Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol received today. Just wait til they get my survey results. I’m thinking everyone will have similar responses

4675EBAD-0E69-4208-BC64-1B9DC670AC20.jpeg EAD08DED-8BDB-4A4B-A006-0D61D672CD1A.jpeg

Yep it hurts when you build up so much excitement and counting down the days. I was originally 19 Sep but rescheduled to this week, but wouldn't be surprised if I get rescheduled again knowing how hopeless they have been with WA deliveries :(

That would more palatable if they at least let you know in a timely and proactive manner but they don’t, you need to keep asking the question and only get told of the delay when it is too late to change your plans in any constructive way.

Brisbane had their biggest day on Saturday 60 deliveries.

There are 25 in the basement still waiting to be delivered. Am unsure if they are in for a late one. I did see the detailing team were still all there.

As I understand it, Sydney peaked at 100 deliveries for at least 2 days. Unsure of how they are going today.
Sitting at the BNE supercharger now. Deliveries finished for the day.

Got my side windows tinted today, wife wasn't happy with the heat coming in.
She also reckons the UV from the M3 windscreen is more than from a Mazda CX-5, I can't find this info online.
Anyone know where I can find that kind of info, or at least what the M3 UV reduction is? Will pay in unlikes, smiles and lightbulbs.

I still have problems with wiper washer fluid not dispensing in my SR+ even though I filled in the tank. I tried again few times today and saw the water in the tank was getting lower but no washer fluid on the screen. Then I saw the ground underneath the car getting wet. It appears the hose is not connected correctly. Booked for a service on 21st of October in St. Leonards, which was the first available time.
Can any of you confirm you wiper washers work fine and the windscreen actually gets wet and clean?

Just installed update on vehicle I picked up this morning from Richmond (Cremorne). Update was 32.2.2, so V9 still. Haven't bought FSD.

Still trying to figure out how all the screen controls work. And also the dashcam footage; all dated yesterday. Weird. I presume it's a time-zone thing - 17 hours behind us is... US central. Or perhaps US West Coast with daylight savings? Also thought dashcam would erase old clips once drive was full but this doesn't appear to have happened - have only the drive home, not the afternoon's adventures.

Pretty amazing thing, that's for sure.

I got a message from Tesla service centre today. I logged an issue with Frunk (lid not level when closed) via the app. There was also a small dent on the boot lid rear panel noted at delivery. They have moved my booking forward for the Frunk lid from end of October until 10th. And they also provided a list of approved panel beaters to fix the small dent Tesla will get charged directly.
Annoying that I have to arrange to get it fixed my self but at least the payment side will be easy. Was surprised to hear about it so fast given I only collect the car on Friday.
Not sure if others have heard anything about how issues will be rectified but looks like this will be the process.

I still have problems with wiper washer fluid not dispensing in my SR+ even though I filled in the tank. I tried again few times today and saw the water in the tank was getting lower but no washer fluid on the screen. Then I saw the ground underneath the car getting wet. It appears the hose is not connected correctly. Booked for a service on 21st of October in St. Leonards, which was the first available time.
Can any of you confirm you wiper washers work fine and the windscreen actually gets wet and clean?
Just tested my SR+ windscreen wipers and fluid. Appears to work and get the windscreen wet and wipe it in a nice smooth motion. The surprise for me is that it does not spray the fluid all over the windscreen and then wipe it off, but it appears to dispense the fluid from the wiper just before wiping it off, so there is just the liquid that drips from the edges of the wiper blade but it appears to clean the windshield really well and plenty of fluid dripping off the wiper blade.

Picked up in Alexandria today, at long last, after 1273 days of waiting. We showed up a little early and thus the app wasn't live, but soon came good. The staff were clearly under the pump (fitting plates as customers walked in) but in good spirits.

I've driven a 3 in the US and think I could quote the handover video script by now, so I let the DS know I was happy to skip through the patter so I could spend more time looking over the car.

Sounds like I'm in the minority and apologies to all of those having dramas with quality management, but my rocketship was immaculate & well aligned.

First impressions: "holy s***". The whole family are in love with this car! Unbelievable, sickening performance and just light years beyond anything else. Now, time to add to those 7km on the odometer...

I'm also keen on getting my side windows tinted before summer arrives. Can you tell us where you got yours tinted, how much it cost, how long it took, and is your wife happy with the results?

I went to Universal Tint in Brookvale, I found a recommendation elsewhere on this forum, https://www.universaltint.com.au/auto-tinting/

Quotes were:
3M Colour stable 35%: sides only $350; sides and rear $440
3M Crystalline 40%: sides only $770; sides and rear $880

I went with the $770 option as I wanted only sides, didn't want too dark (not bothered about privacy but want decent viz at night and of course heat reduction), and Crystalline is meant to be better.

They told me they'd need it for a day but called me after maybe 4/5 hours and said it was ready. You can open the doors ok (drop-window) but not wind down the windows further for a few days as it dries (?). And something about not cleaning them inside for a week or two. Also they there's a 3M warranty that'll cover any problems for the life of ownership apparently.

Wife probably won't be a passenger til the weekend, so fingers-crossed.