Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model 3 MIC condition - is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon all,

Looking for some input please based on the condition of my new 21 MIC model 3 that I collected in March 2021.

The car is currently with the Tesla Service center as the car has several issues:

- scratches on the vehicle (attached example of some markings on bonnet)
- markings on the brake pedal strut
- water leaks inside on the windows when raining and when I wash the car

The service centre have got back to me and said that they have removed the scratches with a polish and paintwork wasn’t needed (not sure how reliable this will be?)

They have also said that the water leaking inside is normal when washing car or raining as the windows are frameless - is this true? (Attached actual screenshot of comment)

Lastly, they have said the marking on the pedal strut are also as designed - does anyone have this? Image attached also.

Any input would be greatly appreciated please, so that I know if I should challenge further.

Thanks,
Teza

Attachments

• DFA07BE3-AC55-463E-BFCD-C0A70D2A5167.jpeg
    DFA07BE3-AC55-463E-BFCD-C0A70D2A5167.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 248
  • D8E8263D-EB3A-450B-9CBD-F6652A551D8C.jpeg
    D8E8263D-EB3A-450B-9CBD-F6652A551D8C.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 159
  • F154C2A3-88D1-4353-B8F7-9F66D220A4E8.jpeg
    F154C2A3-88D1-4353-B8F7-9F66D220A4E8.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 175
  • 2626DA69-A654-4D66-955F-B8E1218AD8FC.jpeg
    2626DA69-A654-4D66-955F-B8E1218AD8FC.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 170
Paintwork was fine on ours, so glad they're sorting it for you.

Weld/solder runs on the brake pedal have been reported before, pretty sure if you search the forum you'll find other pics. It doesn't affect the performance of the brakes/pedal and you wouldn't normally notice them unless you have your head in the footwell, so I would be surprised if they do anything about that.

Our March 2021 M3 doesn't leak in the rain, nor has it when I've washed it. The idea of a seal is that it does just that.. seals. They can't tell you the seal is working as designed if its letting water in. Its one thing if you're firing a pressure washer at it, but it shouldn't leak when driving in the rain.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Teza
My window seals look similar to yours, with some dampness in-between the seals. However, no rain gets into the car itself. Are you getting water in the car when the windows are closed? As they’re frameless, a high pressure jet of water will make its way in (this also happened with my frameless BMW Mini), however rain shouldn’t be getting in.

Reactions: Big Earl and Teza
My window seals (where the glass touches the rubber) pretty much look like yours after a wash. So long as actual water is not getting into the car then I think that’s normal.

My accelerator pedal looks like that too. Only noticed a few months into ownership.

Paint scratches on delivery are obviously something that needs to be resolved.

To echo the above;

Pedal - if it's the weld then yes mine has that too, only really noticeable if you look closely at the pedal.

Windows - you'll get moisture/condensation when it rains/washing the car between the seals and the glass but you shouldn't get it actually dripping or running down the inside of the windows (unless you pressure wash at high pressure directly onto the seal)

Good afternoon all,

Looking for some input please based on the condition of my new 21 MIC model 3 that I collected in March 2021.

The car is currently with the Tesla Service center as the car has several issues:

- scratches on the vehicle (attached example of some markings on bonnet)
- markings on the brake pedal strut
- water leaks inside on the windows when raining and when I wash the car

The service centre have got back to me and said that they have removed the scratches with a polish and paintwork wasn’t needed (not sure how reliable this will be?)

They have also said that the water leaking inside is normal when washing car or raining as the windows are frameless - is this true? (Attached actual screenshot of comment)

Lastly, they have said the marking on the pedal strut are also as designed - does anyone have this? Image attached also.

Any input would be greatly appreciated please, so that I know if I should challenge further.

Thanks,
Teza
Is your condensation on the fixed window or on the door glass?