Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

A = Single Motor - Standard
B = Dual Motor - Standard or Performance
C = Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 Battery (31-40 kWh)

A and B make sense, but what does C mean?

The above definition of 'C' seems to be a Model S reference - probably means something else for the Model 3.

Yes. C - old reference. The decoder hasn’t been updated for some time

Reactions: Random206
I was trying to look for that kw/h reading for the trip but I could not figure out how to get it for the whole trip, it only appears to show last 10km, last 25km or last 50km, but not the whole thing. The last 50km came up as 124 Wh/km and strangely when changing from % to range, it suggested the remaining 10% would be 50km range remaining, which did not make sense as it used 90% of battery to do 320km, so in my opinion the 10% should be just over 32km. When the car was at 100% charge, then changing it to display distance showed range of 390km which now afterward appears a bit optimistic also.
I really hope they will start putting charge options in the larger petrol stations spots along highway, as I had to stop in 2 of those on the way anyways to get coffee and donuts and let some passengers to use restrooms, would have been awesome to get 15-20 minutes charge top-up during those stops :)

Your prayer has been answered.

Wild Horse Mountain services is getting two 350kW and one 50kW charger on the Evie network. Opening at the end of October 2019.

I was trying to look for that kw/h reading for the trip but I could not figure out how to get it for the whole trip, it only appears to show last 10km, last 25km or last 50km, but not the whole thing. The last 50km came up as 124 Wh/km and strangely when changing from % to range, it suggested the remaining 10% would be 50km range remaining, which did not make sense as it used 90% of battery to do 320km, so in my opinion the 10% should be just over 32km. When the car was at 100% charge, then changing it to display distance showed range of 390km which now afterward appears a bit optimistic also.
I really hope they will start putting charge options in the larger petrol stations spots along highway, as I had to stop in 2 of those on the way anyways to get coffee and donuts and let some passengers to use restrooms, would have been awesome to get 15-20 minutes charge top-up during those stops :)

Interesting, thanks. If you'd done 124Wh/km the whole trip I'd expect a max range of 403km, given the 50kWh battery. So the original 390km seems reasonable. I I wonder if the power usage includes aircon though? If not, is there a way to work out how much it
s using? Seems fairly crucial to know for long trips.

Your prayer has been answered.

Wild Horse Mountain services is getting two 350kW and one 50kW charger on the Evie network. Opening at the end of October 2019.
On the way back when I was at about 12% I got back to Helensvale and since PlugShare was showing a charger there at train station, I turned in there to see if I can get some extra charge and hop through a shop to get some snacks, but the charger there is still under construction also. I really hope they complete that one soon.
P.S. The Caboolture BP would be a perfect spot for a few charging points as there are plenty of food sources and everyone stops there anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonicaPlease

If you scroll to the right in the bottom right corner section you will get to the trip meters. One of these is usage since last stop, another is since last charge, (which for me is usually all of today), another is a trip meter you can name and reset, the last one is lifetime usage. Each of these give kms, kwhs and wh/km.

P.S. The Caboolture BP would be a perfect spot for a few charging points as there are plenty of food sources and everyone stops there anyways.

I agree on Caboolture.

Plugshare has a new Evie charger at Beerburram (Chochin Creek) McDonalds opening at the end of October...

That is perfect for us on the Sunshine coast, as we can avoid Supercharging in Brisbane, on trips to Brisbane or road trips further South...

EDIT:: CaptianPugwash beat me to the punch...

Reactions: HighlyCharged

To get to the trip computers you have to press the windscreen wiper button in the bottom right of the screen, then swipe right. Swiping left gives you tyre pressures.

Because trip computers and tyre pressures logically fall under windscreen wipers right...?

• Funny
Reactions: TaylorP and Vostok
View attachment 467762

I’ve just spent 15 minutes watching the traffic across the harbour bridge into Sydney. I didn’t spot one model 3. I don’t think the half bottle of champagne I’m drinking affected my vision. Really! :cool:

Just returning from brief USA holiday, which included a Tesla factory tour in Fremont. Amount of Tesla sightings of all types on the roads was simply amazing (both in Los Angeles and San Fracisco). Traffic in the US was too frantic for me to observe if any of them were driving on autopilot or not.

Reactions: maveric74