Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed faster ghost power drain since upgrading to software version 10.

I frequently leave the car with sentry mode on for 24+ hour periods. With version 9, I noted roughly 3% drain per day. I installed version 10 yesterday around 1pm. Post install I was at 33% battery, and now (8:15am) I am at 26%.

Somewhat concerning.......
@cregor Yes, do notice the battery drain with Sentry Mode on. Why is that concerning? Do you have access to a wall charger at home/garage? Not being rude, but I don't have access to a wall charger (no garage) and still manage to get by. Definitely wasn't aware of the battery drain prior..

Tesla finally got my delivery right on the third Friday attempt in a row (previous two deliveries failed). It is easy to forget the terrible service when you drive the car.

I have encountered a new problem. I have a hitchhiker. I can’t get my 10 year old son out of my car :) I think the Model 3 is his first girlfriend. He’s in love.

I can’t image what the performance Model 3 acceleration is like. My SR+ is amazing.

I took my 82 year old grandmother for a ride. I doubt she calmed down enough for her afternoon nap when I dropped her back home.
mate, we are so effing happy for you!!! YES!! Welcome to the family PROPER..Loving that your 10 yr old and your 80 yr grandma have both enjoyed the experience. Drinking a glass of Oakridge Pinot and high-fiving myself as I read this (yes..very sad)..Congrats!!

I have the same nav data as yours. I spoke with Tesla support on Thursday and asked if I could get AU-2019.24 nav data update. They checked something and said that my model does not have that update available yet so they cannot push it. Not sure how some people got it.
Same issue with me with my PM3+. Just got the 12.1 system software but still the 2018 maps. At least there are quite a few of us so thinking if they fix it for one they fix for all

got my Tesla today. Looked pretty good apart from front underside panel scratched and towhookcover broken. Was noted by tesla already though. paint is dirty and needs a proper clean but panelgaps are actually really good.

Is there a reason can only draw 8 amps from a standard outlet? Should go up to 10 amps, shouldn't it?
You can change it on the charging screen in the car. A lot of people report 8A from a 10A GPO and 12A from a 15A GPO. I could only speculate on the reason.

got my Tesla today. Looked pretty good apart from front underside panel scratched and towhookcover broken. Was noted by tesla already though. paint is dirty and needs a proper clean but panelgaps are actually really good.

Is there a reason can only draw 8 amps from a standard outlet? Should go up to 10 amps, shouldn't it?

The rule of thumb for continuous loads is 80% of the rated peak output.

Congrats mate.
pulling constant max power from the socket for hours at a time can build up heat so Tesla has chosen to limit it to avoid causing fires. the mobile charger does 8A (2kwh) from 10A socket, 12A (3kwh) from 15A socket. When I got the garage charger installed, the installation manual clearly specifies, that you need to install a 40A cabling and fuse to draw 32A from the charger.

How is everyone’s LTE connection? Mine drops out when the car is asleep. If I open the app on my phone it won’t connect to the car, I get “waking up” for a minute then “vehicle connection error”. If I go and sit in the car there is a crossed line through the LTE signal bars. After a few minutes of sitting in the car it comes good and goes back to 5 bars of LTE and everything works. When I leave the car and walk away it drops out again within a couple of minutes. I don’t have Wi-Fi signal in my garage and don’t really want to have to install it.

Not really. You get used to it. Long distance driving is about pacing yourself, correct diet, resting when tired and practice. Avoiding driving beyond your normal wake/sleep cycle is also critical.
My wife and I once drove Sydney to Adelaide via Orange in a day (around 1500 km). We left Sydney at 6am and arrived in Adelaide at 1am the next day.

Even though we shared the driving, and took decent breaks, it was the single most stupid and dangerous thing we have ever done in our lives. We were beyond exhaustion when we got to Adelaide. It is only though luck that we did not kill ourselves doing it. Never, ever again will we be so idiotic and put our safety and the safety of other road users at risk.

How is everyone’s LTE connection? Mine drops out when the car is asleep. If I open the app on my phone it won’t connect to the car, I get “waking up” for a minute then “vehicle connection error”. If I go and sit in the car there is a crossed line through the LTE signal bars. After a few minutes of sitting in the car it comes good and goes back to 5 bars of LTE and everything works. When I leave the car and walk away it drops out again within a couple of minutes. I don’t have Wi-Fi signal in my garage and don’t really want to have to install it.
My LTE appears fine after car wakes up from sleep in the morning, Car does not go to sleep during day as the sentry mode keeps it awake. However things that use it, are a bit unstable, for instance if I keep the karaoke songs streaming while driving the song often stops in the middle and if I hit the pause button it displays load error. No such issues with wifi connection.
Another update this morning to 2019.32.12.2......
Mine just started downloading 2019.32.12.1

Seoul Express has arrived in Sydney early this morning

64697CE0-FECD-48A1-9FB3-AD2790DC6C51.jpeg

It's finally here! What a beautiful car!

Model 3 P-
Res 13/01/18
Ord 31/05/19
Delivered 10/10/19
VIN 5036
Odo 7km
Arrived with 87% charge

Fit and finish is amazing. There was a scrape on the plastic trim under the right side of the car however.
It was on the top above the driver on the Carways truck, so the rear is splattered with bugs. Will need a good wash. Unfortunately the wall connector is missing. Tesla will be sending me one.

One odd thing which I hope someone here can help me out with before I contact Tesla. I accidentally turned on the wipers while driving, and now above 80km/h there is this flapping/tapping rattle noise coming from directly in front of the driver's seat. This noise goes away when operating the wipers however. Anyone else come across this?

View attachment 464507 View attachment 464508

That's an easy problem to fix (I had it too) - it's the water fluid hose that has come loose and it's damn body at 80kph+.

To fix, simply pop the bonnet, then open up the service area at the top (it's just clipped in), and you'll see in the top left area (as you look at the car) the wipers cable and bottom of the wipers themselves. Now go into the car and put the wipers in service mode (it's in that menu and it makes them easier to fix), then go back and clip / reroute the plastic tube back through the clips up there.

Once done, before you clip everything back in place, test the wipers to make sure the water works and the movement is unhindered. After this, clip things in and you're good to go.

Hope this helps!