Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, they're usually pretty quick to accept members as long as you give them proof that you are an owner (ie, rego, VIN or Order Number). If you want to get in touch I can see what I can do to help you?
Well I think I must have filled the form out at https://www.teslaownersclub.co.nz/ about 3 or 4 times over the months since my car was delivered back in September. Each time with no response, I gave up
I did receive a random email out of the blue in February about a Tauranga meet , I've heard nothing before or since

I expected some sort of welcome or introductory email....or something with some information
not just email invite to a Tauranga meet up which I could not attend

Last edited:
Reactions: CAM3RON
Well there's a first, Tesla have a second hand M3 for sale
Std range+ 6386km $75,784

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

what is with the NZ pricing at present? Model 3 SR+ going for $79,990 new, seems to be $13,000 more than the comparable US SR+.

US price: $38k USD
Current exchange rate 0.655
US price converted to NZD: $58k
Plus 15% GST: $66,700

personally I am waiting for the SR Model Y, but if the pricing is going to be comparatively this bad I’m not sure when I will end up getting one.

Shipping to NZ also has to be factored in....pretty expensive shipping
Maybe if the base model M3 had been sold in NZ things would have been different

Way back only seems to go back to September 2019
has M3 SR+ at $75,900
Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

Unfortunately I think the pricing for the NZ MY would be around the same difference, if not worse
comparing US M3 to NZ M3 prices. Unless they start making M3 and MY for APAC in China

personally I am waiting for the SR Model Y, but if the pricing is going to be comparatively this bad I’m not sure when I will end up getting one.
Recent tweets indicate that Model Y SR is cancelled and they reduced the USA price of the Model Y LR AWD by $3,000 USD. Model Y LR RWD is coming to USA late this year, but it appears that will be the lowest price Model Y for the foreseeable future.

The NZ TOC is still talking to them about an approved towbar...
I heard EV Stealth Solutions from across the ditch has already started the compliance work in NZ with a local distributor for their Stealth Hitches and ready to go in a couple of weeks. They are Stealth's exclusive distributor across ANZ. I believe they will roll it out the same way they have in Oz and partner with local installers so owners can have entire supply & installation option.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
I heard EV Stealth Solutions from across the ditch has already started the compliance work in NZ with a local distributor for their Stealth Hitches and ready to go in a couple of weeks. They are Stealth's exclusive distributor across ANZ. I believe they will roll it out the same way they have in Oz and partner with local installers so owners can have entire supply & installation option.