Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 initial impressions (and compare to. BMW 5-series)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cabin noise is actually one of my biggest complaints about Model 3 right now. After several months with the car - I greatly prefer driving it over the BMW. But if I could get one thing fixed - it would be cabin noise. It is a lot worse than the BMW - and more noticeable because there is no engine noise.

I installed those weather sealing strips on the doors. Took about 30 minutes in total - super easy. Made a noticeable difference in road noise, IMO and if anything, the doors close with a more solid thunk than before. They're certainly no more difficult to close.

My car has basically ZERO wind noise - only road noise, and only on cement. It's silent on asphalt.

Just want to leave a note here - couple weeks ago I did install the 3M rubber strips on the doors.
There is a marked improvement in cabin noise. It's still very far from a BMW - but a lot better now. Note - it doesn't help with wind noise above 75 mph, but for lower speeds it's great. Three of my doors are not any harder, but the rear passenger-side door is noticeably more difficult to close (and I can't figure anything obvious causing that).

Just want to leave a note here - couple weeks ago I did install the 3M rubber strips on the doors.
There is a marked improvement in cabin noise. It's still very far from a BMW - but a lot better now. Note - it doesn't help with wind noise above 75 mph, but for lower speeds it's great. Three of my doors are not any harder, but the rear passenger-side door is noticeably more difficult to close (and I can't figure anything obvious causing that).

Can you provide a link to the product you used?

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover