Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issues with spotify randomly stopping
LTE strength looks fine, spotify will randomly stop
wont work again unless I select a none streaming service usb, or radio
some times switching to tunein and back to spotify it will start working again
car is running 12.2

Has anyone had issues with spotify randomly stopping
LTE strength looks fine, spotify will randomly stop
wont work again unless I select a none streaming service usb, or radio
some times switching to tunein and back to spotify it will start working again
car is running 12.2

Yes similar issue with Spotify not recovering after moving out of and back into reception.

Picking up my Model 3 on Tuesday, can not wait. I am going to take it on the Inter-islander, I know a couple of people have made that trip already, any tips for the ferry?
I picked up my Model 3 in Auckland and drove it down to Christchurch with no issues.

Here is a few notes about the trip:
1. The Auckland Supercharger was located in the basement under the Tesla showroom. You need to touch the Tesla Supercharger location on the map to get the code to open the roller door.
2. The Rotorua Supercharger was a few blocks from the shops. I arrived at about 11pm, so only MacDonalds was open. Car was charged by the time I got back.
3. Used 15% SOC to 'keep climate on' overnight on the Desert road. It should have been less but I accidentally had the window slightly open.
4. Wellington ChargeNet outside TePapa (Barnett Street carpark) was across the road from a supermarket. The 50kW charger took about 1hour 20 mins to 92%. Talked to quite a few people about the car. Then a fire engine pulled up and the crew looked the car over. They were all quite knowledgeable. The driver is getting a Model 3 at the end of the year.
5. Queued waiting for the ferry, a red Model S Signiture (2013?) was lined up in the next lane. He had just purchsed it off Trademe and was driving down to Ashburton. We chatted on the ferry trip.
6. Leaving the ferry at 6pm I had 91%, arrived in Christchurch at about 11pm with 17%. Drove conservativly at 90-95kmh, same speed as the trucks. Loved seeing the energy usage over the Hundalees. It sucked heaps of energy getting to the tops but recovered almost all of it coming down.
7. Christchurch Supercharger to 80% in about 25mins.

• Informative
Reactions: Richt
I picked up my Model 3 in Auckland and drove it down to Christchurch with no issues.

1. The Auckland Supercharger was located in the basement under the Tesla showroom. You need to touch the Tesla Supercharger location on the map to get the code to open the roller door.
2. The Rotorua Supercharger was a few blocks from the shops. I arrived at about 11pm, so only MacDonalds was open. Car was charged by the time I got back.
3. Used 15% SOC to 'keep climate on' overnight on the Desert road. It should have been less but I accidentally had the window slightly open.
4. Wellington ChargeNet outside TePapa (Barnett Street carpark) was across the road from a supermarket. The 50kW charger took about 1hour 20 mins to 92%. Talked to quite a few people about the car. Then a fire engine pulled up and the crew looked the car over. They were all quite knowledgeable. The driver is getting a Model 3 at the end of the year.
5. Queued waiting for the ferry, a red Model S Signiture (2013?) was lined up in the next lane. He had just purchsed it off Trademe and was driving down to Ashburton. We chatted on the ferry trip.
6. Leaving the ferry at 6pm I had 91%, arrived in Christchurch at about 11pm with 17%. Drove conservativly at 90-95kmh, same speed as the trucks. Loved seeing the energy usage over the Hundalees. It sucked heaps of energy getting to the tops but recovered almost all of it coming down.

That's awesome, thanks very much for the info, it will help me plan a bit better as I had no idea how the charging would work out.

Cheers

You said Rotorua Supercharger. Do you mean Taupo Supercharger?

Hi everyone, I have been a huge fan of Tesla for a while now. Last year installed a solar system and Tesla Powerwall 2, it has been an excellent system. Today my wife and I visited the store in Auckland and then ordered the AWD Long Range model in white. very excited.
We are in Howick, Auckland and have seen a few Tesla models around here.
Hey congratulations! I’m very jealous of your home energy system - I’d love to do the same but I live in an apartment, which makes it more complex!

@DanBoy - well done for being so patient. I can only imagine the torture of seeing and reading about Model 3s in NZ and not having yours yet!

I picked up my M3 yesterday and have driven it back to Christchurch. The car is hands down the best thing I have ever driven, I had an S for a couple of months through rental and the 3 just seems more ‘nimble’ and I certainly find it a bit more comfortable as the driver. I am just a bit concerned about speeding tickets as you are up to 140km/h in a flash when passing :)

The delivery was quick and easy, I could not see any obvious problems apart from a big dirty fingerprint on the passenger sun visor and oddly no water in the windscreen washer. Overall quality seems great, although I admit I haven’t, and probably won’t, measure any panel gaps.

I picked up my M3 yesterday and have driven it back to Christchurch. The car is hands down the best thing I have ever driven, I had an S for a couple of months through rental and the 3 just seems more ‘nimble’ and I certainly find it a bit more comfortable as the driver. I am just a bit concerned about speeding tickets as you are up to 140km/h in a flash when passing :)

The delivery was quick and easy, I could not see any obvious problems apart from a big dirty fingerprint on the passenger sun visor and oddly no water in the windscreen washer. Overall quality seems great, although I admit I haven’t, and probably won’t, measure any panel gaps.
Enjoy your new 3 as I've really enjoyed my 3 over the last 6 weeks. Overall quality on my 3 is good just a few paint issues which is being sorted next month by Tesla. Make sure and buy Tesla's tyre repair kit.

Reactions: Richt