Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will need to balance any price rise against the possible lack of demand due the people not wanting to spend money in these interesting times. We have already heard of people cancelling their orders due to the not wanting to spend money at this time.

I've seriously considered cancelling my P+ mainly because I would be able to go and buy a fairly nice car with cash shortly or I proceed to purchase the P+ and have a large finance debt on it...

I've seriously considered cancelling my P+ mainly because I would be able to go and buy a fairly nice car with cash shortly or I proceed to purchase the P+ and have a large finance debt on it...

If you've got a current price locked in and keep it, you should be able to probably sell it quite easily once the new repriced cars come through next quarter with the updated AUD-USD rate taken into account which will be quite a jump in price i'm guessing.

If you've got a current price locked in and keep it, you should be able to probably sell it quite easily once the new repriced cars come through next quarter with the updated AUD-USD rate taken into account which will be quite a jump in price i'm guessing.
So is that what Elon meant by saying Tesla’s cars will appreciate in value? :p

Yeah, if you were sitting on the fence you'd probably want to lock in an order quickly!
I've been procrastinating for 6 months, technically waiting for the appearance of the LR RWD. I ordered a blue SR + this week, inspired by the falling exchange rate and a helpful mate, who suggested "why don't you buy a model that's available"!!

True, but if someone orders now my understanding is Tesla will honour the price displayed when the deposit is paid.

Yes, absolutely they will (ACCC rules dictate this).....may be a long wait for the car to arrive but at least when it does it will be vastly cheaper then anybody order after the expected price rise.....could go up between 15-20% after LCT/Stamps etc. (however I have seen in the past Tesla try to absorb some of the increse, may be different this time).

If you don't want a "long" wait time why not order from "existing inventory"? Brand new cars most likely on a ship that haven't been allocated for various reasons:
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave3333
Yes, absolutely they will (ACCC rules dictate this).....may be a long wait for the car to arrive but at least when it does it will be vastly cheaper then anybody order after the expected price rise.....could go up between 15-20% after LCT/Stamps etc. (however I have seen in the past Tesla try to absorb some of the increse, may be different this time).

If you don't want a "long" wait time why not order from "existing inventory"? Brand new cars most likely on a ship that haven't been allocated for various reasons:
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
If anything cars including Tesla's will be cheaper to finance... Peppers current fixed comparative rate will drop soon by at lease 0.25 down to 3.64%

Reactions: MonicaPlease
If anything cars including Tesla's will be cheaper to finance... Peppers current fixed comparative rate will drop soon by at lease 0.25 down to 3.64%

No sure where you're coming from....
  1. I'd rather pay $110K at 3.89% (current rate) than $132k at 3.64%
  2. Secondly nothing stopping you buying at $110k now and when the car comes also financing at the cheaper rates (win/win)

Do have an rough estimate of how many have been delivered vs produced? Presumably nearer to 4000?
Telsfi is tracking ~ 150 Model 3s in Australia which would represent ~ 5% of the local fleet.

The aim is to deliver them all by end of quarter. I am not doing estimates on deliveries (I'll leave that to others) - I'm only reporting actual production.

The ones that won't be delivered in this number are:
* some cars on the later ships for Perth and Tasmania
* cars still requiring corrective action
* owners who cancel/could not take delivery and be reassigned
* unmatched cars in inventory
* cars delayed at Autonexus (am not seeing any issues here currently) or with the transporters

I'm currently working on prior year stats.

Reactions: baillies
Started to have a think about my free Supercharger credits that expire after 6 months from memory. I've still got a bit over 2500km worth to use up by the 1st week of April. We were planning on a country driving trip over easter but i'm guessing that's going to be cancelled now and working from home and less driving means i'm guessing their going to just expire.

Started to have a think about my free Supercharger credits that expire after 6 months from memory. I've still got a bit over 2500km worth to use up by the 1st week of April. We were planning on a country driving trip over easter but i'm guessing that's going to be cancelled now and working from home and less driving means i'm guessing their going to just expire.
We live in Tassie - no superchargers! Haven't been able to use my credits at all. I did ask about that at the time of purchase, and they told me then that they wouldn't expire, but that was just one sales rep, so who knows.

I don’t know whether SC credits expire or not, since I forgot to order my car using a referral link :rolleyes: but given they are only worth ~$100 on a $75k - $110k car, I was fairly Zen about it.

I don’t think we are banned from driving anywhere (apart from interstate where borders are closed), and while we are exhorted to not take holidays, visiting relatives etc would seem to me to fall under the “compassionate” reason for wanting to go somewhere.

Yes I had the same thought that I would lose them. I keep getting emails from hotels and airlines suspending loyalty program status. Maybe Elon will give us an extension?