Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD LCT and Price rises for FSD

Question: Given the announced price rise for FSD coming 1 November, for those of us who dont yet have a car so still have to think about this - is it cheaper to get the FSD with the car and pay Luxury Car Tax (eg in my order now, fixed, before 1 Nov price rise) or to defer FSD until after delivery (even if its at the newer higher price) and then buy it without the tax as an after market item.
Gotta get my spreadsheets out and work this out!

Reactions: MonicaPlease

Question: Given the announced price rise for FSD coming 1 November, for those of us who dont yet have a car so still have to think about this - is it cheaper to get the FSD with the car and pay Luxury Car Tax (eg in my order now, fixed, before 1 Nov price rise) or to defer FSD until after delivery (even if its at the newer higher price) and then buy it without the tax as an after market item.

Some previous calculations at Post delivery FSD purchase for Model 3 not available online

Reactions: DavidRL

Question: - is it cheaper to get the FSD with the car and pay Luxury Car Tax (eg in my order now, fixed, before 1 Nov price rise) or to defer FSD until after delivery (even if its at the newer higher price) and then buy it without the tax as an after market item.

FSD may cost us $10000 after the price rise. Assuming you're getting better than an SR+, 33% of this is $3300 on top as LCT.
I'm not ordering that until after I have the car, if at all. I already hate that this has to be the most expensive car I've ever purchased!

FSD may cost us $10000 after the price rise. Assuming you're getting better than an SR+, 33% of this is $3300 on top as LCT.
I'm not ordering that until after I have the car, if at all. I already hate that this has to be the most expensive car I've ever purchased!
May being the operative word, I doubt it will go up here until they increase available functionality HERE. Pretty sure last price hike in Australia was when they confirmed lane change on indication. So won't increase until smart summon or NOA is available here. Also, currently its about $11.5k for FSD if you purchase with the car, with possible exception of SR+, so still better to buy after purchase even if it does go to $10k.

Noticed that the 150Wh/km needed to reach the 500km range claimed in the UI is actually attainable when driving with the climate control off.

Of course with the climate here that's an exercise in masochism most of the year.

With my charger not working since Friday, I've been doing some super smooth driving.

From Surrey Hills to Richmond service centre: 135Wh/km and that's with a fair amount of stop/start traffic.

I can easily do 140Wh/km even with A/C running. Did over 90km on Sunday and each time averaged around 140Wh/km and that's with a performance model, in sports mode (didn't use chill)

Reactions: Vostok and Hairyman
First paragraph: "a ground-up redesign that asked engineers" this should be "design" since it did not start from anything S related other than the basic concepts.

First paragraph about Flush Door handles: "These obviously come at a greater expensive than passive door handles" should be "expense. Also, cost-saving should be hyphenated.

Second paragraph about Aero Wheels: "If you’re Model 3 " really, do I have to say?

Third paragraph about the glass roof: "is avaialble thanks to the battery" misspelling.

Third paragraph regarding the Minimalist Dash: "a non issue", this should be hyphenated.

Later in the same section: "addition of Buggy Racing 2". Not 100% sure here, but isn't the game called "Beach Buggy Racing 2"?

First paragraph of the Steering Wheel section: "You interface to driving the Model 3", should be "Your"

Third Paragraph of Steering Wheel section: "I defintiely think the wheels", "number of vehicle operaitons", "features is admitedly a lot less often", "something only availble with" spelling mistakes (might want to spell check the whole document).

First paragraph of Performance Section: " the geforces applied", should be "G-forces" or more formally "acceleration" or just forces since technically, the g-forces are constant since you are on Earth, the dominant source of gravity in the area.
"100km/hr.": should be "100km/h" since the SI unit for time is "h", not "hr".

Second paragraph of Performance Section: "speed, you’re adrenaline" should be "your".
"I’ve had behidnd the wheel" another spelling error.

Third paragraph: "Most cars with this much performance are pretty average to drive at low speeds, but at all speeds, the Model 3 is just plain easy that anyone could drive it": This sentence make very little sense.
"ensure all 4 wheels acheive maximum" should be "four" and "achieve".
"There’s no screaching tyres" Should be "screeching"
"different than other" should be "from", things differ from other things, they don't "differ than other things".

Fourth paragraph: "When you need to turn, accerlerate, brake, turn accelerate again, the car feels nible and responsive": "accelerate", "nimble"

At this point I ran out of patience. The content of the article is not bad, but it needs a lot more editing!

OMG are you my high school English teacher???

Tesla hasn’t responded to my deposit refund emails for weeks, so I just did a chargeback through amex.

Tbh I wouldn’t even bother emailing them if anyone else is in a similar position. Waste of time, but you have to attempt contact so you can tell the credit card company you tried.

I'm same situation - took delivery 26th Sep. She did warn me they're way behind on that paperwork just so many cars, plus because the original transaction was 2+ years ago it takes in my case VISA a long time to process it. So she warned me it may be 3-4 weeks. (remember it's illegal to send people money by unmatched chargeback on a credit card, so the credit card company has to match it to original record from years ago so it doesn't surprise me it takes a while).

I'm same situation - took delivery 26th Sep. She did warn me they're way behind on that paperwork just so many cars, plus because the original transaction was 2+ years ago it takes in my case VISA a long time to process it. So she warned me it may be 3-4 weeks. (remember it's illegal to send people money by unmatched chargeback on a credit card, so the credit card company has to match it to original record from years ago so it doesn't surprise me it takes a while).

Amex sent me a letter, and have already applied a permanent refund to my account. So that was pretty fast IMHO.

Any recommendations for achieving this?

Regenerative braking. Prepare well ahead to slow down. Ignore the people up your arse who are getting annoyed because you slow down too early. And let the car slow down until the very last moment, using the brakes as little as possible.

And after that, I always make sure that when accelerating, the black bar showing power usage, under the speedo never exceed 2cm to the right.