Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same problem, almost 100% wrong profile chosen by car. You could be onto something, maybe the logic is based on LHD entry. It could be a service setting to fix.

This happens to me 100% of the time, even when my wife isn’t even in the car and inside the house. I’m beginning to think it doesn’t sense distance when two phones are in range, instead it just picks them either alphabetically, or uses whichever key was added more recently.

edit: or the logic is inverted and it picks the one farthest from the drivers door instead of closest.

Last edited:
Has anyone been using driver profiles associated with different keys (phones)? I've found it claimed here phone keys associated with driver profiles that, if there are two keys (e.g. driver and passenger) that the car will work out which is closest to the driver's side, but so far we seem to be getting it wrong 100% of the time. In the back of my mind, I do wonder if the car is maybe working out which phone is closer to the *left* door... ? Or maybe it's just me.

same deal here. I ended up removing my wife's phone from system, it was always thinking it was her. Even when her phone was in the house and I was sitting in the car !

Reactions: qdolan
IMG_8563.jpg IMG_8561.jpg

Got delivery from Taptes with a fair few accessories folks. Attached a few relevant pics of accessories that I think you should definitely get.

1. Thanks to @apchoo, I ordered floor mats from Luckeasy (AliExpress). I wish they were figure-hugging, but let's face it, some of my fav clothes don't fit me anymore unless I suck it up ;-p. They are just fine and more importantly are going to stop that wear and tear on your M3 carpeted floor. Driver side, passenger and rear are all available in RHD for TM3. I also got rear cargo liner and front cargo liner which are fantastic and again are going to save you the hassle of vacuuming these easy to get dirty areas over and over again.
2. I know it's been said and I can assure you, you will want to change the LED lights in the trunk. The brighter ones light up the whole boot and make a massive difference. I highly recommend getting these. Easy to install and can be done in 5 mins.
3. Your centre console will get a lot of visible fingerprint marks. I got a glossy wrap in grey that fits perfectly. Make sure before you put the wrap on, you connect your Tesla app via the key card. I found I couldn't connect my wife's phone as the wrap interfered with connecting the phone/keycard together. I had to peel back the wrap a little bit and then it allowed me to connect the Tesla app to the keycard. This just means that we have to use the Tesla app to start the car which is my preferred method anyway.
4. Inner door anti kick wraps. Again, I would recommend these as the car sits a little low and getting out means your legs/shoes will invariably leave scuff marks on the bottom of the doors. The wraps were easy to install. Had to line them up, use a smoothening tool provided so no creases on surface.
5. And for a bit of fun, the LED puddle lights under the door are fantastic. Again, easy to remove existing ones and install the new ones. Took me around 5-10 mins. Tricky part is manoeuvring yourself under the door to get access to LED. I love these personally.

best

Picked up my car yesterday and i just discovered that the panel under the glovebox is missing. So is the footwell light with the powerclip hanging. I can clearly see my FSD/AP unit P1462554-04-H Rev01 with a date 14/05/19. I wonder what they were doing.
Is this HW3 ?

My vin in 4882XX

Made an service booking using the app.

Just had the wall charger installed by Johnstone Electrics. $440 for the Tesla wall charger install plus $50 for adding a 10amp out the front so I can trickle charge using the portable charger if the Tesla is relegated to the front lawn.

Single phase, used 4mm core cable which for that distance would be rated at 26amps or a bit more. Put in 20amp rcd/breaker and set the wall charger dial thingy to 6 for 20 amps. Car charges at ~35km/h so that’s absolutely fine for me. I’m on 3 rate electricity so set schedule to 11pm and hey presto I get the cheapest rates.

So anybody on the west/south west side of Melbourne (I’m in werribee) looking for a sparky who has done a Tesla wall charger before, try Johnstone Electrics.

Normally the charge rate should be 80% of the RCD. Eg 16 amps for a 20amp RCD.

Perhaps try and get a 25amp RCD.

Hi guys,
Took delivery of my P3D + yesterday at midday after being delayed from Friday and Saturday. Wasn’t really convinced I would receive my car as it has a build date of 14th August and a and a vin of f5171 which means they raced to get it on the boat.
The delivery experience was good and the car is in almost perfect condition. Panel gaps and white paint are fantastic and the white interior is stunning. The only downside which I was almost expecting is the car was a bit dusty on the interior and not perfectly detailed. There was also a handprint which I found much later inside the drivers door on the roof lining....It arrived off the truck from Sydney only a few hrs before delivery and a crew of people were wiping it down whilst the handover was being completed. The staff were lovely ( not overly knowledgeable) but made sure we understood everything. Although they were delivering two or three at a time they didn’t really try to rush us.

This car is absolutely fabulous. It drives like no other vehicle and is incredibly agile and fun. Installation of my charger occurred today and took two hrs. Looks great and charges at 8 kWh.

I hope all of you who have waited as long as me ( day 1 reservation holder) will receive your cars really soon and have an amazing experience like myself.

Cheers

Attachments

• E630881C-AE36-4302-9882-2E4FF0049889.jpeg
    E630881C-AE36-4302-9882-2E4FF0049889.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 53
  • EE9A154B-E2C4-4F24-8236-0E5368DE7FA1.jpeg
    EE9A154B-E2C4-4F24-8236-0E5368DE7FA1.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 08EDA308-0C79-4B54-85CB-0B3BADB34BC0.jpeg
    08EDA308-0C79-4B54-85CB-0B3BADB34BC0.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 51
Picked up my p- today And it’s awesome. Small dent on rear they took note of but otherwise perfect

my charging shows 11kw but not the km/h rate like I’ve seen in lots of videos.
Absolutely love this car.

Yes, I noticed this too, and the sparky just installed my wall charger (connector). I believe he set it up to 32A - 3 phase. The screen only shows 16A (with the red 3 indicater) and 11 kw, but not km\hr rate, and the car charges fine, wondering if he set it up right?

Yes, I noticed this too, and the sparky just installed my wall charger (connector). I believe he set it up to 32A - 3 phase. The screen only shows 16A (with the red 3 indicater) and 11 kw, but not km\hr rate, and the car charges fine, wondering if he set it up right?

I thought the same thing when I only saw Kw.

In display settings change from energy to distance. It will now show km's being added on the charge page.

Reverse if you want power to show up change back to energy.

Perhaps you are right. However, I really would be interested to know.

Maybe some got them for their family as "second" or "third" cars.

Surely some might be proud to publicise their green credentials and promote EVs?
Politicians try not to bring attention to personal wealth, it can be very polarising. They tend to focus on community projects and policy when it comes to environmental issues.

Thanks all for your replies on phone/key profile pairing. For the moment we have un-associated the keys from profiles as it was too frustrating, but will try swapping them around and report back!

edit: oh, but that's not going to work when there's only one key in range, then it's going to be wrong...

Has anyone managed to get a Model 3 key fob from the US Tesla store working on an AU Model 3?

I picked up my car yesterday and was able to pair the Fob with the car but it only seems to work like the key cards. The RF functionality might be disabled in AU

The car is awesome BTW :cool:

Has anyone managed to get a Model 3 key fob from the US Tesla store working on an AU Model 3?

I picked up my car yesterday and was able to pair the Fob with the car but it only seems to work like the key cards. The RF functionality might be disabled in AU

The car is awesome BTW :cool:
You mean that you have to tap it on the pillar?

The fobs don't have passive entry. Or you mean that you press the buttons (as on a normal fob) and nothing happens?