Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Is MotorTrend’s Best Compact Luxury Sedan Of 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
The entry level Tesla sedan is still going strong and it topped MT’s sedan charts that contained only ICE rivals.

We know the Tesla Model 3 is a great little sedan that is no longer just good compared to other EVs, but also when compared to conventionally powered rivals. It is not that often compared to these gas- or diesel-burning three-box models, but when MotorTrend did it, the publication crowned the Model 3 as its best sedan buy of 2021.

The Model 3 was close to winning their 2020 car of the year competition, but its quality control niggles ultimately robbed it of the top position (although even making it among the finalists was an achievement in and of itself). This is what MotorTrend had to say about the car this year, which to be frank seems like a bit of negative description for their top sedan pick:

“The Tesla Model 3 came very close to taking home our 2020 Car of the...

Continue reading...

Is M3 a luxury sedan now? What defines a luxury car, besides its brand name?
At this point, I would assume the features a car has defines it as luxury. The Model 3 is just a cabin with a screen and some seats, so there's not really much "opulence" to be had. But, it's got every seat heated, the best infotainment, pano roof, and a great audio system. If it didn't have these things, I agree that it probably wouldn't be luxury, and probably would be more like a well-equipped Mazda 3.

Reactions: NinjaFoot
Title should just be “one of the best cars ever period”. When I’m annoyed at the things I dont like with this car, reality always hits me cause there isnt anything I can afford that I would want to replace it with at this point in time. I dont consider myself a Tesla loyalist, hell, I ended up with this car because I was strolling the mall and there was a test drive event and bam! Didnt know I needed to get rid of my 3 series until that point.

Title should just be “one of the best cars ever period”. When I’m annoyed at the things I dont like with this car, reality always hits me cause there isnt anything I can afford that I would want to replace it with at this point in time. I dont consider myself a Tesla loyalist, hell, I ended up with this car because I was strolling the mall and there was a test drive event and bam! Didnt know I needed to get rid of my 3 series until that point.

I think it's the second-best daily driver in automotive history, after the Model Y, at *ANY PRICE*.

I hate how Tesla is handling FSD, I really don't like the seats, and the lack of CarPlay/Android Auto annoys the hell out of me… but everything else is worse overall.

HOWEVER, it's not a luxury car in anything but price as far as I'm concerned.

Im coming from a 2020 Ram Limited.... after the test drive it is a downgrade. But i miss my Golf R, i hate 12mpg and i like free money back from rebates. Oh, i was also offered $3.8k more than what I bought the truck for after 6 months and 9k miles.

20210406_080509.jpg
20210406_075915.jpg

Man that’s a nice truck.
There is nothing better truck wise in my opinion for the interior, even a fully loaded platinum i think gets bested by these rams inside. Air rides like a mercedes SUV. Powertrain is lacking though and MDS is poor activating and deactivating (not super smooth like rest of the truck.)

Sucks, basically feel like I will never have a nicer truck. I can finally say i feel i over achieved in regards to niceness though!

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
There is nothing better truck wise in my opinion for the interior, even a fully loaded platinum i think gets bested by these rams inside. Air rides like a mercedes SUV. Powertrain is lacking though and MDS is poor activating and deactivating (not super smooth like rest of the truck.)

Sucks, basically feel like I will never have a nicer truck. I can finally say i feel i over achieved in regards to niceness though!

I bet! For the longest I was looking at a Rebel with Air Suspension. The new F-150's are nice interior wise.

Reactions: Pyre