Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is there as well, they seem to be the got to people for Tesla work, the shop looks pretty good and the people are nice to deal with.
I have seen movies about places like this. It all looks nice and pretty in the front but the patients are trying to sneak out the back to escape. Looks like the cars might be trying to escape through the back...

• Funny
Reactions: matsoutback
The body shop charged my car about 30 minutes ago. Hope that means I can have it back soon. :)

Been spying on them via the app, after having the trunk open for several days (some paint issues on that part) it finally closed today. They also had the frunk and doors open for awhile today (ditto paint issues). Everything closed up and car on the charger now.

Also forgot to disable sentry mode when I dropped off the car, so it would enable itself every time they moved it (I'd toggle it off via the app when I noticed). Power drain was crazy if/when I forgot to turn it off while they were working, like 3-4% charge per day. When I managed to keep it off the car lost < 1% per day.

My understanding is they're the only officially approved (whatever that means) bodyshop for Tesla in QLD. Though I also heard they're in the process of approving a second shop in Caloundra (no ETA), which would have made my warranty repairs much more convenient.

not true. there is one approved bodyshop in Cairns (stanleys panel) and also one in townsville (not sure which one it is).

Yeah, is same with v9. Certain roads will lock you in or around the speed limit if you go into autosteer also.

I tried to get 2019.32.12.4 (or any v10 really) this morning to enable my rear camera for Sentry after my rear plates were stolen but they said that the latest software update my car was marked for was 32.2.4 so that's all they could give me.

Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't get the update pretty much right away. Give tech support a call and ask them to push it through.

Where do I find the number for tech support?

Just by way of an update from the south island... 23 Model 3s have been delivered to Tasmania here in the last 2 weeks (many of them spotted but all confirmed via registration records). There have also been two Model Ss and a Model X in this time.

That makes it an almost equal number of Model 3s, than there are S and Xs combined over the last 4 years!

I'll share the regos here, since most of them are consecutive it's not hard for anyone who has seen a few Model 3s here to get this list:

upload_2019-10-29_22-4-29.png

Did you have a delivery date, or had just been told to expect delivery sometime in October?
Someone mentioned on the other thread the configurator said Feb 2020 for performance version. I haven't verified this. I have ordered since June 1st, and haven't got my car yet. This indicates huge backlog for the performance variant. You will get one sooner trying your chance on an SR+.

And Feb 2020 in Tesla time is probably March or worse April. Best to be pessimistic when waiting for a Tesla.

Did you have a delivery date, or had just been told to expect delivery sometime in October?
No official delivery date, but when I ordered in late Aug the website said Oct was the expected delivery timeframe. Now it's Feb 2020 (or perhaps Mar/Apr as people who've been through this process speculate. Good thing I didn't payout the lease on my existing car!

This whole Tesla thing is certainly an "experience" to say the least. Not that I'm complaining, but you wouldn't want to be someone who needs everything to run exactly as you expect. Aside from the crystal ball approach to delivery, I've also had my wheels changed from silver to grey. Again, I don't mind because they both look good, but what if I really wanted the silver?

I also don't really know what the actual process is. Can someone who's taken delivery please explain it?

1. pay $3K reservation
2. wait...
3. asked to update details online
4. wait...
5. find out your car will now have different coloured wheels
6. wait...
7. hear back to find out your delivery date is pushed out by 4 months
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???

Apparently the next step is you get assigned a VIN? I know what a VIN is but does that mean the car is in the country?
Then what? Assign a car to the VIN? Then wait for shipping?

Hopefully this car is worth it...

I just got notification that my Model 3 (P3D) delivery got bumped until Feb 2020 :-( Original date was Oct 2019.

Anyone else receive similar news?

How did they notify you? Call, email? Also, can you give more details (Reservation, Order date, Changes, Config, etc.). I am a Aug. 2018 reservation holder, 1/6 order, P3D+ w/w FSD (changed to white interior first day). I have been worried about a Feb delivery, finally caved and sent Melbourne Delivery an email this week asking about delivery date and got the stock answer that I don't have a VIN and expected delivery is still late Nov / Dec. So at least they did not explicitly tell me Feb.

No official delivery date, but when I ordered in late Aug the website said Oct was the expected delivery timeframe. Now it's Feb 2020 (or perhaps Mar/Apr as people who've been through this process speculate. Good thing I didn't payout the lease on my existing car!

This whole Tesla thing is certainly an "experience" to say the least. Not that I'm complaining, but you wouldn't want to be someone who needs everything to run exactly as you expect. Aside from the crystal ball approach to delivery, I've also had my wheels changed from silver to grey. Again, I don't mind because they both look good, but what if I really wanted the silver?

I also don't really know what the actual process is. Can someone who's taken delivery please explain it?

1. pay $3K reservation
2. wait...
3. asked to update details online
4. wait...
5. find out your car will now have different coloured wheels
6. wait...
7. hear back to find out your delivery date is pushed out by 4 months
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???

Apparently the next step is you get assigned a VIN? I know what a VIN is but does that mean the car is in the country?
Then what? Assign a car to the VIN? Then wait for shipping?

Hopefully this car is worth it...

Ah, thanks. We cross posted. Unfortunately Feb seems realistic at this point given you ordered in late August with no reservation. Sucks the website said October! Plenty still vinless with early reservations and first day orders (I originally ordered May 31). I really doubt you would slip beyond Feb.

How did they notify you? Call, email? Also, can you give more details (Reservation, Order date, Changes, Config, etc.). I am a Aug. 2018 reservation holder, 1/6 order, P3D+ w/w FSD (changed to white interior first day). I have been worried about a Feb delivery, finally caved and sent Melbourne Delivery an email this week asking about delivery date and got the stock answer that I don't have a VIN and expected delivery is still late Nov / Dec. So at least they did not explicitly tell me Feb.
Got notified via email after I sent a question asking for a delivery ETA.