Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all... Vinless here. First bit of summer heat for Adelaide today and assume heading for eastern states. What's your thoughts on the glass roof. Thanks
I am still waiting to hear back from Tesla if the roof shades are available to try them. They are listed on the Australian accessories page, but do not appear to be in stock. I can feel the heat radiate through the roof glass when driving as the AC on auto setting is not strong enough to get the cool air all the way to the roof, however if you change AC to manual and dial up the fans, it does get pretty comfortable.

TeslaFi showing 32.12.4 has been released with a number of people receiving it starting today.

Attachments

• 2885D458-A02E-4081-934A-83356C7E01A4.png
    2885D458-A02E-4081-934A-83356C7E01A4.png
    392.5 KB · Views: 66
  • B3FDA6BD-98CA-4EB0-B298-709BC9399852.png
    B3FDA6BD-98CA-4EB0-B298-709BC9399852.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 66
Return isn't even an option in Australia.

Impossible. Elon said he'd fix it!

I am still waiting to hear back from Tesla if the roof shades are available to try them. They are listed on the Australian accessories page, but do not appear to be in stock. I can feel the heat radiate through the roof glass when driving as the AC on auto setting is not strong enough to get the cool air all the way to the roof, however if you change AC to manual and dial up the fans, it does get pretty comfortable.

I have a pair. They're sitting in the the back of my car, in Brisbane, at the bodyshop. In fact all of the accessories I had ordered, aside from the two I really wanted (all-weather trunk mat and wheel-cap kit), were with Tesla when I showed up for my service appointment.

No idea how well they work (since I went straight from Tesla to the bodyshop), and agree that the auto AC is too weak on a sunny day. I feel like most of the heat is coming through the front windscreen though; the roof doesn't actually let much thought. Possible the shades won't do much.

Impossible. Elon said he'd fix it!

I have a pair. They're sitting in the the back of my car, in Brisbane, at the bodyshop.

No idea how well they work (since I went straight from Tesla to the bodyshop)

ahh isn’t it great to own a Tesla? I’m in the same boat. Other car brand owners get to pick up their brand new cars and go on a road trip. We get to book in the body shop and drop it in there for a few weeks to bring it back from a “well used 2nd hand car” to what it should have been.

I have a pair. They're sitting in the the back of my car, in Brisbane, at the bodyshop. In fact all of the accessories I had ordered, aside from the two I really wanted (all-weather trunk mat and wheel-cap kit), were with Tesla when I showed up for my service appointment.
I gave up on waiting Tesla to get me wheel-cap kit and ordered a third party one online, It came quickly, but so far I don't actually mind the aeros, so have not tried them. Have been using a black blanket in the boot and also go ta 3rd party frunk mat, that actually looks rather nice as the frunk looks unfinished without having a mat. I still want floor mats (the ones that came with performance versions but were left out for SR+, was hoping to get the roof mesh sun screens and a towing option once that gets available here. If I am lucky some of those may be made available before the next push for car deliveries.

We've had a few recommendations for side windows tinting in this thread. If you've tinted your Model 3 side windows and are based in Melbourne can you please share your experience?
  1. Can you see the bottom of the film at the side windows when the doors are closed?
  2. Your choice of tint film
  3. Did you tint any roof glass panels?
  4. Cost of tinting
  5. Are you satisfied and would you recommend them?
I want to get the side windows tinted (at least) before summer comes.

We've had a few recommendations for side windows tinting in this thread. If you've tinted your Model 3 side windows and are based in Melbourne can you please share your experience?
  1. Can you see the bottom of the film at the side windows when the doors are closed?
  2. Your choice of tint film
  3. Did you tint any roof glass panels?
  4. Cost of tinting
  5. Are you satisfied and would you recommend them?
I want to get the side windows tinted (at least) before summer comes.

use dr. Tint in Bonbeach (Damian is his name)

Dr Tint
10 Dunk Cres, Bonbeach VIC 3196
0402 305 279
Google Maps

Does everything by hand
Brought all my cars to him
Did only the 4 side windows and it looks great, no need to do the rear window
Not sure what you mean by bottom of the film but the windows are perfectly tinted

Reactions: Majkey
Wonder when we will be getting the Elon purported 5% power increase and range increase software update?!
Its already been released.
Tesletter on Twitter
So probably 1-2 weeks.
Maybe longer.

Also, it was literally 5% performance increase so actually acceleration.
If we put it to 0-60mph which is 96.5606km/h which is 3.2 seconds.
Then that means you have an acceleration of 0-60 in 3.04 seconds, 0-100 is now 3.24 seconds
Which is just insane.

Its 5% for all Model 3's and 3% for S and X.
This was in this tweet.
Ryan McCaffrey on Twitter

I'm unsure if all the Model S's and X's will get it.
This article did a reasonable job explaining it.
Major Tesla Updates Coming: More Power, Single-Pedal Driving, Faster Supercharging | CleanTechnica

Also single-pedal driving mode which improves range and is more comfortable too apparently.
And looks like Standard Range and Standard Range Plus are getting faster supercharging.

Really some software updates to enjoy here.