Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had full body ceramic coating done and all side windows tinted by Opti-Coat in Alexandria. They subcontract the window tinting out to SolarTint at Banksmeadow but manage the process end to end. They needed the car for a full day and keep it overnight. I was very happy with the results.

Ceramic coating is fantastic and makes the car extremely easy to wash as well as keeping it looking shiny.

I didn’t bother with PPF because I’m not that precious about paint chips. After 2 years, I don’t have any paint damage that I’ve noticed and my car has done some decent long trips in regional NSW and VIC.
How much did it cost you at Opti Coat?

How much did it cost you at Opti Coat?

$995 for full-body Opti-Coat Pro+ and $295 for side window tinting with Madico Black Envy.

They do it properly with full body wash & detail, surface decontamination and paint enhancement to remove small imperfections prior to coating. Also free Uber to get home and back after dropping the car off.

I’ll admit I was fairly nervous giving them the car after only having it for 3 days, and I did check their insurance since they drive the car from Alexandria to Banksmeadow and back to get the tinting done (and they were happy to answer my questions on that) but they are experienced doing Teslas. It was all completely fine and I’m very happy with the results.

Reactions: sydneyguy
$995 for full-body Opti-Coat Pro+ and $295 for side window tinting with Madico Black Envy.

They do it properly with full body wash & detail, surface decontamination and paint enhancement to remove small imperfections prior to coating. Also free Uber to get home and back after dropping the car off.

I’ll admit I was fairly nervous giving them the car after only having it for 3 days, and I did check their insurance since they drive the car from Alexandria to Banksmeadow and back to get the tinting done (and they were happy to answer my questions on that) but they are experienced doing Teslas. It was all completely fine and I’m very happy with the results.
Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Appreciate that.

I got a package with Tint Haus - ceramic tint, ceramic coating, front ppf.

They came across as thoroughly professional, were easy to deal with, and I am pleased with the end result. Their pricing seems in line with other places with their reputation.

It took a couple of days for them to do.

I got a package with Tint Haus - ceramic tint, ceramic coating, front ppf.

They came across as thoroughly professional, were easy to deal with, and I am pleased with the end result. Their pricing seems in line with other places with their reputation.

It took a couple of days for them to do.
Thanks.
How much did it cost you in total?

Also, did they take more than a day to do it?

All went well, done in a day.
PXL_20220414_070835937.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20220414_070916475.MP.jpg
PXL_20220414_070906955.MP.jpg

It's the standard 35% darkest legal tint. No PPF, just the 3 x ceramic coat system that I think is pretty standard these days. They did paint correction beforehand but the paint coming out of Shanghai is pretty good these days so it has come up very well. Also did the interior treatment that came as a package.