Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is a Prius moment: Got in wife's plug in Prius because I was hauling a dirty tire and lead acid battery and pressed start. The fob worked perfect! I put it in reverse and the damn wipers started! Found the shift knob and backed up. Turned the wipers on again trying for drive! Pressed the "gas" pedal 1/2 inch and almost nothing happened! Had to go another inch before we started "accelerating". When I got to where I was going I pushed the door open button and the window rolled down!

I had one lady out for a walk with the stroller stop by on Tuesday evening while I was out washing the Batmobile. She was cruising and suddenly stopped and asked, "Is that the Model 3?" I said, "Yeah" and said "I've heard about them but I've never seen one in the flesh so to speak."

At the coffee stand, the coffee girl was out working the cars collecting orders and she just stopped and stared at it for several seconds then she said, "This is a beautiful car."

But, my favorite are all the teenyboppers with their Civics, Imprezas, and loud "angry hornet" exhausts that want to race me. I rarely even bother, but occasionally I'll give it about 1/2 power and smoke them, then they just fall back and follow respectfully knowing they can't touch me. I always get a little chuckle out of that.

I was driving home yesterday, stuck in traffic of course, and coincidentally surrounded by four OTHER brand new Model 3s!

None had plates, only mine.

It reminds me of the days I'd have a sore arm from playing Slug-Bug as a kid, there were so many of them.

There are now a LOT more Teslas in the Bay Area!
This is heartening news. It seems the media only says bad things about Tesla 90% of the time these days.

I basically can't drive anywhere without getting attention, thumbs up, big grins, and/or positive comments. A guy in a Jeep actually wolf whistled at m̶e̶ the car. But had a particularly nice little Moment this week that I thought I'd share:

I was sitting in the car with the Mobile Service Tech a couple days ago discussing a weird creak noise coming from the front right side of the dash/A-pillar area. An older gentleman in a power wheelchair pulled up alongside (we were in a parking lot) and seemed like he had something to say, so I rolled down the window.

Fellow: "Hi there, is this car for rent?"

Me: o_O

Fellow: "I've seen them around and would sure love to feel what it's like to ride in one."

Me: *reaches into glovebox and hands poster for DriveElectricVictoria 2018 to the man* "Myself and many other EV owners will be giving free rides and some cars will even be available for test drives at this event. I really hope you'll be able to come!"

I felt badly to not be able to offer him a ride on the spot, but needed to rush home to sort out dinner for the kids. But he was so happy, I think I made his day!

Oh jeez, yesterday was pretty funny. I drove my mother and my kids to go blackberry picking. On our way back, we stopped to get ice cream and were sitting on a bench in the parking lot to enjoy it when a Hummer dripping in Chrome pulled in.

My daughter wrinkled her nose and said “what is that thing?” I chuckled and explained that it’s the opposite of what we drive. Meanwhile, the Hummer driver and his wife/girlfriend have come over to the Model 3 and are circling it right in front of us.

The guy says “It’s not bad”

My mother, unable to contain herself, pipes up “Not bad?!? What don’t you like about it?!” (while I’m internally thinking “uh oh...”)

The guy comes over and says that his mother had a reservation for one but cancelled it due to not liking the way it looked. At that point I said, “Oh too bad, she’ll probably regret it if she has a chance to drive it”. He asked if it was my car and how I liked it. I shared my top favourite aspects and talked about our motivation to drive zero emissions as a good example for our children. He then asked if I saw what he was driving. I couldn’t help myself & since he seemed to have a good sense of humour, so I replied “Yeah, that’s a bit embarrassing, huh?” ;)

He laughed and we chatted a bit more about range, etc before they went on their way.

Over took a douche with 2 very attractive girls in his 911 Turbo Cab on my way home from work.
He passed a bunch of folks in the right turn lane before cutting over in front of others to the left on his way to the red light.

When the light turned green I knew he was gonna floor it... his engine was screaming as he kept looking over perplexed as he couldn’t pass me... the look on his face was priceless.... he backed off and made the next right so he wouldn’t be at the stoplight with me again.

This was down in Mexico and we never broke the speed limit in case anyone was wondering :rolleyes:

This was a fairly atypical moment, and it involved my 3...

PSX_20180902_145318.jpg
(Excuse my poor license plate removal)

Over took a douche with 2 very attractive girls in his 911 Turbo Cab on my way home from work.
He passed a bunch of folks in the right turn lane before cutting over in front of others to the left on his way to the red light.

When the light turned green I knew he was gonna floor it... his engine was screaming as he kept looking over perplexed as he couldn’t pass me... the look on his face was priceless.... he backed off and made the next right so he wouldn’t be at the stoplight with me again.

This was down in Mexico and we never broke the speed limit in case anyone was wondering :rolleyes:

nice
must have been an older 911 turbo since the newer ones
run about 2.9 off the line
and 1/4 mile in 11 sec

nice
must have been an older 911 turbo since the newer ones
run about 2.9 off the line
and 1/4 mile in 11 sec

It was definitely a 991 turbo non-S... don’t know if it was a 991.1 or 991.2.
He didn’t go through his whole launch sequence as it was just spur of the moment off the light and not prepped at a drag strip... had the stretch of road been much longer he would have over taken me but we were already going pretty fast when we let up. Says something about the no-drama / no-setup launch of the P3D+... Not like I blew him away, but he didn’t catch up...

It was definitely a 991 turbo non-S... don’t know if it was a 991.1 or 991.2.
He didn’t go through his whole launch sequence as it was just spur of the moment off the light and not prepped at a drag strip... had the stretch of road been much longer he would have over taken me but we were already going pretty fast when we let up. Says something about the no-drama / no-setup launch of the P3D+... Not like I blew him away, but he didn’t catch up...

impressive....
i have a hard time keeping up with my neighbor in is 2016 turbo cab
while in my P85D ludi
almost identical off the line
but in the 1/4 mile runs it's game over for me
he's well ahead:eek:
wife is very happy with her 3 sweet car

Some of my best moments are one when a guy in a Mercedes AMG convertible pulls along side me on the 405 heading into L.A. and gives me a thumbs up . Another a few weeks ago at a local strip mall as my wife and I exit the 3 a guy comes up to ask questions about the car. I tell the wife I'll meet you inside. Meanwhile I give the guy a 15min tour and let him sit in the driver's seat. He says I don't want to take up any more of your time; I'm going home to pull the trigger and configure my car as he walks away and gets in his Audi A4!

Everytime I drive the Volt: Mustangs, Corvettes, BMWs, Audi’s and Mercs drive aggressively and loudly around me.

No one lines up next to the 3P and the aforementioned cars are as docile as Camry’s.

Every stoplight is a potential Model 3 moment. ;)

I made this post over a month ago @Jedi2155. It’s not an exaggeration that people change their behavior when a Model 3 is in play. :)