Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P3- (although I dont see what that has to do with it) and have just noticed that I dont have a seat belt receptacle for the middle seat belt. The belt is there, and there is clearly a cutout in the seat itself where it would go, and there are 3 sockets on the parcel shelf for child seats.It would also be very narrow to sit in if there were people with the 2 outer seat belts done up.

IMG_6075.jpg

So I picked up my Blue P- this afternoon in Canberra (due to be delivered on Monday, but the car carrier let me know it was availble for pickup at the depot in Mitchell today :)).

Does Tesla have to do some setup before a phone can be connected to the car as a key?

I had to get a mate to drive it home for me as I was still groggy because I arrived from Europe this morning (48 hours with no sleep :-() Tomorrow is play time :)

So I picked up my Blue P- this afternoon in Canberra (due to be delivered on Monday, but the car carrier let me know it was availble for pickup at the depot in Mitchell today :)).

Does Tesla have to do some setup before a phone can be connected to the car as a key?

I had to get a mate to drive it home for me as I was still groggy because I arrived from Europe this morning (48 hours with no sleep :-() Tomorrow is play time :)
Awesome and jealous!

Reactions: Crynja
I have a P3- (although I dont see what that has to do with it) and have just noticed that I dont have a seat belt receptacle for the middle seat belt. The belt is there, and there is clearly a cutout in the seat itself where it would go, and there are 3 sockets on the parcel shelf for child seats.It would also be very narrow to sit in if there were people with the 2 outer seat belts done up.

View attachment 459605

You can lift up the rear seat cushion without any tools to check if it has fallen underneath when it was installed or reinstalled if it has been removed at some point.

Entering first wifi password was fine. Tried entering the password on second wifi at my mums house and it said wrong password each attempt. Tried against hotspot on my phone same thing.

Then I noticed on each key entry for the password it appeared the cursor jumped to the left side (first character) so effectively it was entering the password backwards....

Held down both scroll wheels to reset and retried. After that it worked perfectly with each letter appearing in order.

Now that’s an odd bug!!!!

Man. Just found this dust or fabric or something under the clear coat on the frunk while i did my first wash.
Mine must be made on a Friday or something .
There is a dent on the drivers side pillar. There is a scratch on the passenger interior door. And now this. :(

Attachments

• 09128724-56A9-47D7-A60E-9077C22FD918.jpeg
    09128724-56A9-47D7-A60E-9077C22FD918.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 51
My delivery went awesome today. 1st in Brisbane today at 9am out the door. I got there early. I was out by 9.03. brisbane were attempting 50 deliveries today - first time. They have been doing 36 per day.

Because I was first, and before 9am, I did not have the new temp staff. I had a senior person at Tesla Brisbane - and I found out lots about ships, batteries and brake fluid. I will leave this to future posts. He was very surprised how much I knew.

re delivery. I was out in 12 Minutes.
The brake fluid was full - we checked it. It is NOW being topped up at the delivery centre (at least Brisbane anyway)
There car looked superb, no issues. Panel gaps were really very good.
The 12v battery had been replaced.
At about 30km, autopilot calibrated.

I have spent all day with the car either driving or learning about it. I have unlocked a few beach buggy levels.

Meet Ken Mattingly

D59EDA16-D19D-4C55-BC82-CF053AB269E9.jpeg

I think this is BS. I got on to tesla this afternoon about my Canberra delivery no show at 2pm. After finding out that it didn’t make it to Canberra I offered to drive up to Sydney to pick it up. Then they said, ahh actually the car is still with auto nexus and hasn’t even been detailed yet. So the plan now is I’ll get a call Monday morning (don’t count on it) for delivery on Tuesday. Maybe they already hit their 100k target for the quarter and so Tuesday delivery is fine now. Super bummed.

I would concur with you, from 1pm until 5:45pm I was speaking with Carways and Tesla about my car (or lack thereof). It was supposed to be delivered at 9am but didn't show up, Carways confirmed it was not with them and they contacted Telsa and found that it was still in Sydney and not yet ready for them to receive, he was working to ensure it was to me on Monday/Tuesday however. I asked to see if I could pick it up in Sydney and James from Carways tried to organise it being sent to his shipping yard where that could happen.

Basically as soon as he confirmed it was in Sydney, I got a call from Tesla from one of the Delivery team by the name of Louie, he informed me the car would not be there today (which I already knew). I informed him I was working with Carways to try and pick it up in Sydney.

James from Carways tried until 5pm, but I didn't hear from him since 3pm, tried Carways and it was redirecting to automatic 9-5 business notification message so I called Louie from Tesla back and asked him if he knew anything, only thing he knew was that it hadn't moved.

I asked if there was anyway I could pick it up on Saturday and he looked and confirmed it hadn't been prepped yet, so detailing and other stuff. I thought I was SOL but thanks to the discussion on here I knew there were people in Sydney delayed on Friday to Sunday pickup. I asked if there was any way that I could get the car like they were. This ticked something in his head, he put me on hold, made some calls, asked to call me back and 15 minutes later was able to give me a confirmation that I could pick my car up in Sydney, on Saturday at 6pm.

I know it's only a day or two, but I'm sure that you would have felt the same and would have jumped on that offer.

Back to the primary point, you're right - this wasn't an issue with Carways and the Logistics - they were ready to receive my car but didn't know anything about it until I gave them the VIN and they called Tesla who confirmed "oops, we forgot that one". Carways confirmed shipping 26 cars to Canberra, and from looking on here there's at least another 6 of us that haven't received our cars, let alone the ones who don't visit forums. I'd expect somewhere around 50 M3s in Canberra over the next two weeks.

I wish you the best of luck with getting your car, you might be able to get in on Sunday delivery if you can catch someone tomorrow but I know there was very limited spots left, 6pm was the last group of spaces, at least now I'll get walked through it with a real person.

• Love
Reactions: TaylorP
As a day 1 reservation holder, placing a day 1 order, it was finally my turn for home delivery in Port Macquarie at 9am today. Unfortunately, like many others, that didn’t happen. When I eventually got a response from Tesla this afternoon they had missed my completed rego papers I sent 2 weeks back and so the car was never going to make it today. The good news was that without those papers they didn’t bother to send it to the transport company so it is waiting at Alexandria.

It will now be a family road trip tomorrow morning to make my new 11:30 appointment for pickup. 1 more sleep.

I was beginning to wonder if Tesla had scheduled my delivery appointment to Inverell NSW 2360 for 27th Sep at 2pm in 2020. I went back into my account and it definitely says 2019.

I would love to know where my car is. Neither myself nor my finance provider have been able to get a response from Tesla.

I fully understand that things don't go to plan and deliveries can be delayed (and stuff ups happen). Communication however is the key. Customers need to know what is going on. Not knowing anything is the problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Ashleysteadman
Ok. now for The juicy bits

1. I am reliably informed on this one. 1500 12v batteries were sourced - from everywhere in the Tesla group, at all hours getting them flown here. I don’t know of what this number applies - AU/NZ?

I was shown the 12v pallets at Brisbane. It looks like a big proportion of them are being replaced. No exact word given for the root cause. I won’t go through the speculated reasons why here again. They all looked like the replacements are done at the delivery service centres and not Autonexus. I am unsure about home delivery replacements.

2. Brake fluid low. Now this turns out to a production line issue. The brake fluid reservoir are different sizes LHD/RHD - 820mm and 750mm. Assume this is steering wheel related. There was a mistake to configure the qty filled to calibrate for RHD, and they were short filled. I am told the warning appears on steep hills as a sensor is triggered. Not an immediate safety issue. In Brisbane, they are now checking and filling (1 was missed yesterday)

3. The logistic windows are very tight. If a truck has an issue, or a mistake made loading which vehicles to trucks, it will move the customer delivery. Some of that occurred yesterday.

4. Brisbane has been doing 36 per day. Today they were trying for 50 - another record for them

5. Ships - the delays in ships and Port Botany a couple of weeks ago has caused massive pressure on everyone. Basically the staff are being told, do whatever you need to do to make the deliveries happen do whatever you can - Brisbane perspective. I know some of you have had delays because of poor planning.

6. Brisbane added far more AC chargers in the basement to get more throughput of cars being charged. Mine was at 87% this morning at delivery.

My delivery went awesome today. 1st in Brisbane today at 9am out the door. I got there early. I was out by 9.03. brisbane were attempting 50 deliveries today - first time. They have been doing 36 per day.

Because I was first, and before 9am, I did not have the new temp staff. I had a senior person at Tesla Brisbane - and I found out lots about ships, batteries and brake fluid. I will leave this to future posts. He was very surprised how much I knew.

re delivery. I was out in 12 Minutes.
The brake fluid was full - we checked it. It is NOW being topped up at the delivery centre (at least Brisbane anyway)
There car looked superb, no issues. Panel gaps were really very good.
The 12v battery had been replaced.
At about 30km, autopilot calibrated.

I have spent all day with the car either driving or learning about it. I have unlocked a few beach buggy levels.

Meet Ken Mattingly

View attachment 459615
Congratulations! Well deserved.

6. Brisbane added far more AC chargers in the basement to get more throughput of cars being charged. Mine was at 87% this morning at delivery.

My car (received today) was charged to 83%. Lots of cars being delivered at Alexandria today, and seemed that most of them were white - my delivery person said that previous days had been mostly other colours.