Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoy reading the other "Tesla Moments" on the S and X forums. I would love to hear stories about your experience with the Model 3 with everyday normal people.

I was driving home and saw a pizza delivery driver do a double take on my Model 3 and seeing his crazy reaction got me laughing. He literally stuck his head out the window just to see the car past by him.

People around here recognize the Model S and Model X so I've never had anyone try to race me from a stop light when in either of those. However, a pick-up truck tried to race my Model 3 from a stoplight in a lonely area three times. Needless to say, the pick-up truck owner wasn't happy in the end.

Also, lots of Model S owners seem to ask about it when I'm supercharging. It feels nice being able to give tours to those with a car that costs twice as much as mine. Happy to be an early Model 3 owner. :)

I'm questioning the veracity of this report. UPS drivers don't turn left.
Why UPS drivers don't turn left and you probably shouldn't either

"Typically, only 10% of the turns are left turns." So it's just uncommon, rather than never. EDIT: However that article was still interesting, I hadn't realized they went to those lengths to avoid left hand turns. Definitely food for thought.

-- -- -- -- --

Looking forward to adding a fully on-topic moment here...if only because it means I'll have my M3. :p However in the meantime I'll share a reverse version one:

Being unreasonably excited about ordering, and wanting the decisions made before I got the configure invite, I had visited the back lot of the local SC being used as the delivery point in Houston. I wanted to see the M3 in each of the colours in person prior, and that ended up taking four visits total (stopping when passing by). The one weekend drive through was done in the Bolt (I only get it on weekends, it's the wife's commuter). As I was leaving pulling out onto the main road, a red nose-cone Model S was pulling onto that access alley to the SC and he cheerfully waved to me.

Clearly they identified the Bolt as a fellow EV traveller. I thought that was very nice of them to be so friendly, in an instant.**

** I choose to believe it wasn't them mocking me. ;)

Last edited:
"Typically, only 10% of the turns are left turns." So it's just uncommon, rather than never.

-- -- -- -- --

Looking forward to adding a fully on-topic moment here...if only because it means I'll have my M3. :p However in the meantime I'll share a reverse version one:

Being unreasonably excited about ordering, and wanting the decisions made before I got the configure invite, I had visited the back lot of the local SC being used as the delivery point in Houston. I wanted to see the M3 in each of the colours in person prior, and that ended up taking four visits total (stopping when passing by). The one weekend drive through was done in the Bolt (I only get it on weekends, it's the wife's commuter). As I was leaving pulling out onto the main road, a red nose-cone Model S was pulling onto that access alley to the SC and he cheerfully waved to me.

Clearly they identified the Bolt as a fellow EV traveller. I thought that was very nice of them to be so friendly, in an instant.**

** I choose to believe it wasn't them mocking me. ;)
They were definitely mocking you. :p

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
I'm questioning the veracity of this report. UPS drivers don't turn left.
Why UPS drivers don't turn left and you probably shouldn't either

I'm questioning if you read what you linked to:
UPS have designed their vehicle routing software to eliminate as many left-hand turns as possible (in countries with right-hand traffic). Typically, only 10% of the turns are left turns.

Especially when you consider that the link in the article results in the 10% bit being highlighted.

Edit: I see @ℬête Noire already pointed that out while I was reading the article.

I'm questioning if you read what you linked to:

Especially when you consider that the link in the article results in the 10% bit being highlighted.

Edit: I see @ℬête Noire already pointed that out while I was reading the article.
I R Ninja!!!!

P.S. I suspect the biggest reason we didn't understand it as humour by S'Toon is the article's own somewhat misleading headline.

Wherever I drive, the car seems to attract a lot of attention from either children/teens or men. I laminated my Monroney sticker, which lives by itself in the frunk, and printed out little double-sided info cards with the web links to the various EV-related rebates in our province, as it's nice to have something to give people who are interested but hesitant due to the costs.

One man, who was crossing the pedestrian crosswalk with his family in front of the car stopped dead in his tracks, jaw hanging, and then started bouncing around, shouting "Is that the new Model 3?!?!" and asking me how much I loved it while traffic behind me wondered what was happening. Another fellow, exiting the parkade in his VW alongside me, shouted the same questions with a massive grin. I told him it is better than I ever imagined and to put his order in. Meanwhile, his wife/girlfriend, who was sitting next to him, was probably bracing for a non-stop Tesla conversation on their drive home. ;)

I've had it for less than 24 hours, but already two experiences. Don't have a Level 2 charger installed at home yet, so right after delivery, I was SuperCharging it. Lady came to check it out cuz she just got her invite e-mail. Then, as I was almost home, the neighbor kids passed by going the other way. The one in the passenger seat probably got whiplash based on how fast he whipped around to watch the car as we passed each other (I was coming around a turn so there wasn't much time before he saw me and we passed each other).

Then, as I was almost home, the neighbor kids passed by going the other way. The one in the passenger seat probably got whiplash based on how fast he whipped around to watch the car as we passed each other (I was coming around a turn so there wasn't much time before he saw me and we passed each other).

That grill-less nose is a real attention grabber.

Reactions: mekberg
Took a road trip the second weekend I had the car. Many passengers of cars that pass me rubber neck - even so far as looking behind the B pillar as they pass.

Model S owners ask to see inside, frunk, and trunk at Superchargers.

At a stoplight a guy rolls down his window and waves at me in the "IT'S HAPPENING" fashion to get my attention. Asks if it is in fact the Model 3. Said it was a beautiful car.

Guy in front of me in at a coffee drive-thru in a BMW X1 takes a cell phone shot of my Model 3 view his side view mirror.