremont. Shuffling the cars around the dock lot at Oakland. Shuffling the cars around the paddock in Sydney. Plus if they replaced the battery and had to do anything with brakes (the brake fluid thing) they would have had to test drive it. So I don't think 53km is unreasonable given the circumstances.

Great thanks so much. I completely forgot to ask about the brake fluid thing.

Can’t wait to really enjoy the car!

Reactions: TaylorP
Ah, that explains why I don't have any news on my car, the Melbourne staff are too busy dealing with Sydney deliveries.

Still VINLESS and over 3 weeks since I have heard anything from Tesla.

How many blue P3D+ with black interiors have been delivered? I am starting to feel like the just neglected to order any, and it will be months before they get to this variant. Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm feelin your pain...I too am a P3D+ FSD WHITE/BLACK.....No VIN and no calls...…..starting to lose faith

I was expecting delivery 26th at Richmond too. This morning Jess at Melbourne Delivery looked up my car (Blue SR+) and said "Right now it's in Canberra"

I wonder if that's where the 'truck with issues' went.

Who knows. 'its in canberra' was the only totally conclusive thing I've heard in a while.
That's AMAZING...They actually know where your car is????…..

That's AMAZING...They actually know where your car is????…..

Only took her about a minute to find it when I gave her then RN number.

Given they're on car carriers they have to be readily drivable so I presume the computer/lte connection is actually on and working so Tesla can probably see these little clusters of 10/12 Tesla's darting around the country on the maps :)

Would be funny if they could give us access in the App to watch our car's progress eh! But then we could get up to all sorts of shenanigans like flashing the lights, honking the horns etc etc. completely freak out the poor truck driver.

CBBC9EE4-AB8E-4163-8B9F-5CDFBC1C6DA8.png 0E750AFD-D746-44B4-9B39-A1AABF2CADFB.jpeg
So this just happened..I posted a thank you tweet and this is now gone viral!! The kicker? Official Tesla twitter account retweeted and pretty much went gangbusters from there