Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question.. I charged to 100% last night to see what I could get the actual range number to (knew it wasn't going to be close to 560km NEDC).. Managed 500km exactly. What have others been able to get? (I have the M3P- )
The full detail is available here - Full charged: Model 3 Performance reads 500km at 100%, not even damn close to NEDC rating - techAU
500KM = 311 miles. The EPA rated range is 310 for AWD versions. I know it shouldn't be showing EPA range but it sure seems like it is. Of all of the different ratings, EPA is the most strict and the closest to reality.

Quick question.. I charged to 100% last night to see what I could get the actual range number to (knew it wasn't going to be close to 560km NEDC).. Managed 500km exactly. What have others been able to get? (I have the M3P- )
The full detail is available here - Full charged: Model 3 Performance reads 500km at 100%, not even damn close to NEDC rating - techAU

495km for me. But happy with that, car has more than enough range, on a recent longer run was looking at achieving 480km with aircon (Pre conditioning) , heat and seat warmers. I think the guesstimator range is variable anyway depending on many factors, I wouldn’t hang your hat on that number. I did it to get a base line mainly been charging 60-80, I think recent use may affect the 100% number.

Got version 10, no FSD, SR+
They have enabled media streaming "temporarily"!!
There's a new Spotify and Tune-in icon in the media player (new for me, not sure if full premium interior people already had this).
It all works really well.
I wonder if this has been done to get me used to it, so that when they finally roll out the paid streaming service, I'll immediately buy.

Got version 10 no FSD SR+ this morning as well.

I was just out for a drive (no wifi connected) and while parked thought I'd try a few things and everything works! Car-aoke, Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Tune-in radio, web browser etc. This is an enormous upgrade and I haven't even had the car for a week!

If there is a fee for this connectivity and it is $100 or $200 each year or frankly whatever they are asking, I'm paying it.

Got version 10, no FSD, SR+
They have enabled media streaming "temporarily"!!
There's a new Spotify and Tune-in icon in the media player (new for me, not sure if full premium interior people already had this).
It all works really well.
I wonder if this has been done to get me used to it, so that when they finally roll out the paid streaming service, I'll immediately buy.
I think it's included in V10 for everyone at this stage. I have spotify and TuneIn as well in the display. Might be additional charges after a year, as you rightly suggested (which I would definitely get). I have a premium Spotify account and listen to music/podcasts etc. all the time so will happily pay the additional $$ in the future. Have you checked out Netflix or YouTube? I was charging at Airport West a few nights ago for about 30-40mins and watched bit part of a movie :) Awesome

Got version 10 no FSD SR+ this morning as well.

I was just out for a drive (no wifi connected) and while parked thought I'd try a few things and everything works! Car-aoke, Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Tune-in radio, web browser etc. This is an enormous upgrade and I haven't even had the car for a week!

If there is a fee for this connectivity and it is $100 or $200 each year or frankly whatever they are asking, I'm paying it.
Likewise, I'd also be very interested in paying for this upgrade. Hopefully this (trial?) free connectivity is also still there when they finally start delivering to Tasmania.

Curious question though - has it also unlocked anything else? Like the rear seat heaters?

So I just decided to put a deposit down for a Model 3 and I had a few more questions so I tried to call Tesla Sales.
I got nothing for around 30 minutes and then a leave a message and any other number has an estimated wait time for over an hour.
A bit unnerving while trying to buy a car.

This forum is a good place to ask questions.
If you haven't already, go have a test drive [or two, or three]. That's what I did before placing my order.

So I just decided to put a deposit down for a Model 3 and I had a few more questions so I tried to call Tesla Sales.
I got nothing for around 30 minutes and then a leave a message and any other number has an estimated wait time for over an hour.
A bit unnerving while trying to buy a car.
Yeah - they're generally a bit busy! Also, I don't think the sales department opens until 10:00am. I called the Melbourne Chadstone store directly yesterday and got straight through.