Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to get some lunch and my car is now saying please connect to Wi-fi to download 2019.36.2.2. I suspect there was something Australia specific they needed to limit or do and that is why we did not get the 36.2.1 rolled to us and now they will give us the 36.2.2. Unfortunately I am at work, so will not be able to connect the car until I get home in about 5 hours. It will be a long day.

I happened to get some lunch and my car is now saying please connect to Wi-fi to download 2019.36.2.2. I suspect there was something Australia specific they needed to limit or do and that is why we did not get the 36.2.1 rolled to us and now they will give us the 36.2.2. Unfortunately I am at work, so will not be able to connect the car until I get home in about 5 hours. It will be a long day.

Same here... but i'm desperate enough to hotspot at lunchtime!

Same here

Mine as well. Just finished installing 2019.36.2.2. Seemed to happen on its own, although other possibilities are:

1. This morning I repeated the 'Tap and hold' and 'Tap 5 times' on the 'Advanced' button process. Nothing appeared to happen at the time.
2. Tesla has been in contact about scheduling my Homelink install (and delivering the trunk mat and wheel cap kit), they prebooked it in for the 4th but I'm on holiday then so had to have them reschedule for the 11th. They're using the mobile service for this, so no trip to Brisbane. :)
3. I got the feedback survey for some warranty repairs that were done last month, and left an appropriately scathing response.

I think 36.2.1 just happened to be limited release to sort bugs. Looks like 36.2.2 is much wider release. I don't know of what has changed between the two.
If we look at Australia, than that appears to be true, as only very select few here got 36.2.1 and 36.2.2 appears to be rolling out to most Australia and NZ cars now. If you look world wide, than no one outside Australia and NZ appears to be getting 36.2.2 and everyone else is getting 36.2.1 still :) 36.2.2 might include some specific restrictions to comply with our regulations here?

Just installed 2019.36.2.2 and I now have smart summon, just tried it and it works! Also got hold, traffic cones and scheduled departures woohoo!
Yeah, turned off creep mode yesterday to help transition to "hold" single pedal driving. Scheduled departures will be a bonus if I install HPWC.

I don't get the fascination with the traffic cone thing. I can see them just as easily or better looking at the road and it doesn't impact the way the car drives, it already navigates traffic cones fine in autopilot

Last edited:
I assume the traffic cones is to demonstrate the car is looking at other things apart from road lines to navigate?
I was wrapped we got smart summon, assumed it would not get passed our draconian road regulations.
The "hold mode did not work for me out of the box (still creeped) and even when I selected it in the options, still not working. Will play with it some more this evening.