Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i will get mine before the cairns/townsville lot? haha I would rub it in but I won't be back until November.
I've had 'the call'. @Random206 was asking about a delayed delivery call, as we have the same spec model in the same VIN range.

My car is scheduled to be delivered on the 10th October.

I thought you were in Cairns @Candleflame ? Have you received your car already?

I hope it is only affecting a small number of cars, but from what I have seen posted, the inconsistent panel gaps and poorly aligned panels on Tesla is worse than all the cars I had owned over the last 20 years.
It is not really a secret that this is an issue for Tesla.
Mind the gap: how Teslas will get better

LOL, my other Sunday drive is a 95 Camaro. It looks like it has been in an accident and had half the panels.replaced. only it hasn't. 70K on the clock and most parts like new American automotive, what can one say? It ain't Japan...

It has self parking, summon and change lane automatically on signal
Ditto what kieranu says but also self steers, traffic aware cruise control with selectable time following and does so out of the box in rain and weird light. Plus all the safety stuff I'm too chicken to test directly. Tested this with odo reading about 80km and was rock solid.....just don't do roundabouts...the downside so far is its overly cautious and dramatically brakes more than necessary if it sees something in its path 50m or so ahead which may be an issue if you have a tailgater..supposedly it will deal with that too but I get the feeling in a few iterations it will be way better in the basics than the average driver.

Ditto what kieranu says but also self steers, traffic aware cruise control with selectable time following and does so out of the box in rain and weird light. Plus all the safety stuff I'm too chicken to test directly. Tested this with odo reading about 80km and was rock solid.....just don't do roundabouts...the downside so far is its overly cautious and dramatically brakes more than necessary if it sees something in its path 50m or so ahead which may be an issue if you have a tailgater..supposedly it will deal with that too but I get the feeling in a few iterations it will be way better in the basics than the average driver.

Technically, those two things are part of Autopilot, that everyone gets rather than part of FSD. My feeling is over time, we will learn what freaks it out and just apply a bit of pressure to the accelerator to stop the phantom braking until it improves. I am already doing that on take off from a red light (so the car behind me doesnt crash into me) almost automatically.

Monday's Perth delivery & finish.
  • Black Performance+, every box ticked, approx this time last year
  • Was first car off the trailer (see one of my past posts pics)
  • Clean, only some dusty foot marks on the driver side and tire outers showed it had been driven through a dirt lot before delivery
  • 97% charged
  • 5km ODM if I remember correctly
  • Granddaughter was luck first front passenger, just happened to be school start time
  • Planted it on the way, wife in the back seat got the cry-giggles for quite some time :D
  • Definitely turns heads! ... plenty of heads
  • Rang the Melbourne number, got a call back within minutes and a good delivery run through
  • Learnt a few things not seen on youtube etc
  • Eventually got to go over the car in detail. VERY good condition except for;
    • 1 small paint loss area between guard and frunk
    • chip on aft edge of main glass roof panel ... seen a few similar reports ... maybe their robots need softer fingers !
    • Plastic side under body sill has a couple plugs not wanting to stay in
    • Carbon spoiler can be lifted a bit on 1 end
    • Little squeak from steering column when turning the wheel
  • Cant find any panel gap anomaly
  • Cant find door matching problems
  • Cant find external trim issues
  • Cant find rubber or carpet out of place
  • Seats / interior is perfect
  • Number plates done very nice ... shame to change them shortly to slim line custom plates!
... next post, first impressions

But you don't own a model 3 and have never owned a Tesla, and from your recent posts you haven't ordered a 3 (or have cancelled). Actually from your previous posts it seems you cancelled your reservation in June 2018 and again in Jun 2019, or did you? Something doesn't add up. Short seller?
Lol, no interest in Tesla's share price at all.
Yes I did cancel my initial reservation some time ago, figured the reservation was a bit of a con, but I just ordered a SR+ recently, as I still would like one. What's been posted regarding inconsistent panel gaps and poorly aligned body panels and glass is a bit concerning, but form what I have seen in the showroom, they seemed fine, that's why I said hopefully this is not a widespread problem.
TBH, I only like Tesla's motor and battery, as I think they are the leader in that field (with the possible exception of Porsche Taycan), and their capability for OTA updates. I don't find other aspects of their cars particularly attractive.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I've had 'the call'. @Random206 was asking about a delayed delivery call, as we have the same spec model in the same VIN range.

Oh no!

I literally just responded saying best of luck too!
That's really upsetting :( I'm sorry to hear mate.

At least yours is sooner than 21st though!

Hopefully they bring mine up with yours and drop it off along the way and bring me forward haha!

Yeah, well this is Perth where there is no logic to roundabouts other than "must be first"
well, theres perfect logic to them but seems no one reads the rule book. Even the driving examiners here don't know the rules as written so what hope is there? Had massive arguments with these examiners who failed my practical test (twice) when going for my truck license because I was driving by the 'rule book' as far as roundabouts but they thought they knew better. I really wish I was recording these conversations where they are blatantly arguing against the very rules they are supposed to be testing drivers on. But, 'must be first' is sort of a rule pushed to the extreme here in Perth as by law whoever gets 'on the roundabout first' has right of way and everyone else has to give way to you. It breaks down of course if everyone approaches the same roundabout 15Km/hr above the speed limit at the same time. Add in drivers who give way to anything, to the left, to the right or not at all, and throw in a few cyclists that most ignore and its pretty much perfect chaos at all times. Sorry for off topic rant.

Reactions: kieranu
Anyone have a better idea of what the thief is actually doing there? Is it a lock pick or a lock breaker of some sort?
In the footage it looks like a blank key with a big attachment he uses for leverage that he sort of jiggles and forces it in. Then some aggressive turning and it unlocks. I reckon he has probably damaged the door lock but you would never notice that when returning to your car? I've never once used the door key hole in my 10 year old car. I wish the cameras could have seen the lady's plates of the car as she drives in so the cops could call her and tell her she got broken into

In the footage it looks like a blank key with a big attachment he uses for leverage that he sort of jiggles and forces it in. Then some aggressive turning and it unlocks. I reckon he has probably damaged the door lock but you would never notice that when returning to your car? I've never once used the door key hole in my 10 year old car. I wish the cameras could have seen the lady's plates of the car as she drives in so the cops could call her and tell her she got broken into
Any chance we can see the video?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
LOL, my other Sunday drive is a 95 Camaro. It looks like it has been in an accident and had half the panels.replaced. only it hasn't. 70K on the clock and most parts like new American automotive, what can one say? It ain't Japan...

I have to admit somebody said they looked at their golf gti and realised it wasn’t perfect... I then looked at my 10 year old Subaru and it’s near as perfect. And it’s had it’s roof and a fender and bonnet replaced!, (no I didn’t roll it, Eureka tower lost a window in high winds a few years back and it landed on my car!!!

That was an interesting insurance claim.... how fast were you going? It was parked. Describe the other vehicle... about 200m tall with a cafe on top. Stupid insurance form.. it was a building, it jumped out and hit my parked car... was the other vehicle speeding? Oh FFS. In the end Eureka management put it on their insurance and all was well.

For those going through a leasing company - I'm up to "Prepare for Delivery", but I can only enter Delivery Location, not registration or payment method as the sections are locked. Has anyone else leasing had the same experience?

I don't know about leasing, I'm paying cash, but I've got the invoice, filled out the registration document, paid for it and am now awaiting delivery (tomorrow) and mine says the same thing - The payment box isn't filled in.

I'm in the outback atm and back in November. Car will be delivered on the 2nd.