Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shuffling the cars around in Fremont. Shuffling the cars around the dock lot at Oakland. Shuffling the cars around the paddock in Sydney. Plus if they replaced the battery and had to do anything with brakes (the brake fluid thing) they would have had to test drive it. So I don't think 53km is unreasonable given the circumstances.

30km from Tesla Alexandria to the St Leonards service centre and back?

I am still #VINLESS :-(

Reservation: 8/4/2016
Order: 4/6/2019
Vehicle: Blue P3D+
Melbourne pick up

Sent an email to Tesla last week, no response to date. Sent an email to a specific person I have previously talked to in delivery today, hopefully hear something soon. Three weeks ago I was told "late September", which is approaching and no word at all. I know that at least one Blue P3D+ was delivered to someone with a reservation years after mine, so I am becoming increasingly irate.
Terrible. Sorry.

Got an unhappy call from Tesla today.

"Due to unforseen circumstances, my vehicle will not be able to be picked up until October 21st".
They don't know what the unforseen circumstances are, they were just given a list to call and push back.

Fml I was picking it up on 30th September!!!

Not the call I was hoping to get after seeing everyone picking their cars up early after being brought forward!
Sorry

I'm feelin your pain...I too am a P3D+ FSD WHITE/BLACK.....No VIN and no calls...…..starting to lose faith
Same here Red/Black P3D+ FSD Melbourne. was told on Sat by visiting at Cremorne after no email or voicemail reply, had to wait to hear in October. There are two other Melbournians here last week mentioned the same.

There seem to be no P3D+ in Australia at the moment. Seems like there are plenty of SR+, P- and even some white interior P3D+

Same here Red/Black P3D+ FSD Melbourne. was told on Sat by visiting at Cremorne after no email or voicemail reply, had to wait to hear in October. There are two other Melbournians here last week mentioned the same.

There seem to be no P3D+ in Australia at the moment. Seems like there are plenty of SR+, P- and even some white interior P3D+
There are plenty of P3D+ in Australia....they just weren't meant for us.....just look at some of the pics users have uploaded...if its got the tiny spoiler on the back its a P3D+.... I 've seen at least 2 dozen pics and the spreadsheet confirms it

The trick is to charge at home and only supercharge when you exceed your range. If you live in an apartment there was a good webinar last week on how to negotiate a plug for your parking space. The link was in the Aussie Tesla part of this forum. In short, be active on your body corporate, don't just rock up and demand one, and have an exit arrangement when you leave.
The On Demand replay of the Webinar will be up in a week or so I’m told.

• Informative
Reactions: baillies

I'm the same – red/black P3D+ in Melbourne. I've purchased 3 other new cars in the past (Citroen/Mazda/Mazda) and this is the by far the worst purchasing experience. So much for Teslas being easier to buy than a normal dealership.

So picked up the car on the weekend in Sydney, and want to change the plates to the custom ones I have reserved and are waiting at the RMS. Crazy thing is that I have called the RMS both days and they have said that the existing plates on the car are not in their system yet, so I can't do the swap until it is. But what is really crazy is that on the last RMS phone, they told me that I shouldn't drive the car until it shows up on their system as it is illegal and I should contact the dealer to find out what the delay is. No way I am not driving the car!!!

For those that have taken delivery, what software version is your car running. I'm on 2019.15.104 - quite an old version. I realised wifi wasn't reaching to the garage, so I've installed a new access point in there, and that should fix it. hopefully I'll have a newer version soon enough.

Also, can anyone know much about normal summon. User manual states its under settings > autopilot > summon. but there's no summon in that menu.

Reactions: MonicaPlease