Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Tesla Model 3 LR as 2nd EV, Have some questions

Hello. I'm looking to buy a 2nd EV to compliment my MachE (which I love and has been solid and now SO is on board with going full EV after a good experience). I'm looking at the Model 3 LR as it's smaller (don't need another SUV size vehicle) and has exceptional range. I have a few questions. Excuse the MachE comparisons but it's what I have the most experience with.

Dash Cam - Is it true I can use an small SSD or USB to record via front camera while driving? This is one thing I wish the MachE had standard, as well as Sentry Mode.

The website says the Model 3 has 360 camera view. Does that mean I can put camera in mode to see in real time the environment around the car? The MachE has it (called Bird's Eye view) and I find it invaluable when pulling into my garage. Same thing?

Glass - Does the Model 3 LR have double thick glass? Website does not say. I've read mixed from online research. I enjoy this in the MachE and am hoping this is the case as it really cuts down on road noise.

Y glass comes blacked out, does current Model 3? (no need to tint?)

Seats and ride - is ride compared to Model Y more bumpy, harsher, better, same? Comfortable on long road trips? Seats in M3 are identical to Y yes?

Range - is stated range of 358 fairly accurate? What is real world average? My MachE is rated at 270 but I average 304 in ideal conditions. Anywhere near 340 would be great.

If an owner purchases the speed upgrade via the app (I understand this is a thing) can I flip between original 358 range mode and performance so if I want the best range it is still available post upgrade?

I've read Spotify App is buggy. Tracks cut out etc. Is this still a thing? If so, are people using bluetooth to stream music primarily?

Thank you in advance

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC