Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To each his/her own :rolleyes:. Our TM3 is my wife's first BT device, so she doesn't miss anything when she disables her BT for the weekend (when I drive mostly). She enables BT on Monday as I drive our ICE daily to the train station :(.
Fair enough, different use cases! I think we can all agree that we'd like it to work as intended, and have different workarounds in the meantime.

Hi guys,
Took delivery of my P3D + yesterday at midday after being delayed from Friday and Saturday. Wasn’t really convinced I would receive my car as it has a build date of 14th August and a and a vin of f5171 which means they raced to get it on the boat.
The delivery experience was good and the car is in almost perfect condition. Panel gaps and white paint are fantastic and the white interior is stunning. The only downside which I was almost expecting is the car was a bit dusty on the interior and not perfectly detailed. There was also a handprint which I found much later inside the drivers door on the roof lining....It arrived off the truck from Sydney only a few hrs before delivery and a crew of people were wiping it down whilst the handover was being completed. The staff were lovely ( not overly knowledgeable) but made sure we understood everything. Although they were delivering two or three at a time they didn’t really try to rush us.

This car is absolutely fabulous. It drives like no other vehicle and is incredibly agile and fun. Installation of my charger occurred today and took two hrs. Looks great and charges at 8 kWh.

I hope all of you who have waited as long as me ( day 1 reservation holder) will receive your cars really soon and have an amazing experience like myself.

Cheers
Man that is GORGEOUS

Theres a couple of sites that detail the API quite well, if you know what you are doing you can drive it using pretty much anything - postman or something.

I'm toying with writing my own app if i come up with a reasonable use case (its part of what I do day to day anyhow).
What? And have us hand over our credentials to YOU? hahaha just kidding

• Funny
Reactions: Hairyman and Ranu
For anyone that is considering looking at PPF / Ceramic Coat and wants to see the end result (I've seen heaps of questions on various forums about it) I did a quick video with the team that did mine.

Also, end result when I finally got my car home attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Dakah3 and Hairyman
Has anyone been using driver profiles associated with different keys (phones)? I've found it claimed here phone keys associated with driver profiles that, if there are two keys (e.g. driver and passenger) that the car will work out which is closest to the driver's side, but so far we seem to be getting it wrong 100% of the time. In the back of my mind, I do wonder if the car is maybe working out which phone is closer to the *left* door... ? Or maybe it's just me.
Yeah, I have two phones connected. We got Tesla to connect two separate Tesla accounts (you do this via email - 2-3 day turnaround) and I doesn't seem to switch profiles in unlock, it just brings up the last used.
Maybe fixed in V10?

Yeah, I have two phones connected. We got Tesla to connect two separate Tesla accounts (you do this via email - 2-3 day turnaround) and I doesn't seem to switch profiles in unlock, it just brings up the last used.
Maybe fixed in V10?
Linking keys to profiles came out in one of the V9 updates. We only got it ~1 week ago, and so far it's not working well! Before that it was just last used.

But you're right in a sense, given the v10 major update is around the corner, perhaps it's fixed there.

Maybe the handful of Australian Greens senators and single MP, most of the rest don't care about green credentials because the climate catastrophe is a hoax perpetuated by Thunberg and George Soros apparently

.... well, but then there might also be those who publicly campaign against EVs and policies in support of EVs, but privately let their wives/husbands drive a Tesla, because they are also the safest and most fun cars to drive.

My wondering goes right across the political spectrum - not picking on one or the other end of the political divide.

Reactions: kieranu
Surely some might be proud to publicise their green credentials and promote EVs?
If they have bought them I would definitely expect them to. Especially the likes of Di Natale, Bandt and Butler. They may be also avoiding public flack for buying luxury cars with taxpayer funded salaries. Not that they should worry about that - it's their money after all. However no doubt the liberals would try to discredit them.

Linking keys to profiles came out in one of the V9 updates. We only got it ~1 week ago, and so far it's not working well! Before that it was just last used.

But you're right in a sense, given the v10 major update is around the corner, perhaps it's fixed there.
Ah. Glad it wasn’t just me with the problem. I thought my phone was too close when the other phone unlocked the car etc. hope they fix this. In /V10

New version 10 release 30 mins ago. Seems to be a minor release

No release notes I could find.

Teslafi earlier today was showing rollout of 2019.32.11 had slowed to a crawl. First 2 days about 2000 cars of its 8000 users on each day, then 500 yesterday and only 100 today. But 2019.32.11.1 is going fast, but it is all 2019.32.11 cars that are currently getting upgraded to it.
upload_2019-10-2_15-4-16.png

I still don't have V10. P3D+ :( First waiting for the car and now that I have it waiting for firmware. haha
The wait never ends:
1. you wait for the orders to be available after reservation
2. you wait for the car
3. you wait for the firmware updates
4. you wait for the car to charge
5. you wait for work to be over so you could drive the car
the list just keeps growing.