Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In response to the cracked rear glass, Tesla says that it's only a warranty item under certain conditions - e.g. if the crack originates at the heating strips or something else to do with the glue. They've sent me a quote for about $1500 (since they won't know if it's a warranty item until they look at it) which I have to accept to proceed.

Pretty disappointing.

I'll be making it clear I expect it to be treated as a warranty item. The vehicle is only just over a year old!

So much for EVs being cheaper to own! ;)

Reactions: corndog
In response to the cracked rear glass, Tesla says that it's only a warranty item under certain conditions - e.g. if the crack originates at the heating strips or something else to do with the glue. They've sent me a quote for about $1500 (since they won't know if it's a warranty item until they look at it) which I have to accept to proceed.

Pretty disappointing.

I'll be making it clear I expect it to be treated as a warranty item. The vehicle is only just over a year old!

So much for EVs being cheaper to own! ;)

Hey I've just had a similar issue and rep reply, though he said I could stop in to service centre for a minute and have a tech verify its a warranty claim. Took the tech about 3 seconds to identify it as defective glass. Doing some online searching it seems to be a fairly common fault with the glass.

Interesting. My M3LR is probably onboard given the estimates of a delivery date from Tesla. So if I get a China sourced vehicle versus a US one, am I concerned, happy or neither? I'm new to all this stuff............

If your in Europe and cold Winters your probably concerned about Chinese sourced because of Heat Pumps and LFP Batteries.

If your in Australia you should be happy. Chinese build quality, LFP Batteries are ideal for our climate and Heat Pump issues shouldn't be a problem here.

Are LFP batteries in Model 3 LR or only in SR+?
Only SR+. They're too bulky for the LR.

The cars are designed with enough space for LRs to have a floor full of 2170 cells. The old SR+ with 2170s didn't need all that space - it needed about 2/3 of it. So, while LFP cells are bulkier - they need more space to provide the same storage, it doesn't really matter, since the SR+ battery area was 1/3 empty to begin with.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Tip - Cancelling model 3 turn signal / indicator
Treat the indictor as a toggle switch - Probably obvious to everyone else, but it took me a while to work this one out. In most cars when you need to turn your indictors off, you simply move the lever back to centre in opposite direction to the current indication. This of course works on the M3 too, but it is hit and miss and I often find it unintentionally ends up with the opposite turn signal coming ON. Annoying and confusing to other drivers when passing. This is because lever is momentary and self centres on release. Instead simply move the lever momentarily in the same direction as current indication and it toggles them off. Far more reliable and works every time without fear of inadvertently signalling he wrong way.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok