Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automatic Car washes ?
To date have only hand washed my 3. I am feeling lazy and my car is not so precious after 18 months. I imagine many of you are using Automatic car washes like the ones at BP.
I only hand wash, but I had my car ceramic coated which makes hand washing super easy. Even after my wife drove it for over 3000km around regional NSW and VIC and it was splattered with bugs all over. 30 mins and it‘s done.

Automatic Car washes ?
To date have only hand washed my 3. I am feeling lazy and my car is not so precious after 18 months. I imagine many of you are using Automatic car washes like the ones at BP. Any issues? Manual says to use touchless car washes, but I suspect many people ignore this. I suppose wipers to off & select neutral. Any other pointers other than not to do it ;)

Hand wash only for my tesla. <snip>

I only hand wash, but I had my car ceramic coated which makes hand washing super easy. <snip>
Yes I fully understand why it is good to hand wash.
Anyone around here prepared to own up to using an Automatic Car wash and give some feedback on the experience? To my OP I can add fold mirrors in, wipers to manual/off and in place in Neutral. In some places you have to exit the car prior to entry, in which case you need to select tow mode. Otherwise weight coming off drivers seat when u get out applies the Park brake.

Maybe I was lucky but my car had zero paint issues, and the Alexandria delivery space is very well lit. Where was your delivery?
Melbourne - Richmond
If its paimt scratches you will struggle. If its paint defects like runs or grit then clearly you could not have causes that
Yeah, its paint that has flaked off on the inside lip of frunk, not scratches.

Well my wife took the car today and curbed the front wheel. FAAAAAAAK…anyone know a place to get that repaired...
Wheel Solutions in Richmond. Just down the street from Tesla. I think they quoted me around $180, but I ended up not getting it done. I think like @Vostok I became a bit chilled about it and now I will revisit a repair nearer to when I sell the car.

• Informative
Reactions: race4life81
Wheel Solutions in Richmond. Just down the street from Tesla. I think they quoted me around $180, but I ended up not getting it done. I think like @Vostok I became a bit chilled about it and now I will revisit a repair nearer to when I sell the car.
Thanks @Flatbat ! I will go see them in a couple of days.. While I agree with being chill, I‘ve barely had the car for a couple of weeks.. so will see what it will cost.

Reactions: Flatbat
Weird / Newbie question, my HPWC struggles to connect properly to my car. It takes 3-4 goes before the connection is stable. Is this something that normal or should I get someone to come and check if the charge port on the car or the HPWC is wonky.. been like this since Day 1...I have to line up the bottom semi circular part and then 'plug' it in.. YT videos make it look easy so I am checking if I am doing something wrong

Reactions: AussieOwner
Update on my “Paint” issues, turns out it was some sort of glue residue likely due to the shipping protection, how embarrassing :oops:

The rear tail light panel gap was addressed by the mobile service tech in the form of removing the tail light and bashing the body with a hammer, it was painful to hear. Not sure the end result is much different to how it started, but Its not really an issue.

Update on my “Paint” issues, turns out it was some sort of glue residue likely due to the shipping protection, how embarrassing :oops:

The rear tail light panel gap was addressed by the mobile service tech in the form of removing the tail light and bashing the body with a hammer, it was painful to hear. Not sure the end result is much different to how it started, but Its not really an issue.
Bashing the body….doesnt sound convincing as a solution.
Its not your job to remove their shipping residues.

Weird / Newbie question, my HPWC struggles to connect properly to my car. It takes 3-4 goes before the connection is stable. Is this something that normal or should I get someone to come and check if the charge port on the car or the HPWC is wonky.. been like this since Day 1...I have to line up the bottom semi circular part and then 'plug' it in.. YT videos make it look easy so I am checking if I am doing something wrong

Had this as well... eventually pins or plugs or something got looser. Mine slips in like butter now 😏😏

• Funny
Reactions: race4life81