Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im not sure i see the point of removing the aero's and switching to 19s, why not just make it an option like everywhere else.
Yeah I don't know why RHD markets lack options. Why can the SR and LR models not opt for white interior? Why can't all models opt for 19s? Why can UK buyers choose a tow bar but NZ & Aus can't?

There are some bizarre choices when it comes to options for us.

I guess it's the small market, the majority of the world is LHD
NZ market is another small slice of a smaller market.
add logistics into the mix. I guess someone figured they could
sell LR AWD with 19" and push some to M3P to get white interior for more $$
More profitable and less complicated then the cost of offering more options in a very distant small market

UK is much larger market than NZ, 66+ million UK v almost 5 million NZ, quite a difference
UK also has the new FSD visualizations NZ and Au don't

Guess Tesla most likely doesn't want the headache dealing with the complications offering to many options for NZ Small market. We are probably lucky that they are here at all.

UK is much larger market than NZ, 66+ million UK v almost 5 million NZ, quite a difference
UK also has the new FSD visualizations NZ and Au don't

Guess Tesla most likely doesn't want the headache dealing with the complications offering to many options for NZ Small market. We are probably lucky that they are here at all.
I'm not going to give them an out because of that. The RHD cars are all made at the same time so it's not like there's an extra overhead giving NZ those options that the UK already has. Making an LR AWD with white interior for NZ requires no extra work for them than making an LR AWD with white interior for the UK.

FSD visualisations being missing is more about regulatory approvals.

I'm not going to give them an out because of that. The RHD cars are all made at the same time so it's not like there's an extra overhead giving NZ those options that the UK already has. Making an LR AWD with white interior for NZ requires no extra work for them than making an LR AWD with white interior for the UK.

But it does require more in country support, service and parts to be held.

Tesla seems happy once it has its distribution network setup to ship many other parts round.

And that argument doesnt hold for say the white interior which is just restricted to one model so they have to support parts for it anyhow.

Tesla did promise the NZ market a towbar but are not going to deliver. I'm a bit pissed about that because I checked with the sales rep several times and it was one part of he decision to buy the 3.