Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just decided to put a deposit down for a Model 3 and I had a few more questions so I tried to call Tesla Sales.
I got nothing for around 30 minutes and then a leave a message and any other number has an estimated wait time for over an hour.
A bit unnerving while trying to buy a car.

Welcome to the club!!

They’re a tad busy delivering thousands of cars right now. If you have non finance related questions I’m sure if you post them here we are all happy to answer them. Although you may get 3 different answers to each question so up to you... ;-)

I find 03 9039 6000 option 3 for sales works well esp before 10am goes straight to chadstone showroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonicaPlease
Quick question.. I charged to 100% last night to see what I could get the actual range number to (knew it wasn't going to be close to 560km NEDC).. Managed 500km exactly. What have others been able to get? (I have the M3P- )
The full detail is available here - Full charged: Model 3 Performance reads 500km at 100%, not even damn close to NEDC rating - techAU
I fully charged to 100 percent yesterday in my M3P+ and also got exactly 500 km range. I Drove the car immediately down to 52 percent and parked overnight without charging. I parked in a resort undercover park and had sentry mode activated. It is now 14 hrs later and the battery is down to 47 percent and the car hasn’t been driven... vampire drain at its finest. Grrr

I fully charged to 100 percent yesterday in my M3P+ and also got exactly 500 km range. I Drove the car immediately down to 52 percent and parked overnight without charging. I parked in a resort undercover park and had sentry mode activated. It is now 14 hrs later and the battery is down to 47 percent and the car hasn’t been driven... vampire drain at its finest. Grrr

I lose 10 percent a day because of sentry mode. Sr plus. Is this normal?

Did anyone just get an email form Tesla about an owners symposium. The email says it’s on the 10th of October 2019 (a Thursday) but the blurb says they are running next Friday. I presume it’s actually Friday and just a time zone issue with the calendar.

P- no FSD, asking to install the new version this morning

Same here. Installed around 8:30am.

Also hit 75kWh of energy usage since delivery. Looks like a full charge is good for about 430km of real-world driving (or 365km, since I only charge to 85%). Averaging right around 175 Wh/km. Could probably bring that down somewhat. But where's the fun in that? :D

And Tesla was in contact regarding service to fix minor/cosmetic defects. They wanted a picture of the chips to the front windscreen. Though I'd double-check as someone here suggested that it could just be excess glue. And yep...excess glue (or something). I can scrape it off with my fingernail. One less thing that needs fixing. :)

It is now 14 hrs later and the battery is down to 47 percent and the car hasn’t been driven... vampire drain at its finest. Grrr

Try disabling sentry mode. Sentry will eat 1% every few hours. Or potentially more if you get lots of events.

Last edited:
Did anyone just get an email form Tesla about an owners symposium. The email says it’s on the 10th of October 2019 (a Thursday) but the blurb says they are running next Friday. I presume it’s actually Friday and just a time zone issue with the calendar.
Yea, I got that same email, I replied to it asking for clarification if it is next week Friday or Thursday. They have not responded.

So I just decided to put a deposit down for a Model 3 and I had a few more questions so I tried to call Tesla Sales.
I got nothing for around 30 minutes and then a leave a message and any other number has an estimated wait time for over an hour.
A bit unnerving while trying to buy a car.

Ha ha mate consider it a warning of what's to come! :) If you think that's bad wait until you see what happens after you place your order!...no calls or emails will ever get answered, you will have no idea when the car will ever arrive and when it does arrive, it will be like those stone washed Jeans where you pay more for extra signs of wear and tear on the body panels...But rest assured the Panel beaters that they ask you to contact actually do answer the phone and seem to be far more professionallly run than Tesla...

Enjoy the ride!!

Ha ha mate consider it a warning of what's to come! :) If you think that's bad wait until you see what happens after you place your order!...no calls or emails will ever get answered, you will have no idea when the car will ever arrive and when it does arrive, it will be like those stone washed Jeans where you pay more for extra signs of wear and tear on the body panels...But rest assured the Panel beaters that they ask you to contact actually do answer the phone and seem to be far more professionallly run than Tesla...

Enjoy the ride!!
Great, just what I always wanted.
On the other hand I called up Chadstone and got an answer immediately and the rep actually seemed to actually care. So I didn't cancel my order.

Reactions: baillies and Dakah3

Enjoy the ride!!

Tell it like it is Friday isn't until tomorrow! :D

Same here. Installed around 8:30am.

Also hit 75kWh of energy usage since delivery. Looks like a full charge is good for about 430km of real-world driving (or 365km, since I only charge to 85%). Averaging right around 175 Wh/km. Could probably bring that down somewhat. But where's the fun in that? :D

And Tesla was in contact regarding service to fix minor/cosmetic defects. They wanted a picture of the chips to the front windscreen. Though I'd double-check as someone here suggested that it could just be excess glue. And yep...excess glue (or something). I can scrape it off with my fingernail. One less thing that needs fixing. :)

Try disabling sentry mode. Sentry will eat 1% every few hours. Or potentially more if you get lots of events.
With Model S you can specify where not to activate Sentry mode ( e.g. at home in garage).
I hope same is possible on M3.

If anyone was keen on the Jeda USB Hub and Wireless Charging Pad, I just finished installing it and shot a video of the process -
. In summary it looks entirely OEM, the hub fits very snug and is quite difficult to get in place but is all for the better to ensure no movement.

Wireless pad works perfectly, love the mix of portrait and landscape orientation and overall works very well. I installed a Samsung 500gb T5 SSD in the hub to capture Sentry/Dash cam footage.

Is Spotify spelled "Spötify" (with an umlaut modifier on the o) in the music UI for anyone else or is it just me?

IMG_0126.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: WoodWombat