Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will hopefully get mine before the end of the month and I was wondering about the wifi. If I share internet from my mobile by enabling the hotspot on the phone, would the car with standard connectivity then check and download updates even when on the road? Or does the wifi connectivity get used differently when car is parked compared to when driving?
No, the car disables wifi when you put it in drive.
Switches to cellular.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
People shorting Tesla stock has nothing to do with their inability to fix ongoing paint, production and third party logistics issues.

You completely missed my point. So called issues like panel alignment and paint issues have been overblown by a massive short campaign to saturate the internet with negativity regarding Tesla vehicles, so people will have second thoughts about buying. Tesla buyers (like many on here) are now looking at their cars with a fine tooth comb (which they admit they have never done with other cars) BECAUSE of what they read on the internet. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Reactions: jontyh
Wow Tesla service is seriously bad.
I was scheduled to receive the car this Friday 27th 9am in Canberra. I emailed them and called them multiple times to confirm my payment and confirm the date.
Today I finally got a reply saying "the car is still being unloaded form the vessel and it is unlikely it will be ready". I can't believe that's true since there are no vessels docked in Sydney...but looks like I'm not getting on Friday.

Anyway if I didn't hassle them, I'm not sure they would have even told me until Friday. And they didn't even give me a new date, just said they'll be in contact later. I feel like it'll be another 2 weeks...

VIN:5YJ3F7EB9KF4991xx for reference. Black P3-

Wow, how easy was your installation? We have just accepted a quote for $1,093.61, and it’s not that far from the box, just one room between and there’s plenty of room in the roof. Seems a big difference! Anyone able to give other costs?

I got a quote yesterday. $350. Although it's right next to the meter box. 3 phase install.

You completely missed my point. So called issues like panel alignment and paint issues have been overblown by a massive short campaign to saturate the internet with negativity regarding Tesla vehicles, so people will have second thoughts about buying. Tesla buyers (like many on here) are now looking at their cars with a fine tooth comb (which they admit they have never done with other cars) BECAUSE of what they read on the internet. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Nah, get it completely I think plenty of people inspect their vehicles carefully when they see it for the first time. Nothing unusual about that. I always have. I'm pretty fussy. I've had plenty of new cars and never had to reject a new vehicle thus far. Certainly agree that Shorts are always looking for fodder to discredit.
Nuf said. My glass is still half full !

Wow Tesla service is seriously bad.
I was scheduled to receive the car this Friday 27th 9am in Canberra. I emailed them and called them multiple times to confirm my payment and confirm the date.
Today I finally got a reply saying "the car is still being unloaded form the vessel and it is unlikely it will be ready". I can't believe that's true since there are no vessels docked in Sydney...but looks like I'm not getting on Friday.

Anyway if I didn't hassle them, I'm not sure they would have even told me until Friday. And they didn't even give me a new date, just said they'll be in contact later. I feel like it'll be another 2 weeks...

VIN:5YJ3F7EB9KF4991xx for reference. Black P3-

Confirmed. Complete nonsense. Cannot be true. No ships are in port. That range is however from ANL W or Merkur Ocean. Believe - it is still going through logistics.

For those that are interested, ive been through 4 tolls in the car now and no matter where I place the thing, I have npt had it beep once. Tried in the middle of the windscreen, to the left of the rear mirror, the right of the mirror... no luck. Will ring the RMS later and ask to be put on the "tag doesnt work" list

That seems odd. Given it's a glass roof I wonder if putting it somewhere else might work? top corner of rear window for instance..

EDIT: Tesla Tom just posted this:

Last edited:
My P3D- is due for delivery on Friday and my phone just rang, it was 02 8424 95XX.... Tesla in Sydney and it made me nervous considering how some other people have been delayed.

Are they confirming ? Is there a problem ? Are they going to delay delivery...

Thankfully, everything is fine, they have the money but not the rego documents, told them I sent it back the same day they sent the invoice. They found it, all is good.

Cat on a hot tin roof time, less than two days to go!

Had our M3P+ a week now and was going to report flawless week. However, last night better half was doing the kids taxi run stuff when at stopped at the lights she selected Spotify and played 'Greatest Showman'. Car (speakers) instantly emitted full volume screeching, then screen went blank. Sound stopped after a while. Main car functions like go and stop all continued to work fine. Screen rebooted but zero music options on reboot (just spinning wheel of death), everything else fine. Freaked her out a bit (mainly the large sound) but I assured her the car operates independently of the screen. I doubt it had anything to do with the song but anyone else had a 'while driving screen crash' and this huge sound? To save me testing it does anyone know if the indicators still work when screen is rebooting? Did a hard reboot (hold both buttons down) and all the music stuff came back. This reboot also seem to fix a profile mixup where car would select opposite profile to who's who approached the car.

Had our M3P+ a week now and was going to report flawless week. However, last night better half was doing the kids taxi run stuff when at stopped at the lights she selected Spotify and played 'Greatest Showman'. Car (speakers) instantly emitted full volume screeching, then screen went blank. Sound stopped after a while. Main car functions like go and stop all continued to work fine. Screen rebooted but zero music options on reboot (just spinning wheel of death), everything else fine. Freaked her out a bit (mainly the large sound) but I assured her the car operates independently of the screen. I doubt it had anything to do with the song but anyone else had a 'while driving screen crash' and this huge sound? To save me testing it does anyone know if the indicators still work when screen is rebooting? Did a hard reboot (hold both buttons down) and all the music stuff came back. This reboot also seem to fix a profile mixup where car would select opposite profile to who's who approached the car.

yes indicator lights will generally continue to work although you will not have the “click click” sound they would normally make. They are run independently to the system running the screen.