Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a more appropriate thread on this forum, for whinging about delivery wait times, sharing order dates/models, vs. receipt of hidden VIN, invoice, delivery info, etc.

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

Loads of sharing of info, on that thread. It appears that there has been a flurry of upbeat impending delivery indications, over the past week.

P3+ MSM, white interior.
Ordered July 6, updated to white interior.
Hidden VIN appeared today, Nov 7.

Last edited:
I'll be collecting a LR AWD soon and starting to plan necessary accessories.
Tesla sell a frunk matt which seems to be carpet. Does anyone know whether the frunk is totally waterproof?
I'll be collecting a LR AWD soon and starting to plan necessary accessories.
Tesla sell a frunk matt which seems to be carpet. Does anyone know whether the frunk is totally waterproof?
I have driven on highways in heavy rain and had no ingress of water

Found a more appropriate thread on this forum, for whinging about delivery wait times, sharing order dates/models, vs. receipt of hidden VIN, invoice, delivery info, etc.

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

Loads of sharing of info, on that thread. It appears that there has been a flurry of upbeat impending delivery indications, over the past week.

P3+ MSM, white interior.
Ordered July 6, updated to white interior.
Hidden VIN appeared today, Nov 7.

Thanks for the tip, I will head over to that thread for more info.

I've had the SR+ just on a week now, 860km later and love it.

A few observations:

- Single motor still has plenty of go, coming from almost any ICE car you won't be disappointed
- It drives solid on the road
- 3 car seats do fit (just). Currently got 2 forward facing and one rear facing. Bit tough to get the little guy in the middle seat but is OK. Wouldn't recommend this for everyday use.
- Range is fine, real world freeway range on full charge is 320km, more if going 100km/h or less. My daily drive from Gisborne to Moonee Ponds is averaging 150Wh/km.
model 3-1.jpg

- Road noise is a little greater than expected at 100-110km/h. Lots of discussion around this.

The lead up to the delivery was a disappointing experience, just a total lack of communication. Once I finally got the call to schedule delivery, communication was very good. Handover was very straight forward and the car was all good. I've only noticed one issue with some wind noise from the passenger window that I need to check out further.

My car arrived in August and the date stamp on the 12V battery confirms it was replaced and part of the reason for a delayed delivery.

12Vbattery1.jpg

Anyone who is sitting on the fence about buying a Model 3... just do it, you won't be disappointed.

A little gets into my seals area when opening the frunk but not seen any get into the main compartment.
Have you opened the actual boot in the rain? I have seen video of water just sluicing straight off the back window into the boot, but also heard some people say that this has been fixed. It is not a uniquely Tesla problem as I understand it, but probably something to be aware of if it is still an issue.

Have you opened the actual boot in the rain? I have seen video of water just sluicing straight off the back window into the boot, but also heard some people say that this has been fixed. It is not a uniquely Tesla problem as I understand it, but probably something to be aware of if it is still an issue.
I have had the opportunity (well more of a had to do it) to open the boot in full rain a couple of times now over a month of ownership. I have a SR+ and it does have a rubber seal around the boot. The problem depends on the intensity of the rain. With a standard drizzle the water flows off the rear windscreen and hits the rubber seal and does not enter boot but flows sideways and down without causing any issues. you may get a little in the boot but not excessively. If the rain is coming down real hard as it sometimes does in Queensland, then the flow of the water fills the gap between the rubber seal or even just flows over the seal and will start dropping in the boot. Looking at the older youtube videos, the issue has been remedied to a point where up to medium rain it is no longer a problem, but with heavy rain the issue remains. Though with that heavy rain and the boot open you also get rain going straight into the boot also, so it is not just the water flow off the boot lid and rear window. Also if you do not open the boot all the way there is a higher chance of some water off the half open boot lid to flow into the boot, but with fully open lid that chance is much lower.

I have had the opportunity (well more of a had to do it) to open the boot in full rain a couple of times now over a month of ownership.

Thanks for that. It's great to hear the actual experiences by current owners. Woodwombat, my original question was about the froot (frunk, front boot, whatever!) and as yet I'm not sure that there won't be water entry. What the hell, even if there is I'm sure some smarty will have an after market solution!

I have started a thread for geographically coordinated group buys of Jeda hardware to save a bit of shipping. Perhaps even get a discount coupon out of them. Head over if you are interested.

Jeda USB group buy

I was also thinking that passing the items on to the other members of the group would be a good excuse for a local Model 3 meetup :)
Doh. Great idea but a week too late for me. Hope others join in.