Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I booked mine though Motor One, who have a deal with my leasing company
I ended up at a place called Tint a Car in Alexandria
the owner Steve has a Model 3 - he's a very excitable and engaging chap
it took about two or three hours

Last edited:
I can share with you my email correspondence with Tint Haus.

"Price for the Ceramic Tint is $495 for all side windows or ($695 including the panoramic rear window) at our Thornleigh studio. Again, this price is for any VLT percentage (film darkness) included.

If you were to come to our Thornleigh studio, we have complimentary WIFI and television for your comfort in our customer waiting lounge.

The fitment time needed for your vehicle would be 2 hours in total."

I will be booking my tinting to be done with Tint Haus.

Reactions: sydneyguy

"Price for the Ceramic Tint is $495 for all side windows or ($695 including the panoramic rear window) at our Thornleigh studio. Again, this price is for any VLT percentage (film darkness) included.

If you were to come to our Thornleigh studio, we have complimentary WIFI and television for your comfort in our customer waiting lounge.

Can you please share contract details for me to talk to them to book?

Has anyone of you got following done from Tint Haus?

Would like to hear your view in terms of quality and if you are happy with it?

1) 10H Ceramic Coating

2) Tint Haus Full Vehicle Ceramic Tint with Panoramic rear

3) Tint Haus Interior Protection

Did you do Ceramic Coating as well as Tinting of windows (including the panoramic glass)

Please share your view if you are happy with the service and its quality?

Did you do Ceramic Coating as well as Tinting of windows (including the panoramic glass)

I haven't booked yet. Still waiting for car. hopefully delivery in early May. 🤞Most likely not going to do ceramic coating. Still deciding.
Most likely will tint panoramic glass. Will discuss with Tint Haus when I bring the car there.

Has anyone of you got following done from Tint Haus?

Would like to hear your view in terms of quality and if you are happy with it?

1) 10H Ceramic Coating

2) Tint Haus Full Vehicle Ceramic Tint with Panoramic rear

3) Tint Haus Interior Protection
Yes I had it done
1. Seems good, but I wouldn’t know as I have never had it before so don’t have a point of comparison. I guess time will be the true test. I must admit, washing the car is significantly easier.
2. I got this done, perfect. No complaints. Highly recommend. They definitely seem to be experts on the Tesla.
3. As part of the package they do. I have it. I was never interested in it and it was part of the package. To be honest, they could have said they did it and not, I wouldn’t know.

I had my car done there.
As for the service, the guy that runs it was exceptional, he answered all my questions, not pushy, just honest and he had plenty of time for my amateur questions. He doesn’t try and upswell you or anything. On the day the blokes working all seemed pretty good.
As for quality, no complaints, I would recommend them without a doubt. Their prices seem pretty reasonable compared to most out there too.

I just received my Model 3 in Sydney. Any idea if it's worth getting Paint protection done for the model 3? Also,any tips if you guys suggest to get window tinting done for the model 3?

I had full body ceramic coating done and all side windows tinted by Opti-Coat in Alexandria. They subcontract the window tinting out to SolarTint at Banksmeadow but manage the process end to end. They needed the car for a full day and keep it overnight. I was very happy with the results.

Ceramic coating is fantastic and makes the car extremely easy to wash as well as keeping it looking shiny.

I didn’t bother with PPF because I’m not that precious about paint chips. After 2 years, I don’t have any paint damage that I’ve noticed and my car has done some decent long trips in regional NSW and VIC.

I had full body ceramic coating done and all side windows tinted by Opti-Coat in Alexandria. They subcontract the window tinting out to SolarTint at Banksmeadow but manage the process end to end. They needed the car for a full day and keep it overnight. I was very happy with the results.

Ceramic coating is fantastic and makes the car extremely easy to wash as well as keeping it looking shiny.

I didn’t bother with PPF because I’m not that precious about paint chips. After 2 years, I don’t have any paint damage that I’ve noticed and my car has done some decent long trips in regional NSW and VIC.
Thanks for your detailed response. Appreciate that.

I had my car done there.
As for the service, the guy that runs it was exceptional, he answered all my questions, not pushy, just honest and he had plenty of time for my amateur questions. He doesn’t try and upswell you or anything. On the day the blokes working all seemed pretty good.
As for quality, no complaints, I would recommend them without a doubt. Their prices seem pretty reasonable compared to most out there too.

Yes I had it done
1. Seems good, but I wouldn’t know as I have never had it before so don’t have a point of comparison. I guess time will be the true test. I must admit, washing the car is significantly easier.
2. I got this done, perfect. No complaints. Highly recommend. They definitely seem to be experts on the Tesla.
3. As part of the package they do. I have it. I was never interested in it and it was part of the package. To be honest, they could have said they did it and not, I wouldn’t know.