Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good - I don't think we need you.
That’s a bit harsh, all the guy is saying is that he won’t accept a damaged car. He is totally spot on, no way in hell I will accept a damaged car if it comes to it. I don’t know why people think just because it is Tesla you should just accept crap service and product when you are paying 100k for that service and product.

# Spreadsheet update #

Just a gentle nudge to remind everyone to continue updating the spreadsheet.

If you need your unique link to update your already submitted data, please click on my profile and click start a conversation then send me your timestamp for your entry in the spreadsheet (link below).

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form (Responses)

If you haven't submitted your data, please use the form to do that (link below).

AUS / NZ Tesla Model 3 VIN Submission Form

Best of luck with delivery everyone!

We picked up our red/black SR+ "Vixen" in Cremorne yesterday afternoon. Communication leading up to delivery was good with calls and emails and the delivery process itself went very smoothly. Paint and glass is perfect and only a couple of very minor issues with a panel sticking out slightly and some chrome barely misaligned. Both were logged and should be easily rectified.

We took it for a drive down to St Kilda, across to the South Eastern, up Springvale Rd and back along the Eastern. I was surpirised to see at least half a dozen Teslas in that time (usualy 1-2/day) including one matching ours on the Eastern doing what we were doing. Some free charging at MP Central then home to charge on 15A and connect to wifi for a software update.

Today I got into installing all the various accessories and then we took it for a drive to Bells Beach, using the Chargefox ultra charger at RACV Torquay along the way. The car is simply amazing, beautiful to drive or admire and just so enjoyable. I'd driven M3LR is the USA but there's nothing like having your own Tesla and my wife loves it too. It's a great around town or on the open road and the SR+ has plenty of power. One pedal driving seems natural now and autopilot has been great too, although I wish it would drive just a bit more to the right.

Below are a few photos. I removed the aero covers when I got home as the wheels underneath look better. But not as good (imho) as the T-Sportline 18" turbines I had the tyres swapped onto this morning.

Vixen1.jpg
Vixen2.jpg
Vixen3.jpg

This was without doubt the worst delivery of a new car I have ever had.
Sorry to hear that you got a bad one.
When I asked how I would address any further issues I discover he said I should "call the panel beaters"
There is no way that this is acceptable, not even for a 20k brand new car. When I buy a brand new car I am not buying one with dents and scratches, and worse, having to take it to a panel beater to have it fixed. A second hand car, may be, not a brand new one. It’s just unbelievable. Personally I would rather wait longer, or not get a Tesla at all.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Has anyone actually refused to take delivery after seeing their car? If so would love to hear how that went.

There have been a lot of people talking tough on here about “I would refuse to accept it...” and also to be fair a lot of badly damaged cars, but I’m not aware of anyone actually refusing collection.

We are all getting HW3.0. Our orders did not open up until after the roll out.

How can you be so sure ?

To all who want to know it for sure: Check it yourself, what is installed in your car!

It is a very simple task and will take you about 5 Min. to take a photo of the sticker on the hardware behind the glove compartment. The PartNo will tell you.
Video on youtube
Many resources can be found explaining what P-Number belongs to HW2.5 or HW3.0
To expect but not for sure:
Model 3 Standard Range Plus ordered without FSD -> HW2.5
Model 3 Standard Range Plus ordered with FSD -> HW3.0

• Helpful
Reactions: adee and Hairyman
Sorry to hear that you got a bad one.

There is no way that this is acceptable, not even for a 20k brand new car. When I buy a brand new car I am not buying one with dents and scratches, and worse, having to take it to a panel beater to have it fixed. A second hand car, may be, not a brand new one. It’s just unbelievable. Personally I would rather wait longer, or not get a Tesla at all.

I 100% agree. I am so gutted now that I actually accepted the vehicle and let's face it, if this was any other car that had half the issues I would have walked out and said "find me another" but 1)I had already sold my other car and probably couldn't wait another couple of months 2)I had read all these stories on here that if you reject a car they won't allow you to order the same one for 12 months etc etc..

What I'm even more worried about now is how difficult and time consuming all these repairs will be an ultimately how well all the body damage will be fixed (and not cause more in the process!).

After years of waiting I never thought I'd be up at 3am unable to sleep worried about the car I ended up with.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Has anyone actually refused to take delivery after seeing their car? If so would love to hear how that went.

There have been a lot of people talking tough on here about “I would refuse to accept it...” and also to be fair a lot of badly damaged cars, but I’m not aware of anyone actually refusing collection.

I'd like to think so and I'm interested to hear as well but I wouldn't call refusing a damaged car "talking tough". I've seen people on here taking delivery of cars with literally more cosmetic damage than my 14 year old commuter car...I think the excitement mixed with a long wait is seriously clouding otherwise discerning people's judgement.

• Disagree
Reactions: raynewman