Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Performance Sets New Track Record At Buttonwillow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Unplugged Performance proves the Model 3 is a top-notch track car. Tesla aftermarket maker and supplier Unplugged Performance (UP) recently announced on the Tesla Motors Club (TMC) forum that it broke lap time records at the Buttonwillow Raceway Park in California. The record was set by a modified Tesla Model 3 during the track’s recent...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/03/03/modified-tesla-model-3-record/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

There is about 10mm of material missing from both sides making it look poorly designed or manufactured.

It does not cover the full width of the original bumper around the sides.

This is not just on my particular copy. You can see this on many pictures people post online.

There was no way to install it any differently to get it to fully cover the sides.

I am interested in the Unplugged Performance's front and rear spoilers. This lap record would seem to suggest that the front lip spoiler has some actual utility. HOWEVER, neither this car, nor any of the other UP M3Ps that have been tearing around tracks look like they have either the "high efficiency" or "high down force" rear spoilers? Why not? Either they don't live up to the claims or they don't actually exist yet?? It's not on the spec list for the trim in that video.

I am interested in the Unplugged Performance's front and rear spoilers. This lap record would seem to suggest that the front lip spoiler has some actual utility. HOWEVER, neither this car, nor any of the other UP M3Ps that have been tearing around tracks look like they have either the "high efficiency" or "high down force" rear spoilers? Why not? Either they don't live up to the claims or they don't actually exist yet?? It's not on the spec list for the trim in that video.

I have a high efficiency one on my wife's car and should have the high downforce one on my car later this month. The spoiler is superb. Fitment is much better than the stock performance one. I'm happy with it.