Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now why would someone want to do that :rolleyes:
Some may not want attention. I asked for the option of removing model badge on my current car for that reason. Take people who know what they are looking at to be able to tell what it is.

Asked Tesla if they had that option awhile ago. They said no but as the other poster said, it's just glued on so you can remove later (with heat, I guess).

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Some may not want attention. I asked for the option of removing model badge on my current car for that reason. Take people who know what they are looking at to be able to tell what it is.

Asked Tesla if they had that option awhile ago. They said no but as the other poster said, it's just glued on so you can remove later (with heat, I guess).
It's really easy to do. A hair dryer (with care) and then go through the glue with a bit of dental floss. Then clean residue and you're done.
If you decide to put the badge back you just put on new bits of double sided tape.

I'm looking for insurance quotes for my Model 3 Performance and wondered what other people were quoted and what cover it includes.
At the moment I'm looking at GIO 'Platinum' which is $2,449.90/yr with $1,200 excess. Why such low excess? I'm worried that someone might key my car, throw random stuff at it or worse. I'll have Teslacam but its still good to have low excess.
The cover on it was pretty good but here was some of the best parts of it.
  • Lifetime new car replacement (conditions apply)
  • GIO Platinum windscreen and window glass cover (including sunroof, must have)
  • Hire car after an event for unlimited days
  • Choice of repairer (another must have for a Tesla)
Anyone else got anything better?

I'm looking for insurance quotes for my Model 3 Performance and wondered what other people were quoted and what cover it includes.
At the moment I'm looking at GIO 'Platinum' which is $2,449.90/yr with $1,200 excess. Why such low excess? I'm worried that someone might key my car, throw random stuff at it or worse. I'll have Teslacam but its still good to have low excess.
I got the same cover as well. Did they specifically add the roof glass to your cover or is that included in the windscreen cover?

I got the same cover as well. Did they specifically add the roof glass to your cover or is that included in the windscreen cover?
I read up on the policy and its included.
I called them up about it on the phone and the guy gave me all of the Platinum features included for the cost of Comprehensive (its still labelled Platinum though so I'm not being lead astray, alls falls under their PDS) which I was pretty happy about, otherwise it would have been around $3,000 which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for.

If all goes well I'll put my Subaru onto GIO too saving a further 10%.
Definitely recommend going through the PDS so you know exactly what your getting yourself into.
For example when it comes to the Platinum Lifetime Car Replacement the car MUST be under 13 months of the purchase date otherwise you are invalidated. So you have to pretty much be with GIO from the start.

I've added where it says about the sunroof. I also confirmed with the rep on the phone that this supports the Model 3s roof.
Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 11.42.02 pm.png

Last edited:
Driving in to a narrow underground car park I did notice how wide the turning circle is.

I can confirm the turning circle is not small, but then again, I've been driving Octavia VRS and its pretty nimble in comparison. Its closer to my old 2005 Vectra's turning circle. Looking at the wheels, not a real surprise, the M3 does have a seeming long wheel-base.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
There is a specific thread about Model 3 Insurance
Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

That white interior sucked me in hard... I was originally fine with the black but then I saw the white interior for real at Chadstone and that was the end of the LR AWD.
I feel for you... and I get it :)

I’m quite annoyed that white interior is available on all variants in the UK (and they get DAB+ radio too) - but not here. That makes no sense to me! What physical or mechanical differences, if any, exist between the UK version and ours???? Can’t they just ship UK ones here?? :confused:

Last edited:
I feel for you... and I get it :)

I’m quite annoyed that white interior is available on all variants in the UK (and they get DAB+ radio too) - but not here. That makes no sense to me! What physical or mechanical differences, if any, exist between the UK version and ours???? Can’t they just ship UK ones here?? :confused:
Yeah, it boggles my mind a bit.
Every other left hand drive country except the UK only gets either white on Performance or no white (afaik)

What is the difference like seriously? The only one I know is that the UK uses a stupid mix of imperial and metric but thats just software. Maybe theres something else causing them to not give us all white options.

Dont really care about DAB radio though, we have TuneIn which works pretty great and Australia has pretty good mobile coverage.

I was originally fine with the black but then I saw the white interior for real at Chadstone anddd that was the end of the LR AWD.

Having a white interior, I can tell you hands down that it is an amazing colour. Glad I got it. Also probably helped me get the car super fast, as I didn't have a reservation and ordered some time in June then changed the day of the white interior release.

Reactions: DavidRL