Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A pair of new MODEL 3 key FOBs. $150 each USD, in stock (purchased in California
pHZNu66bTDWYlfFV%6MHIQ.jpg
pL%L19J4REuyJJdEdB18Hg.jpg

I call BS on that one. Yeah, they probably heard it from someone who’s wife’s brother’s girlfriend’s cousin’s -ex, who lived with someone who worked at Tesla 12 months ago.

As if Tesla would turn down an order that will bring them in another USD 50k revenue. They need the cash flow. How would they even track it? And even if it was policy, it would be so easy to get around it. Create a new Tesla Account.

Nope, unless someone posts a screenshot from their Tesla account of an attempted order that was rejected with this reason as the explanation, this is total bollocks.

"5% power boost coming via OTA update to my Performance Model 3 in a few weeks HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG (and 5% for ALL Model 3, plus a 3% power boost for S and X). "
I listened to the podcast and am actually a bit more excited about the little snippet they said just after the increase in power. They mentioned that they are looking at increasing the supercharge speed for SR and SR+ models with near future update :)
That will make me very happy.

Reactions: baillies
Really? Who says.

As if Tesla would turn down an order that will bring them in another USD 50k revenue. They need the cash flow. How would they even track it? And even if it was policy, it would be so easy to get around it. Create a new Tesla Account.
Nope, unless someone posts a screenshot from their Tesla account of an attempted order that was rejected with this reason as the explanation, this is total bollocks.

It is literally on their website (at least for returns). Also people on reddit have reported having orders cancelled. (this applies to the US site) For rejections, people have reported similar pressuring tactics during handover. Obviously I don't think anyone in Aus has rejected one, but still. Would be interesting to see what happened if you did.

upload_2019-10-24_19-16-47.png

This is return post sale because you don't like the car, not rejection at time of delivery because of faults etc.

Return isn't even an option in Australia.

I know, I posted that and specifically said US.

But what I'm also getting at is that they would have to un-register the vehicle to you name if you rejected it. Not even sure how that would work. I don't think you'd have a very happy or accommodating staff. The terms of the order agreement even say you can get a full refund until the car is registered in your name. I don't think you'd have much of a way out of it at that point. Even if you haven't paid, given the cooling off period would be long gone.

I call BS on that one. Yeah, they probably heard it from someone who’s wife’s brother’s girlfriend’s cousin’s -ex, who lived with someone who worked at Tesla 12 months ago.

Wow, Vostok you need to clam down why so much hate? I just posted an article from insideevs.
Even in New Zealand I still don't know who my wife’s brother’s girlfriend’s cousin’s -ex is.

• Funny
Reactions: baillies