Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other thing is that this clause is intended to target those for whom their Tesla is their primary business and not incidental to it - namely, Uber drivers, car rental/hire companies, etc. where income is directly earned as a result of the vehicle being used. If the usage is incidental, i.e. your primary business is making widgets and you are using your business-registered car to visit clients A, B and C then I doubt Tesla would say you can’t use a Supercharger.

The issue Tesla is mainly concerned about is not the cost of the electricity but Superchargers being occupied / blocked up by people directly making money out of their cars. That’s not the purpose for which the Supercharger network was built nor dimensioned. If you are buying Teslas to directly make money out of them, you should install your own dedicated charging facility and use that.

im pretty sure that if we never had those tesla taxis popping up in the USA and people who used superchargers near their homes (remember when tesla used to send you a text message to tell you to stop supercharging next to your home all the time?) then the network would still be free to use.

Reactions: crustovich
After the installation of 32.12.4 (SR+, FSD), my car has also started to have this strange click noise when using AP and car stops.
This has posted in other forums for the newer version of software as well.
Anybody else noticed?
No, one new car at least in NSW appears to have received 36.2.1 today (P3, I'm guessing FSD given they got v10 within 2 days of connection to Teslafi)

No, one new car at least in NSW appears to have received 36.2.1 today (P3, I'm guessing FSD given they got v10 within 2 days of connection to Teslafi)

Not trying to nag but I don't think any Australian cars "received" the 36.2.1 update today.
Most likely, This car received the update days ago when the other 3 Australian's on TeslaFi got theirs and the guy only just installed it today.

Not strictly. Myself, and a guy I know both have SR+s with 2019.36.2.1. Teslafi, last I checked, showed a P with it in NSW, too.

The number of AU/NZ cars that got 36.2.1 appears to be very small, overall.

Just got off the phone with Tesla asking about this because I have a “software” update available but stuck message. Turns out this might be an error update for our region and my car has been taken off the list as they can’t see it anymore.

Asked if this means if an update is in error / is fully applied what happens. Engineering can forcibly downgrade/upgrade or change firmware if the issue is important enough, it updates at night while plugged in. Even if you don’t accept the update. I would expect that if this is indeed an error they would do this. Sad :(